Is the USSC a Kangaroo Court that only represents Right Wing & Corporate Interests?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
They also look out for radical Christian extremism
Even as a non American I find their antics and latest rulings shocking.

I think I know where this is leading.

This is what happened prior to the rise of Hitler in Germany as well. The courts were stacked full of their sympathizers & that country went full ballistic towards fascism eh.

Project 2025 seems very real.

Looks like theyre gonna play hardball with the citizens of America.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
So Trump got his immunity for "official acts" which apparently include efforts to overthrow the government of the USA.

. On the topic. One thing I had never understood about Democrapters, is that they never took seriously the appointment of judges the way Repukes have - that going back as long as I can recall. It seemed so short sighted. In any case Repukelickins were always better at "politics", at least in more recent decades.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
So Trump got his immunity for "official acts" which apparently include efforts to overthrow the government of the USA.

. On the topic. One thing I had never understood about Democrapters, is that they never took seriously the appointment of judges the way Repukes have - that going back as long as I can recall. It seemed so short sighted. In any case Repukelickins were always better at "politics", at least in more recent decades.

Well, Democrats relied on favorable demographics while the GOP patiently chipped away at democracy.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
I'm glad I'm getting older
Waaaaay ahead of ya. I am already plotting my escape from the mundane world.

...but - If you read Chris Hedge's "Death of the Liberal Class" one thing he sez in essence, which I have always seen as true, is that what was the liberal class (which no longer exists - in spite of people calling this or that Liberuhl etc) is more to blame for our current predicament than the contard...contards always exist everywhere and in all times - so it is the duty and responsibility of Liberals to safeguard against us being dragged into the metaphorical stone age and keep the human race on a evolutionary heading. That is the principle reason why I have been more critical of Dems than Repukes (who no one should ever expect anything good from by their very nature). ... and neither did we keep things on course in the most outward way.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
It's true. However, thr GOP played a brilliant trick on its voters, they linked religion and politics in a way that the ignorant masses ate up.

You can't blame Dems for that.

However, in essence you're absolutely correct

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
As an Outsider/Foreigner that's what it looks like to me.

If so then it appears that many of its citizens are in for a rough ride.

Fascism arrives in your sleep I guess.

Oh well.
How would you describe the courts in NY and GA?

Can you describe the way America is becoming Fascist?

Where are you from?

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
It's true. However, thr GOP played a brilliant trick on its voters, they linked religion and politics in a way that the ignorant masses ate up.

You can't blame Dems for that.

However, in essence you're absolutely correct
How about linking the Climate Hoax to politics? .......brilliant move to hook those that cant filter through statistics to find out the truth......and are desprate to belong to something.......and Bow to Mother Earth.

Poor sheep selling their future out to the climate grifters.......

Sad!

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
How about linking the Climate Hoax to politics? .......brilliant move to hook those that cant filter through statistics to find out the truth......and are desprate to belong to something.......and Bow to Mother Earth.

Poor sheep selling their future out to the climate grifters.......

Sad!
You might be accusing the wrong party there.
.Oak isn't a believer as I understand it.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
You might be accusing the wrong party there.
.Oak isn't a believer as I understand it.
Thats OK.....respect to her if she is not......but I'm noting the hook set and related to political appeal.......the same level of connection religion brings to some politicians, exists with politicians that pander to climate fanatics.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Thats OK.....respect to her if she is not......but I'm noting the hook set and related to political appeal.......the same level of connection religion brings to some politicians, exists with politicians that pander to climate fanatics.
Well, as a nature-boy and data analyst, and all polies aside - Human made climate change is real.
. My sis tells me that I was the first person she ever heard mention that I sensed weather changing - that is over a longer course of time - early 1970s. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge it's reality at this point is the one who is under a political agenda spell. Of course - I'm sensitive, so what for me is easily seen is mysterious to the more dullardly. Just sayin there.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
However, the backlash will be huge. I really do fear for this country. I'm glad I'm getting older...it's a complete shit show.
You should @Lily

Essentially your nation's highest court has completely ignored the January 6 incident as if it never happened:

Trump has become King above law.

So if Trump gets elected the whole case could get thrown out.

I mean if they choose to ignore incidents like that why bother to have a Supreme Court?

If no one believes in them anymore your country could eventually descend into lawlessness & the USSC may become a joke I the legal community around the world.

"The USSC? Oh they're bought by RW corporate Interests. Just shills for the Republican party."

So they could lose credibility round the world like the FDA and CDC have. Pretty soon other nations wont defer to them anymore

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
You should @Lily

Essentially your nation's highest court has completely ignored the January 6 incident as if it never happened:

So if Trump gets elected the whole case could get thrown out.

I mean if they choose to ignore incidents like that why bother to have a Supreme Court?

If no one believes in them anymore your country could eventually descend into lawlessness & the USSC may become a joke I the legal community around the world.

"The USSC? Oh they're bought by RW corporate Interests. Just shills for the Republican party."

So they could lose credibility round the world like the FDA and CDC have. Pretty soon other nations wont defer to them anymore

I'm fully aware of the implications of this kangaroo court and its decisions.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I'm fully aware of the implications of this kangaroo court and its decisions.
Complete and utter Evil.

So technically a President could walk down the street shoot and murder someone and be granted complete immunity from prosecution.

Btw this isn't so far fetched either. 19th century President Andrew Jackson actually killed people in pistol duels in cold blood and may have personally murdered doze that way. Apparently he killed so many people they lost count. So your court has morally exonerated Jackson for his horrific crimes including murders of black slaves.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
So technically a President could walk down the street shoot and murder someone and be granted complete immunity from prosecution.
Pretty sure I read correctly that the immunity has to do with performance of official duties, which is why I had joked that that evidently includes attempts to overthrow the US government.
Not sure shooting people in the street is an official duty of the POTUS.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Apparently Andrew Jackson is a President Trump historically admires most:

Little wonder eh @Lily?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Pretty sure I read correctly that the immunity has to do with performance of official duties, which is why I had joked that that evidently includes attempts to overthrow the US government.
Not sure shooting people in the street is an official duty of the POTUS.
The 19th century President Andrew Jackson got away with that in pistol duels. Never mind that he intentionally incited many of those duels just like Trump invited that jan 6 riot

Your ussc are playing party favorites @The New Holliday

That's sickening

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Complete and utter Evil.

Btw this isn't so far fetched either. 19th century President Andrew Jackson actually killed people in pistol duels in cold blood and may have personally murdered doze that way. Apparently he killed so many people they lost count. So your court has morally exonerated Jackson for his horrific crimes including murders of black slaves.

Only if he were doing it as the POTUS, which isn't something the President is in a position to do.

And let's be honest, the ones that would want to kill American citizens are likely to be the ones that gone one deferment after another. Cowards.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
The 19th century President Andrew Jackson got away with that in pistol duels. Never mind that he intentionally incited many of those duels just like Trump invited that jan 6 riot

Your ussc are playing party favorites @The New Holliday

That's sickening
Seriously, Joe. No need to enlighten us on subjects of which we are painfully aware.

Re: Jackson - a few duels is nothing compared to the thousands who lost their lives under his program of Indian removal - You may wish to google Trail of Tears at your leisure.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Only if he were doing it as the POTUS, which isn't something the President is in a position to do.

And let's be honest, the ones that would want to kill American citizens are likely to be the ones that gone one deferment after another. Cowards.
I think the reason your Republican stooge court let Trump off is they just couldn't bear the thought that their homeboy Trump would be accused of convicted ot manslaughter. These ussc stooges seem to completely ignore the fact that government law enforcement officers died in that attack because of Trump.

Hush money is one thing but when a President s actions lead to the death of someone that's manslaughter. So because he caused someone's death and got away with it he is in reality no better than murderer President Andrew Jackson

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I think the reason your Republican stooge court let Trump off is they just couldn't bear the thought that their homeboy Trump would be accused of convicted ot manslaughter. These ussc stooges seem to completely ignore the fact that government law enforcement officers died in that attack because of Trump.

Hush money is one thing but when a President s actions lead to the death of someone that's manslaughter. So because he caused someone's death and got away with it he is in reality no better than murderer President Andrew Jackson

I don't think he could be charged with manslaughter.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Seriously, Joe. No need to enlighten us on subjects of which we are painfully aware.

Re: Jackson - a few duels is nothing compared to the thousands who lost their lives under his program of Indian removal - You may wish to google Trail of Tears at your leisure.
I'm just truly amazed this is happening @The New Holliday

Essentially what the court has ruled is your country has not progressed socially nor legally since the early slavery days of the 19th century.

Presidents then as now can get away with murder in public too.

So if Trump gets back in your country will elect a .murderer like Andrew Jackson. Might be 2nd degree manslaughter but it's still murder because his actions incited that riot