I like guns..

maxis736

Adm‎inistrator
Why do you feel you have to have a badge to own a gun. I know some of the best SNIPERS that aren't a part of the military, FBI or any government agency for that matter. You don't need to be a professional to know how to responsibly use a gun.
That is correct, but there is also not a valid reason to have it. Ergo, they should not have it.

Sometimes people with CWP's actually SAVE LIVES in a public setting. For example: a man that LEGALLY owns a gun is shopping inside a store. Two armed robbers come in and try to hold folks hostage or rob the place. By law and his legal right, the man that has a CWP (concealed weapons permit) can pull his weapon to defend himself and other people in that store.
What do you imagine will happen? I think he will kill the robbers in the best scenario. Who is he to kill people without them being convicted by a judge in a legal trial?
The other thing that can happen is that the robbers will kill people in their attempt to sve themselves.
And maybe even the guy that knows how to handle the gun, is not really up to the job due to the stress of the situation and he kills innocent people....
What about relying on the police to solve this? Those people are trained for the job.

The only exception to this are places that have signs that say "no concealed weapons allowed". In this case, only law enforcement is allowed to enter in any location with a gun.
That's not going to stop the criminals....

People go through a screening process here to own a gun. You can't just go in a store/pawn shop and buy a gun without going through a process, first. Criminals aren't allowed to legally own guns depending on the crime they were convicted of. Example: if you go to jail because you didn't pay your child support, you can still own a gun because that's not a violent crime. If you go to jail for criminal domestic violence, your "legal" gun owning days are over. It varies but it's fair.
How does the screening look like? What do they check?

I do agree with you when you say people with mental instabilities shouldn't own a gun.
There! At least we have accomplished that :-)
But how do you make sure they don't?

CaseyK

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter
Nothing is going to stop a criminal from obtaining a gun. I do know that "availability" plays a major role in whether or not they will obtain one but we all know they can. You can strip guns from the hands of every American citizen, military, government agency, etc....and there will always be those who store them away somewhere....the black market...etc. It won't stop even if you take drastic measures to make it happen. It's possible but HIGHLY improbable. In order to obtain a firearm you have to be of legal age. They do an extensive criminal background check. As long as you meet certain criteria, you may own a gun with or without a cwp. A cwp gives you permission to conceal it on your person (body). You can leave a gun in the dash or middle console of your vehicle if going out in public or driving with one. You CANNOT store it under the seat of your car. If you get pulled over in a traffic stop and try to reach for it just to let the officer know you have it, will get your ass shot. Thats why it stays in your dash or middle console. If the officer asks for your registration (and they always do) and if its in the dash, you tell the officer there is a gun in your dash BEFORE you open it. He will then ask if its loaded.. if it is (and mine usually is) I always tell the cop I would rather him take it out before I reach for my registration. This keeps ME safe. Common sense plays a big role in all of this. There are gun racks that can be mounted in your vehicle for rifles. Most cwp's don't carry rifles but some do. I don't think you can carry it out in public though because that pretty much defeats the purpose of it being "concealed". You can leave one in your vehicle, though.

maxis736

Adm‎inistrator
Nothing is going to stop a criminal from obtaining a gun. I do know that "availability" plays a major role in whether or not they will obtain one but we all know they can. You can strip guns from the hands of every American citizen, military, government agency, etc....and there will always be those who store them away somewhere....the black market...etc. It won't stop even if you take drastic measures to make it happen. It's possible but HIGHLY improbable. In order to obtain a firearm you have to be of legal age. They do an extensive criminal background check. As long as you meet certain criteria, you may own a gun with or without a cwp. A cwp gives you permission to conceal it on your person (body). You can leave a gun in the dash or middle console of your vehicle if going out in public or driving with one. You CANNOT store it under the seat of your car. If you get pulled over in a traffic stop and try to reach for it just to let the officer know you have it, will get your ass shot. Thats why it stays in your dash or middle console. If the officer asks for your registration (and they always do) and if its in the dash, you tell the officer there is a gun in your dash BEFORE you open it. He will then ask if its loaded.. if it is (and mine usually is) I always tell the cop I would rather him take it out before I reach for my registration. This keeps ME safe. Common sense plays a big role in all of this. There are gun racks that can be mounted in your vehicle for rifles. Most cwp's don't carry rifles but some do. I don't think you can carry it out in public though because that pretty much defeats the purpose of it being "concealed". You can leave one in your vehicle, though.
Wow... life with a gun is very complicated and actually very dangerous. The police can shoot you just for reaching to a gun and I understand why: their life is at risk. Can you imagine how easy it is to just be able to rude a car, do a alcohol test every now and then, and not being afraid the cop will shoot you? That is my life... I'll blow in the machine, he thanks me, comcludes that I am not so stupid that I drove with alcohol in my blood and we wish eachother a good day / evening / weekend / whatever :-)

Still, you keep mentioning the extensive background checks, but what more is it then checking for a criminal past?

maxis736

Adm‎inistrator
For example: a man that LEGALLY owns a gun is shopping inside a store. Two armed robbers come in and try to hold folks hostage or rob the place. By law and his legal right, the man that has a CWP (concealed weapons permit) can pull his weapon to defend himself and other people in that store.
Kyle Rittenhouse. Do I need to say more?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Ice

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
For example: a man that LEGALLY owns a gun is shopping inside a store. Two armed robbers come in and try to hold folks hostage or rob the place. By law and his legal right, the man that has a CWP (concealed weapons permit) can pull his weapon to defend himself and other people in that store.
:rightON:

maxis736

Adm‎inistrator
:rightON:

Interesting how NOBODY was able to reply with something decent....

Argo: Guns should be forbidden. Kyle Rittenhouse showed us why...

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won't eithe
Site Supporter
If you shoot some one even in your home you must prove that your life was in danger so if some one is climeing out your window better pull there ass back in and blast away - - - - - -

maxis736

Adm‎inistrator
If you shoot some one even in your home you must prove that your life was in danger so if some one is climeing out your window better pull there ass back in and blast away - - - - - -
Or maybe respect human a life? You can let him go and let the insurance pay for the damage and the police get the bad guy

CaseyK

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter
That's very true because that happened to an elderly lady that went ham on a burglars ass trying to break into her home. He was halfway in her home through the window and the lower half of his body was hanging out the window. She shot and killed his ass and SHE WENT TO JAIL!!! Thay's another reason I won't shoot someone in the back. If they're running, they're scared and the intent to do harm reduces drastically.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won't eithe
Site Supporter
Looks like they shoot the same ammo (7.62x39 ?) and made from the same dyes - - - - - - -

Ice

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Looks like they shoot the same ammo (7.62x39 ?) and made from the same dyes - - - - - - -
They all shoot 7.62 x 25 ammo. That's the same round the Russians had in the PPSH in ww2.

All have 7 round mags except the Yugo, it holds 8 rounds.:rightON:

Jake

Factory Bastard
My Tokarev TT-33 collection. Top to bottom..

1936 Russian
1955 Chinese type 54
1955 Romanian
1957 Yugoslav M57

I'm new here and usually eschew gun fondler threads, but this post caught my attention. I've never had a Tokarev pistol but I've burnt up a few thousand rounds of 7.62 x 25 in my CZ-52. I love lighting it up in an indoor range where I'm not known, cuz all the hangers-on will come flying back there to see wtf they are hearing. Once upon a time I had a C96 Mauser and my range buddy had a couple of 7.62 Lugers so I've shot all 3 variants of the .30 gooseneck pistol cartridge. I like the CZ best because of that lovely roller bearing lockup, lifted from Schmeisser as in the HK P9S. Plus, the CZ is a rock. Never had a hiccup from it, and I've fed it just about everything.

Ice

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My Tokarev TT-33 collection. Top to bottom..

1936 Russian
1955 Chinese type 54
1955 Romanian
1957 Yugoslav M57

I'm new here and usually eschew gun fondler threads, but this post caught my attention. I've never had a Tokarev pistol but I've burnt up a few thousand rounds of 7.62 x 25 in my CZ-52. I love lighting it up in an indoor range where I'm not known, cuz all the hangers-on will come flying back there to see wtf they are hearing. Once upon a time I had a C96 Mauser and my range buddy had a couple of 7.62 Lugers so I've shot all 3 variants of the .30 gooseneck pistol cartridge. I like the CZ best because of that lovely roller bearing lockup, lifted from Schmeisser as in the HK P9S. Plus, the CZ is a rock. Never had a hiccup from it, and I've fed it just about everything.
Yes sir the 7.62x25 is a snappy round. It only shoots an 85 gr. pill but I believe the velocity is right up around 1700 fps. I like the Russian copper wash surplus ammo the best. It's cheap,very reliable but a bit dirty but then all surplus ammo is dirty. The worst ammo I shot was the Czech surplus on 8 round stripper clips. I'd have at least one failure to feed in every mag I shot.
As for the Toks they are a fun little gun with a lot of history behind them altho not that accurate.
I'd love to see this round chambered in a little carbine such as the M1 or even the Ruger PCC.
On a side note the 7.62x25 put a lot of Nazi bastards in thier graves.:rightON: