I like guns..

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So, I wanna stimulate the economy with my new six hunnert bucks stimulus, and one of my grandsons has reached the point where he's ready for an upgrade from his first gun (.22 bolt action, box magazine.) He will need my help cuz his mom (although a retired military officer) is anti-gun for their family and his dad (my son) is in a tight spot "politically" there (having already maxed out his Man Card for his own guns.)

I've narrowed the field down to 3 choices, and I'm soliciting input from @Ice and possibly others.

Option 1: Classic Browning auto, tube mag in stock, which was my first auto .22 many decades ago, still in production offshore
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Option 2: Vintage used (cos discontinued) HK 270, box mag, best iron sights ever seen on a .22, had one of these for years but it went to another grandson a few years ago.

Option 3: .22 rimfire version of the HK 416 which conforms to the New Aesthetic of what a rifle is spozed to look like and maybe will impress his friends when they go squirrel hunting

Maybe there's an Option 4.

OPINIONS SOLICITED AND WELCOME if they are germane to my subtopic. :LOL2:

I got my son a Ruger .22. But its a semi auto. He can fire 100 rounds in less than a minute.

I also like a Henry .22. But its lever action.

In my opinion, save the bolt action for a 30.30 or a 30.06.
Yea, all 3 options are semi-auto but only one is high capacity.

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
Lol, things within 5 feet of me right now....

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

You sound like you live in fear.

And you sound like a typical "oh the police will protect me 24/7" type people (the same police that are quitting in droves). Sorry Lotus, but I dont think your claws are gonna help much when the time comes.
In Europe the risk of everything you are afraid of is very little. Do you understand that?

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
My fav rimfire is my heavy barrel Marlin in .17hmr. Man that gun blows gophers all to hell. I also have a Marlin bolt .22 mag but for semi auto I have a Remington 597. You can get 25 round mags for these and that should keep a kid happy.
I did own a couple of Ruger 10/22 over the years but wasn't a fan due to poor accuracy. If I was going to get another rimfire I would consider a CZ 455, yes it's a bolt action but those are the best guns to teach kids with since they will be using a bolt gun if they ever go big game hunting when they are older.
But fuck man you're old and rich so buy him whatever he wants. Better yet give him one of your rimfires that way he can brag to his buds that this was grampas gun. That's what I would do.

btw... sounds like your son needs to grow a pair just sayin'

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

And you sound like a typical "oh the police will protect me 24/7" type people (the same police that are quitting in droves). Sorry Lotus, but I dont think your claws are gonna help much when the time comes.

When what time comes? I refuse to live my life in fear. It's like people who declare every decade or so that the apocalypse is nigh. That kind of high level stress kills far more people than the apocalypse ever will.

• Agree!
Reactions: Q

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

When what time comes? I refuse to live my life in fear. It's like people who declare every decade or so that the apocalypse is nigh. That kind of high level stress kills far more people than the apocalypse ever will.

When I hear your shrill shreaks as the zombies munch on you, dont say I didnt warn you. I'll be too busy trying to make some distance while they go to town on your innards :Grin3:

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

You've made your anti gun feelings well known here many many times.

No need to keep repeating yourself.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

When I hear your shrill shreaks as the zombies munch on you, dont say I didnt warn you. I'll be too busy trying to make some distance while they go to town on your innards :Grin3:

Honey, if the zombies come, I'm going to just admit that it's my time. Can't stop fate with bullets.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

Honey, if the zombies come, I'm going to just admit that it's my time. Can't stop fate with bullets.

Can you pretend that the zombies are after you and jump off a cliff or something?

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

Lol, why ya think I got my samurai sword? I fuck some shit up, Michonne style!!!

Pfft.... fear.... HA!!!!

giphy.gif

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

Lol, why ya think I got my samurai sword? I fuck some shit up, Michonne style!!!

Pfft.... fear.... HA!!!!

giphy.gif

Yeah. Get back to me the day you actually have to fight to save your own or anyone else's life. Assuming any of us are still alive by that time.

• Agree!
Reactions: Q

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

Pfft.... fear.... HA!!!!

giphy.gif

Yeah. Get back to me the day you actually have to fight to save your own or anyone else's life. Assuming any of us are still alive by that time.

You have a hard time listening sometimes though. If I say RUN, fucking RUN!!!! lol

If I say FIGHT! We got this!!!

Sword.jpg

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

what a weakling

• Agree!
Reactions: Ice

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

Pfft.... fear.... HA!!!!

giphy.gif

You have a hard time listening sometimes though. If I say RUN, fucking RUN!!!! lol

Sword.jpg

You 'n Larry, eh Blazor?

larry-mizen2.jpg

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Louisville Slugger
Gandalf staff
Samurai sword
Pair of Sais
lots of Kitchen knives

lol

Pfft.... fear.... HA!!!!

giphy.gif

Sword.jpg

You 'n Larry, eh Blazor?

larry-mizen2.jpg

Hahahah friend of yours?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm a big fan of the ruger 10/22. Mine is stainless and will last near an eternity. I purchased and installed the Ruger upgraded trigger group and that made it better to shoot and no doubt more accurate. I took it to the farm and 70 yard groupings are pretty much on top of each other using a scope. 25 round mags are plentiful to boot. That AR style .22 from HK looks pretty cool. Dont have any first hand experience with it though. I agree that the .17 rimfire is a more lethal choice and ammo seems to be plentiful, even now.

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned

At least in Canada they are starting to get smarter. I wonder when it's gonna happen in the US. I hope they will follow soon

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

At least in Canada they are starting to get smarter. I wonder when it's gonna happen in the US. I hope they will follow soon
Stop thread jacking and take your bullshit gun control to the correct forum you stupid cunt.