Just Curious Re: The Situation in Gaza

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Hamas are terrorists. They're not in any position to tell any country how and where to live.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
..How many of you agree with Hamas that Israel has no right to exist as a Jewish state and must be destroyed even at the expense of thousands of non-combatants on either side of the border?
I believe in a 2-state solution. I guess that means I do not agree with Israel or Hamas.

Just as an aside, Israel's very existence and ongoing illegal settlements and aggressions have already caused thousands of non-combatant deaths on both sides of the border.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
I believe in a 2-state solution. I guess that means I do not agree with Israel or Hamas.

Just as an aside, Israel's very existence and ongoing illegal settlements and aggressions have already caused thousands of non-combatant deaths on both sides of the border.
Do you think that's possible with a player like Hamas on the field - and by saying "Israel's very existence" are you blaming them for existing?

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Do you think that's possible with a player like Hamas on the field?
I don't think it's very likely with players like Hamas and Israel on the field. But, with international pressure, it could happen. If countries stop kowtowing to Israel it might happen.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I don't think it's very likely with players like Hamas and Israel on the field. But, with international pressure, it could happen. If countries stop kowtowing to Israel it might happen.
How about return the land seized during the 1967 war (even though the war was the result of Egyptian provocations) and allow Jordan and Egypt jurisdiction of that land? Would that fix it in your view?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
How about return the land seized during the 1967 war (even though the war was the result of Egyptian provocations) and allow Jordan and Egypt jurisdiction of that land? Would that fix it in your view?
Certainly they should return the land seized in 1967. I don't know enough about the history and the current situation to say who should have jursidiction. Or to say what else should be done. But Israel has been a brutal colonizer, and they have to stop that shit now.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Certainly they should return the land seized in 1967. I don't know enough about the history and the current situation to say who should have jursidiction. Or to say what else should be done. But Israel has been a brutal colonizer, and they have to stop that shit now.
Well, if they return the land then the Egypt returns to Egypt, and the West Bank to Jordan. Then "Palestinians" will be their problem.
....and, of course they would never ever again attack Israel for any reason.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, if they return the land then the Egypt returns to Egypt, and the West Bank to Jordan. Then "Palestinians" will be their problem.
....and, of course they would never ever again attack Israel for any reason.
Yeah. Well,I don't think making Palestinians someone else's problem is a humane solution to this barbaric bullshit.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Exactly - the only REAL solution is the total destruction of Israel - then peace will reign.

Your a dumbass, then their focus would move onto christians.

I think Israel will take out the trash for good, it may go to nukes.

What I'm waiting for is the jews to pivot in the west, the media moving from Whitey bad to muslims bad. The jews are already hammering academia by withdrawing alumni funding in the US. The top 24 US law firms boycotting Harvard law school graduates and 14 other top universities. They are firing Wokey gaza suck ups when they are exposed, and then theres the immigration issue they have been backing and funding.

As the anti-jew stuff has the same roots as the anti-european stuff I honestly cant see a bad side in this war barring the slaughter that is.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The only real solution, I believe, is a secular democracy in Gaza, Israel and the West Bank without Jewish supremacy over Muslims and Christians. I don't think extreme elements among the Jewish Israelis or Muslims will accept it.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Speaking as a white hetero male when the inter-sectionalists start killing each other its time to get out the popcorn.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
How is that in any way what I said? You sound like The Countess, claiming I approve of killing babies.
Well, my point being that since Israel isn't going to be driven into the sea as the lovely saying goes, and no progress can be made with Hamas on the field, wouldn't it be better if Hamas was obliterated? I linked an article recently that suggests the people of Gaza have had enough of them using the people as pawns and being self serving.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Pretty much see it the same. The quirky thing is tho, all Arab countries hate Israel first, then all Jews.A few even have nukes. 5.0 mindsets won’t fix it. An evolved 8.0 mindset might render some positive results. A larger war is more likely.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Pretty much see it the same. The quirky thing is tho, all Arab countries hate Israel first, then all Jews.A few even have nukes. 5.0 mindsets won’t fix it. An evolved 8.0 mindset might render some positive results. A larger war is more likely.
Sadly, when you are dealing with cultural and spiritual primitives like muslims all you get to is 1.0 or maybe 0.1 mindset.

PS: I think this is all not mysteriously tied in to another thread where the OP inquired of the readers - to the effect, what is the biggest problem in the world today. Almost all agree overpopulation was the biggest problem. What I wrote also was negative consequence of technological advancement due to lack of foresight/insight.
This includes what happens when you give primitive peoples technology which allows them to reduce mortality rates. No one should argue that that in itself is wrong, but the consequence is that they never adjust their attitudes toward reproduction and continue pumping out (essentially the men force the women) baby after baby and cause population pressure. What is also true is they have access to high tech arms - and so you see high rates of violence in these people also. You know, the phrase It's like giving a loaded gun to a monkey comes to mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
...and I should also add that this is what you get when you steal or covet other people's resources, and don't learn lessons from past mistakes - like fighting a war and fucking things up, then instead of pivoting away from dependence on those resources, yield to political pressure from greedy oil companies then get embroiled in conflict after conflict until 30+ years later you're involved in yet another ME crisis. 30+ years of the monkey waving the gun around and blasting away and no one willing to take it away. Really, it's more like 75 years, but just thinking back to 1991, our "leaders" didn't say, we got to get away from fossil fuel dependence and fast, and doooo something about it. Fucking assholes.

That's it - now I'm really steamed!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Sadly, when you are dealing with cultural and spiritual primitives like muslims all you get to is 1.0 or maybe 0.1 mindset.

PS: I think this is all not mysteriously tied in to another thread where the OP inquired of the readers - to the effect, what is the biggest problem in the world today. Almost all agree overpopulation was the biggest problem. What I wrote also was negative consequence of technological advancement due to lack of foresight/insight.
This includes what happens when you give primitive peoples technology which allows them to reduce mortality rates. No one should argue that that in itself is wrong, but the consequence is that they never adjust their attitudes toward reproduction and continue pumping out (essentially the men force the women) baby after baby and cause population pressure. What is also true is they have access to high tech arms - and so you see high rates of violence in these people also. You know, the phrase It's like giving a loaded gun to a monkey comes to mind.
OMG. Have you ever known any Muslims?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Many, dear - even worked for one who regarded me as a friend. You?
Yes. I am surprised you think you can make a blanket statement like that about Muslims. If they were all as you say, there would be many millions of people dead at their hands currently.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
...and I should also add that this is what you get when you steal or covet other people's resources, and don't learn lessons from past mistakes - like fighting a war and fucking things up, then instead of pivoting away from dependence on those resources, yield to political pressure from greedy oil companies then get embroiled in conflict after conflict until 30+ years later you're involved in yet another ME crisis. 30+ years of the monkey waving the gun around and blasting away and no one willing to take it away. Really, it's more like 75 years, but just thinking back to 1991, our "leaders" didn't say, we got to get away from fossil fuel dependence and fast, and doooo something about it. Fucking assholes.

That's it - now I'm really steamed!
You seem to be saying two opposing things in your post. Do you mean the US is the monkey who needs the gun taken away? I agree.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Yes. I am surprised you think you can make a blanket statement like that about Muslims. If they were all as you say, there would be many millions of people dead at their hands currently.
See that's just the point, miss. A general statement about common characteristics of a group is not a critique of each individual. Only a very black and white thinker would think so. Cultures have prominent feature/mores etc, which can not be applied w/o fail to each individual in it, and yet in describing the broader demographic they can be.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
See that's just the point, miss. A general statement about common characteristics of a group is not a critique of each individual. Only a very black and white thinker would think so. Cultures have prominent feature/mores etc, which can not be applied w/o fail to each individual in it, and yet in describing the broader demographic they can be.
A general comment about huge popultions of people is a cheap shot, and very immature. It's generally called "stereotyping" and is anti-intellectual as well as being heartless. Just saying, sweetie pie.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
You seem to be saying two opposing things in your post. Do you mean the US is the monkey who needs the gun taken away? I agree.
I was commenting on their kleptomania and lack of insight/foresight for sure. But the monkey/gun was referring to the outcome of that foolishness by giving high technology to people who are culturally in the stone age. You know how to read. You know what I wrote.

Thirdly - I can give you a few for instances re: the muslims I've known, an one would conclude that you can take the muslim out of the primitive culture, but you can't take the primitive culture (entirely) out of the muslim.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
A general comment about huge popultions of people is a cheap shot, and very immature. It's generally called "stereotyping" and is anti-intellectual as well as being heartless. Just saying, sweetie pie.
I'll remind you next time you say Americans this, or conservatives that etc.. And speaking of which why don't you ever take me to task when I say conservatards this or that? I do it all the time.
No, as I wrote, various groups of people have defining characteristics, which is what distinguishes one from the other.