Cancel Culture Conservatives Cancel Big Bird

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned
..for promoting evil anti-god (or something) vaccines, and being a subversive - promoting PLEASE ASS BOX ME! probably.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Republicans’ biggest conference bans the Muppets because they are pro-vaccine
The annual conservative conference is upset at Big Bird for getting vaccinated.

The Conservative Political Action Conference (
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
) announced this week that it would not allow any of the Sesame Street muppets to attend its annual meeting in Florida next year.

In numerous posts across social media, CPAC took aim at the iconic children’s show over its ongoing promotion of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Big Bird, one of Sesame Street’s most recognizable characters, drew the ire of conservatives earlier this month after claiming to have received the inoculation in a statement on Twitter.

“I got the COVID-19 vaccine today!” the statement read. “My wing is feeling a little sore, but it’ll give my body an extra protective boost that keeps me and others healthy.”

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
1. Who the fuck cares?

2. This isnt actually canceling. And this isnt what people (not just conservatives) are talking about when they discuss cancel culture. I'm not surprised simple and narrow thinkers do not understand the difference between not hosting a certain person or character at an event and cancel culture mobs who attack entire networks and platforms until someone is removed.

Are they fighting to have Big Bird fired off the air and boot him off socail media? Because then that would be a valid observation of hypocrisy.

If you would like to continue not grasping the issue and pretend not hosting someone at an event is "canceling" and conservatives condemn this(and they dont....because it's not canceling) feel free. I doubt you'll invest the time in understand any issues because you enjoy looking retarded.

3. Their reason isnt because of the vaccine really....its because they dont agree that children show characters should be peddling medical interventions to children who cant even consent to their own medical treatment.

Personally I dont care about this at all. I do not think a children's show should be discussing ANY hot partisan issues though. Mainly people are tired of having political issues shoved in their face on venues that should be neutral.

DDT

Factory Bastard
Thinking back as a kid, Sesame Street did seem to push a bit of propaganda... I'm positive Jewish hands were at work behind the scenes.

I think the very first Negro I ever saw was on that show.

And it taught me that Water = Aqua. Why were they prepping me for a language strange and foreign to me?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thinking back as a kid, Sesame Street did seem to push a bit of propaganda... I'm positive Jewish hands were at work behind the scenes.

I think the very first Negro I ever saw was on that show.

And it taught me that Water = Aqua. Why were they prepping me for a language strange and foreign to me?

You weren't their target audience.

DDT

Factory Bastard
You weren't their target audience.
I vaguely remember one episode where a Black kid answered a phone, and became sad after he hung up (you couldn't hear what was said). Then the puppets tried to console him, telling him some people are mean, but most people aren't, and to not be sad. Something like that.

My cousin watching with me shouted, "The caller must've called him a nigger!" :LOL3: