Biden promises to nominate a Black Woman to the USSC as Justice Breyer steps down

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

President Biden formally announced the retirement of Justice Stephen Breyer on Thursday, a step that
on Capitol Hill as Mr. Biden seeks to put his imprint on the Supreme Court.

Mr. Biden said he would name a successor by the end of February after a deliberate process, but he declined to answer questions about that process, saying that the day should be focused on Justice Breyer’s career.

Speaking with the justice by his side from the Roosevelt Room, Mr. Biden hailed the justice’s four decades on the federal bench, including almost 28 years on the Supreme Court.
Mr. Biden called it a “bittersweet day” and praised Justice Breyer for his “remarkable career of public service and his cleareyed commitment to making our laws work for the people.”

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Gross. They are so race obsessed.

Why not go on credentials alone and if the best nominee is black than they are black. Focus on skin color is disgusting and its degrading to the nominee.

Just a bunch of ghoulish racists. Of course this crumb will be tossed so the Biden administration can avoid actually offering ot doing anything to improve the lives of black Americans.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Why not go on credentials alone and if the best nominee is black than they are black. Focus on skin color is disgusting and its degrading to the nominee.

Just a bunch of ghoulish racists.

I think they should go on qualifications not race.

Race could be a factor, but it shouldn't be the overwhelming one.
Otherwise it looks like an Affirmative Action Choice.

And the USA should move away from these political appointments.
If there so much riding on a Supreme Court choice and its politically slanted, then perhaps the American people should be able to vote who the next nominee is.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

If there so much riding on a Supreme Court choice and its politically slanted, then perhaps the American people should be able to vote who the next nominee is.

We vote for the person who nominates them.

Listen those who lean left view the SCOTUS as political. It isnt. Their only job is to make decisions that best reflect the constitution and laws.

They are not there for politics. Its VERY important they are politically neutral on that bench. We do not need activists on the SCOTUS.

Trump chose judges who had good histories doing exactly that. Biden will no doubt play politcs in his choice. We will end up with some leftwing activist justice.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Breaking ... Justin Trudeau has qualified to be a Joe Biden Supreme Court nominee.

22687a6251ba5af3.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Joe

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

Listen those who lean left view the SCOTUS as political. It isnt. Their only job is to make decisions that best reflect the constitution and laws.

They are not there for politics. Its VERY important they are politically neutral on that bench. We do not need activists on the SCOTUS.

Trump chose judges who had good histories doing exactly that. Biden will no doubt play politcs in his choice. We will end up with some leftwing activist justice.
Duh'v Why bless your heart!

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I think they should take judicial appointments out of the hands of politicians altogether.
Canada too.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's the important thing.

We need a justice that hates beer. Kavanaugh admitted he enjoyed beer during a shit show politcal theater hearing that never should have happened.

He should be disqualified.

So let's check boxes instead of making good choices, right?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

We need a justice that hates beer. Kavanaugh admitted he enjoyed beer during a shit show politcal theater hearing that never should have happened.

Kavanaugh wasn't a very good nominee anyways.

However, one that was appointed previously by a Republican seemed decent - Neil Gorsuch.

Clean record.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
And yeah.....Kavanaugh was when leftists started pretending to care about rape and had an insurrection and tried to interfere with a democratic process.

But it's different when they do it.

Really what non dems/progs should be doing is fighting to not pay taxes. If we get no say in these peoples "democracy" and they get to make all the decisions and hold us all in such disturbing contempt they should be funding the shit by themselves.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Kavanaugh wasn't a very good nominee anyways.

However, one that was appointed previously by a Republican seemed decent - Neil Gorsuch.

Clean record.

Why was Kavanaugh not a good nominee?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And yeah.....Kavanaugh was when leftists started pretending to care about rape and had an insurrection and tried to interfere with a democratic process.

Really what non dems/progs should be doing is fighting to not pay taxes. If we get no say in these peoples "democracy" and they get to make all the decisions and hold us all in such disturbing contempt they should be funding the shit by themselves.

Kavanaugh is an example of someone who was purely a political appointment.

Whreas Neil Gorsuch - Given his qualifications - I think he was the best person or close to it - for the job.

330px-Associate_Justice_Neil_Gorsuch_Official_Portrait.jpg

He was a decent and acceptable choice, whether one agrees with his politics or not.

He is better than Kavanaugh.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Whreas Neil Gorsuch - Given his qualifications - I think he was the best person or close to it - for the job.

He was an acceptable choice, whether one agrees with his politics or not.

Back that.

Why was Kavanaugh not a good choice and why do you think it was political?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

President Biden formally announced the retirement of Justice Stephen Breyer on Thursday, a step that
on Capitol Hill as Mr. Biden seeks to put his imprint on the Supreme Court.

Mr. Biden said he would name a successor by the end of February after a deliberate process, but he declined to answer questions about that process, saying that the day should be focused on Justice Breyer’s career.

Speaking with the justice by his side from the Roosevelt Room, Mr. Biden hailed the justice’s four decades on the federal bench, including almost 28 years on the Supreme Court.
Mr. Biden called it a “bittersweet day” and praised Justice Breyer for his “remarkable career of public service and his cleareyed commitment to making our laws work for the people.”

What's the big deal? Reagan promised to nominate a woman and did in Sandra Day O'Connor, which the GOP at the time thought was just dandy.

She was picked for her gender...big deal, she was also qualified.

Are you implying that there aren't any qualified black female jurists?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Back that.

I think Trump could have chosen somebody better than Kavanaugh.
He was shaky and had difficulty answering the questions.

But he first choice was acceptable.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

Written by a Nancy sailor who smokes weed every single day

just saying

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Back that.

I think Trump could have chosen somebody better than Kavanaugh.
He was shaky and had difficulty answering the questions.

But he first choice was acceptable.

Okay give some examples.

Because I thought Kavanuagh was a good choice based on checking his record. I'd like to see why you disagree with that and what evidence points to his nomination being political.

I understand you think that. I'm asking for reasons why.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Nope. Its offensive that he is choosing to nominate someone based on their skin color.

It shows that democrats dont think black people can accomplish anything without them handing it to them.

Otherwise they wouldnt feel the need to go for a black person just because they are black. Black people dont struggle to get nominated. It should be their qualifications only....not their fucking RACE.

You guys are regressive.