Cancel culture strikes again -- Susan Sarandon is the target

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think her sentiment hit badly because of the "now you know what if feels like" message. It's not only inartful, I think it's mistaken.

Until we get to a place where we realize feelings that are akin to "you got yours", revenge, etc are angry and hateful, our humanity is all at threat.

Those feelings may be natural in all of us, but we have to process through those thoughts and refuse to give in to our primal need that those that cause pain should also experience pain.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think her sentiment hit badly because of the "now you know what if feels like" message. It's not only inartful, I think it's mistaken.

Until we get to a place where we realize feelings that are akin to "you got yours", revenge, etc are angry and hateful, our humanity is all at threat.

Those feelings may be natural in all of us, but we have to process through those thoughts and refuse to give in to our primal need that those that cause pain should also experience pain.
Of course what she said was stupid. But for her agency to drop her over it? Ridiculous.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thats the way cancel culture works, its just new for you thats all.
I never approved of it in the first place. People should not be cancelled for saying stupid shit. They should be cancelled for destroying other people's lives, yes. But for saying stupid shit, no.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
My daughter is a Palestinian sympathizer. I told her do not discuss this at work, which she is also in this industry.

I don’t understand why we have to pick a side in this shitshow nightmare.

Good point, not knowing enough or not caring about a specific issue is not a crime. You really shouldn't talk politics at work anyway unless its a group of friends youve known a long time....in better times.