Left wing racism failing as always.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Traditionally in the United States, it has been used by...

"It" being "affirmative action".

You did not define it. Or describe it.

Can you start by defining "affirmative action"? Or at least giving examples of "affirmative action", and what makes that example "affirmative action"?

Is this an example of "affirmative action"?

One spot is available in a university program. A white high school student with an average of 95% has applied. A black high school student with an average of 65% has applied. It is between these two students. The black guy is selected because he is black and it is assumed that he has had to struggle with systemic racism.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Can you start by defining "affirmative action"? Or at least giving examples of "affirmative action", and what makes that example "affirmative action"?

One spot is available in a university program. A white high school student with an average of 95% has applied. A black high school student with an average of 65% has applied. It is between these two students. The black guy is selected because he is black and it is assumed that he has had to struggle with systemic racism.

But if you read what wrote earlier:

"However I don't necessarily agree with that approach and I feel that there are other factors which should be considered as well."

If there's no net benefit to soceity, then I don't support it.
And I also feel that governments should be able to mandate where affirmative applicants can practice after they graduate.

but I believe I described it. However that doesn't necesarily I endorse it in its present form.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
That's just the way I see it. I did attend one of the medical school admissions seminars out of interest many years ago, and even back then the doctor said that they favor applicants if it addresses skill shortages in under served regions.

So if a white guy from some remote logging village said he would get the education to be a medical doctor and move back to the village and practice medicine, he was given preference? And is that an example of "affirmative action"?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

But if you read what wrote earlier:

"However I don't necessarily agree with that approach and I feel that there are other factors which should be considered as well."

If there's no net benefit to soceity, then I don't support it.
And I also feel that governments should be able to mandate where affirmative applicants can practice after they graduate.

but I believe I described it. However that doesn't necesarily I endorse it in its present form.
You did not address one question I asked.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That's just the way I see it. I did attend one of the medical school admissions seminars out of interest many years ago, and even back then the doctor said that they favor applicants if it addresses skill shortages in under served regions.

So if a white guy from some remote logging village said he would get the education to be a medical doctor and move back to the village and practice medicine, he was given preference? And is that an example of "affirmative action"?

If he got in with lower grades than another applicant who wanted to practice in the city, then I'd say yes. If you don't wanna call it 'affirmative action' then it sure as hell is a form of preferential treatment. Medical schools at least in my province do it if they can lure applicants regardless of race into practicing in remote regions after they graduate.

They have a shortage of doctors in the Northern or rural regions in my province.

That's why they opened a medical school in the North.

and they give preference to applicants from those underserved regions

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The lies and delusions are completely fucking out of control. It is peek cringe with the lying racist leftists. Just look at the delusional fantasies these racist lunatics have!

They are psychotic I swear :LOL3:

Where the fuck do they think ANYONE besides their stupid communists asses talk about slavery? No one goes up to black people in parks and talks about how they were slaves and whips them.

These people need to get in some heavy group therapy. They are so racist its comical.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
So if a white guy

If he got in with lower grades than another applicant who wanted to practice in the city, then I'd say yes.

Okay, so what Joe has been calling "affirmative action" is not what people consider affirmative action.

If you don't wanna call it 'affirmative action' then it sure as hell is a form of preferential treatment.

What I want to call it has no bearing on this, Joe. It is not what is understood to be affirmative action.

You even know this because you posted this:

Traditionally in the United States, it has been used by what its advocates feel addresses racial or gender inequalities due

Racial, yet you are calling it affirmative action when we are talking about a white guy.

Gender, yet you are calling it affirmative action when we are talking about a white guy.

it sure as hell is a form of preferential treatment

But not affirmative action. The problem is you did not say "preferential treatment". You said "affirmative action".

Medical schools at least in my province do it if they can lure applicants regardless of race into practicing in remote regions after they graduate.

"regardless of race"

Therefore, not affirmative action.

I saw the problem a while ago in this thread.

You were saying "affirmative action", so everybody thought you meant "affirmative action".

I think affirmative action could work

At that point, way back on Page 9, I thought everyone should know that you were redefining terms.

You tend to get into these ridiculous discussions where nobody is even talking about the same thing. If you are going to use terms like "affirmative action", you need to use it as understood by everyone else.

I do not know if I am getting through to you, Joe.

There is a reason some people do not make it past 1st year....

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
One of my sister's name is "Karen".

She went for a walk with my wife and me (and my dog) today. In the bush for a bit and around the neighbourhood.

I was so worried that she was going to admonish someone for jaywalking or something.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So if a white guy

If he got in with lower grades than another applicant who wanted to practice in the city, then I'd say yes.

Okay, so what Joe has been calling "affirmative action" is not what people consider affirmative action.

If you don't wanna call it 'affirmative action' then it sure as hell is a form of preferential treatment.

What I want to call it has no bearing on this, Joe. It is not what is understood to be affirmative action.

You even know this because you posted this:

Traditionally in the United States, it has been used by what its advocates feel addresses racial or gender inequalities due

Racial, yet you are calling it affirmative action when we are talking about a white guy.

Gender, yet you are calling it affirmative action when we are talking about a white guy.

it sure as hell is a form of preferential treatment

But not affirmative action. The problem is you did not say "preferential treatment". You said "affirmative action".

Medical schools at least in my province do it if they can lure applicants regardless of race into practicing in remote regions after they graduate.

"regardless of race"

Therefore, not affirmative action.

I saw the problem a while ago in this thread.

You were saying "affirmative action", so everybody thought you meant "affirmative action".

I think affirmative action could work

At that point, way back on Page 9, I thought everyone should know that you were redefining terms.

You tend to get into these ridiculous discussions where nobody is even talking about the same thing. If you are going to use terms like "affirmative action", you need to use it as understood by everyone else.

I do not know if I am getting through to you, Joe.

There is a reason some people do not make it past 1st year....

Hey...did I once state that I endorse Affirmative action in its entirty in its present form?

While I think some aspects of it could be beneficial to society, there are others which could be vastly improved as well.

And regardless of what you call it and who benefits from it, would you at least agree that admitting applicants into professinal schools such as medicine with lower grade point averages with the expectiaton that they will practice in remote areas, does constitute preferential treatment?

If you don't acknowledge that medical schools take this into consideration, then you're pretty dim.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Hahahaha!!!

Fuckin' Joe uses the term "affirmative action" so everyone thinks that is what he is talking about, but he is really talking about something else.

Talk about filling medical service needs in rural communities, Joe. Just do not call it affirmative action, you stooge.

If that is the discussion, then the solution is incentivizing doctors to work in those areas. Accepting sub-standard applicants into medical school is not a good solution because you will tend to get sub-standard doctors if the sub-standard students by some fluke actually graduate.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hahahaha!!!

Fuckin' Joe uses the term "affirmative action" so everyone thinks that is what he is talking about, but he is really talking about something else.

Talk about filling medical service needs in rural communities, Joe. Just do not call it affirmative action, you stooge.

If that is the discussion, then the solution is incentivizing doctors to work in those areas. Accepting sub-standard applicants into medical school is not a good solution because you will tend to get sub-standard doctors if the sub-standard students by some fluke actually graduate.

But you've failed to acknowledge that some medical schools do give preferential treatment to applicants who will fulfill manpower shortages. So if they are chosen over other applicants with higher grades, then this does constitute preferential treatment.

Yes, some White applicants get preferential treatment if they are from remote regions over those with higher grades.

And I think if such a measure fulfills a manpower shortage, most would agree that this is preferable to flying in a city doctor at high cost who does not live in those communities.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
As for affirmative action, professional schools in Canada do admit Native Applicants thru affirmative action.

Whether one agrees with this measure or not it does occur.

So we have it in Canada as well.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
But you've failed to acknowledge that some medical schools do give preferential treatment to applicants who will fulfill manpower shortages. So if they are chosen over other applicants with higher grades, then this does constitute preferential treatment.

Yes, some White applicants get preferential treatment if they are from remote regions over those with higher grades.

And I think if such a measure fulfills a manpower shortage, most would agree that this is preferable to flying in a city doctor at high cost who does not live in those communities.

Thick as a brick.

Hahahaha!!!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Thick as a brick.

Hahahaha!!!

But your under the false impression that I wholeheartedly support or endorse affirmative action as it is applied in the United States.

I don't.

I see the limitations and flaws of selecting someone purely on the basis of race.

While race could be a factor in selecting applicants I'm more in favor of choosing them on economic need & if it will address labor shortages in a region.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I climbed Mt. Whitney four times.

Yes I know.

Carrying on with a dolt like @The Prowler is like going in an infinite loop.

It goes nowhere & is an exercise in futility.
But unlike a line of code he can't be fixed.

This will fix your problem, Joe:

while (balance <= target)

Also, this is probably a little more efficient:

balance = balance * (1 + rate);

not because the calculation will be quicker, but because there is no need to allocate and de-allocate memory for the double floating point variable.

If you wanted to use the "interest" variable to include in the output, or even just so your code is a little more self-explanatory, then I would define the variable before the loop.

This is another example of something that is not "affirmative action".

Hahahahahaha!!!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
P
I climbed Mt. Whitney four times.

Yes I know.

Carrying on with a dolt like @The Prowler is like going in an infinite loop.

It goes nowhere & is an exercise in futility.
But unlike a line of code he can't be fixed.

This will fix your problem, Joe:

while (balance <= target)

Also, this is probably a little more efficient:

balance = balance * (1 + rate);

not because the calculation will be quicker, but because there is no need to allocate and de-allocate memory for the double floating point variable.

If you wanted to use the "interest" variable to include in the output, or even just so your code is a little more self-explanatory, then I would define the variable before the loop.

This is another example of something that is not "affirmative action".

Hahahahahaha!!!

I have never endorsed affirmative action as it exists in its present form in the United States. I don't think that race should be the only factor when considering applications to professional schools.

Yes I already briefly summarized Affirmative Action for you several posts back.

And I think it seems to bother you that some applicants who are White may get preferential treatment in medical school admissions based upon where they live in order to address regional shortages of Physicians. Yes it does happen in places such as Northern British Columbia where they don't have enough doctors. Stands to reason if a northern University admits/trains someone and then they move out & go somewhere else because they don't wanna live there after graduation.

GPA is only one criteria to be considered for acceptance to such programs. Regional applicants get preference over those who have no interest in committing there long time.

Affirmative Action does exist for Native Applicants to professional schools in Canada.

Last edited: