Murdock's home renovations...DIY awesomeness

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
No ghettos white or black within 50 miles of my 6 bedroom mansion with Olympic size swimming pool and 8 person hot tub

I’d still choose a few straggler panhandling homeless at the tourist hot spots over the smoldering STANK of Florida white trash in the 11th degree of hell any day of the week…

But this thread isn’t about YOU or Florida.

It’s about my 100% renovation of my 1940s Santa Monica beach bungalow where my grandparents raised their 5 boys.. one of which was my father.

I cried when I had to sand and paint over the pencil in your height and name wall *tears*
Um... there's quite a bit more than a "few straggler panhandlers" in your neck of the woods dear

and this smoldering 'white trash' you speak of? Also non-existent within 50 miles of me.

And it's a comfortable 68 degrees by me right now

thank you

Because it’s spring. Get back to me when you’re sweating like a slave in a Mississippi cotton filed this July.

BTW ~ I walk every night 6 miles through my neighborhood unarmed and alone in a group of trophy house wives. I’m just south of the pacific palisades… so you’re talking Sunset Boulevard from the beach through Brentwood. I pass Marilyn Monroe’s house where she died on my walk every night. Please show me where homeless are in THIS area?

Don’t worry… I’ll wait….

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Because it’s spring. Get back to me when you’re sweating like a slave in a Mississippi cotton filed this July.
There's this really cool modern marvel called Air Conditioning

cool, yeah, i know.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Pretty funny to see Murdock bitch about this thread being derailed, while she has offered nothing that is on-topic.

Is this house in some kind of decrepit state because of generations of neglect? Have you thought about leveling it and building something a little more modern? Wartime houses are not usually all that desirable.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Pretty funny to see Murdock bitch about this thread being derailed, while she has offered nothing that is on-topic.

Is this house in some kind of decrepit state because of generations of neglect? Have you thought about leveling it and building something a little more modern? Wartime houses are not usually all that desirable.

You seem a tad envious @The Prowler.

Cripes where @Murdock lives, her driveway is worth more than yer entire home Prowler.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Liar @Joe is proof that an expensive house is not enough to make someone happy as he spends most nights in his $10 million house raging on his keyboard.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Does anyone else find it ironic that homeless/nomads who have the ability to live anywhere…

Won’t live anywhere where these fucks live? Bwa hahahaha
Not really. People with common sense realize that if you don’t cater to them they won’t come

I’m sure the horrifying reality of a brutal summer on the scorching equator has the most to do with their decision.

Unless you’re pumping $300+ into central air… I’m sure you could die being exposed to those elements without proper shelter.

But who in their right mind would pick THAT over 70 degrees and sunny everyday of the year?
People who don’t like the smell of human feces at their doorstep?

Id guess you re used to it.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Does anyone else find it ironic that homeless/nomads who have the ability to live anywhere…

Not so. Illinois has plenty of bums. Not as many as California and Hawaii though. I find it ironic you act like its a gold star for your hovel.
Are you insane, because you sound very insane?

He isn’t insane… he is just brain dead from getting in his parked car on a 120 degree day with 80% humidity
Palm Springs is about like that with all the irrigation these days. Congrats on making the desert worse than the midwest!

It’s dry heat and it’s also a 2 hour drive from the ocean.

Making the desert worse than the mid west? You realize my grandparents owned a vacation house out there before it was trendy and Lucy and Desi bought out there, right?

Just admit it that you hate me because I’m the filthy rich aerospace heiress lol

Haters gonna hate BWA!
Look bimbo, I lived there from about the time I was 3 until we moved back to the midwest when I was in the 4th grade. I still visited every year until I was out of high school. It USED to be a dry heat but all the irrigation has raised the humidity.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Not so. Illinois has plenty of bums. Not as many as California and Hawaii though. I find it ironic you act like its a gold star for your hovel.

Are there a Lotta bums in Hawaii too ....@Lokmar? !
Yep.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
No ghettos white or black within 50 miles of my 6 bedroom mansion with Olympic size swimming pool and 8 person hot tub
My sister in law and her husband used to live in Hudson and Clearwater before that. Every area I went in between was decent. Nothing like when I took my family through Compton and passed all the bum encampments everywhere from Hollywood to LAX. I dont think I ever saw a bum sleeping in a business doorway in Florida, period. Its very common in Cali tho!!!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Someone did that in a gas station, stole a good wad of money before they found out

One of the many things I love about being out in the boonies in a small town. Shit like that just does not happen.
until it does.

You should see the ghettos on that side of the country….

They make the movie boys in the hood look like grown ups.
I have met blue eyed blond anglo-saxon looking people outside of Memphis Tenn. that were/are almost feral, While I was there with the Navy in the late 70's that might look like you or me, if they were cleaned up or something, but they were sharecroppers, yes Sharecroppers, "Sharecroppers" is political correctness run amok for Slavery, this small group that me and my 'Shipmates' ra into a couple times on night's from School off drinking and playing music and hollering at the moon, this "clan" Would pop in on us once in a while, it was eye a both amazing and almost repulsing experience.
Last time I was in Memphis in 2008, after 6pm, you couldnt hardly find a white person anywhere. There were 7 murders within 2 miles of the holiday inn. Bars on every business window and cigarette sales were mostly singles.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I’d still choose a few straggler panhandling homeless at the tourist hot spots ...
First, there are 10's of thousands of bums, second, they're all over the place, even at many of the beaches. I've seen em first hand.

Just look at a review of Santa Monica:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
Someone did that in a gas station, stole a good wad of money before they found out

One of the many things I love about being out in the boonies in a small town. Shit like that just does not happen.
until it does.

I have met blue eyed blond anglo-saxon looking people outside of Memphis Tenn. that were/are almost feral, While I was there with the Navy in the late 70's that might look like you or me, if they were cleaned up or something, but they were sharecroppers, yes Sharecroppers, "Sharecroppers" is political correctness run amok for Slavery, this small group that me and my 'Shipmates' ra into a couple times on night's from School off drinking and playing music and hollering at the moon, this "clan" Would pop in on us once in a while, it was eye a both amazing and almost repulsing experience.
Last time I was in Memphis in 2008, after 6pm, you couldnt hardly find a white person anywhere. There were 7 murders within 2 miles of the holiday inn. Bars on every business window and cigarette sales were mostly singles.
I wonder if any White person has ever bought a single cig...if I were that broke I would stop smoking.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

until it does.

I wonder if any White person has ever bought a single cig...if I were that broke I would stop smoking.

You can’t smoke publicly where I live. The banned it via city ordinance in 2006.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

I’d still choose a few strangler panhandling homeless at the tourist hot spots over Florida white on trash smoldering stank in the 11th degree of hell any day of the week…

It’s about my 100% renovation of my 1940s Santa Monica beach bungalow where my grandparents raised their 5 boys.. one of which was my father.

I cried when I had to sand and paint over the pencil in your height and name wall *tears*
Murdock, I apologize for being part of the silly argy bargy on your nice thread, maybe someone could take out all the snarky bits, and let it return to it's OP.

It’s all good. You didn’t come to this thread seeking trouble like the rest of the hijackers with a motive fueled by their inferiority complex.

However, their point is moot. The local beach dwellers refuse to move and for good reason… they will never win this argument with me. I’ve also lived in a red state. The locals were all curmudgeons angry at poverty. Do you see a pattern? EL OH EL

People want to be rich because they want the freedom to do whatever they want. Except in a wealthy family, you are never free. There are expectations placed upon you during childhood that none of these freelance yahoos will ever comprehend.

until it does.

You can’t smoke publicly where I live. The banned it via city ordinance in 2006.
Really, like no place? Oregon only requires smokers to be a minimum 10 feet from the door to a public place.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

until it does.

I've done it. 50 cents for a single? Yep lol.

I sold a lot of single cigs illegally in FL when I was working at my then boyfriends dads convenience store. It was in a "ghetto" area and people would come in for single cigs all the time.

And crack paraphernalia. They would ask for a "pen and bristle" and I swear I thought they were asking for peanut brittle lol. Or a glass rose and chore boy.

The owner(boyfriends dad) didnt care about selling it to them. So we did.

We had people who used to just sit out there in the parking lot all day pan handling and coming in for 22 oz beers for a 1.50 and single cigs everytime they got two bucks.

What a life, eh? They all had some interesting stories.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

I’d still choose a few strangler panhandling homeless at the tourist hot spots over Florida white on trash smoldering stank in the 11th degree of hell any day of the week…

Murdock, I apologize for being part of the silly argy bargy on your nice thread, maybe someone could take out all the snarky bits, and let it return to it's OP.

It’s all good. You didn’t come to this thread seeking trouble like the rest of the hijackers with a motive fueled by their inferiority complex.

However, their point is moot. The local beach dwellers refuse to move and for good reason… they will never win this argument with me. I’ve also lived in a red state. The locals were all curmudgeons angry at poverty. Do you see a pattern? EL OH EL

People want to be rich because they want the freedom to do whatever they want. Except in a wealthy family, you are never free. There are expectations placed upon you during childhood that none of these freelance yahoos will ever comprehend.

until it does.

Really, like no place? Oregon only requires smokers to be a minimum 10 feet from the door to a public place.

They don’t want you in public areas. Not so say that you can sneak off somewhere and have one… you just don’t want to be around people while you do it because they will bitch you out.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

until it does.

They don’t want you in public areas. Not so say that you can sneak off somewhere and have one… you just don’t want to be around people while you do it because they will bitch you out.
The 10 feet really isn't enough, depending on wind etc

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

until it does.

Damn, now that's a reason to defund the police...

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

until it does.

We have busses here… because the person in charge of transportation in the 1970s was also the VP of General Motors and decided that was better than our underground metro that is still there from the 1920s.

I don’t understand how people can complain about cigs when we have these HUGE busses blowing emissions into the atmosphere daily.

Honestly, I pray for a utopian society with electric cars on auto pilot. This city would be much easier to tolerate if they did this.

But I remain in my little bubble of peace and tranquility. My neighbors are friendly and I love the beach. Life is good =]

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

until it does.

We have busses here… because the person in charge of transportation in the 1970s was also the VP of General Motors and decided that was better than our underground metro that is still there from the 1920s.

I don’t understand how people can complain about cigs when we have these HUGE busses blowing emissions into the atmosphere daily.

Honestly, I pray for a utopian society with electric cars on auto pilot. This city would be much easier to tolerate if they did this.

But I remain in my little bubble of peace and tranquility. My neighbors are friendly and I love the beach. Life is good =]
If someone ever has doubts about engine exhaust, try riding a bike aggressively alongside a hwy or road that carries big trucks, your lungs are gulping in air and then you get hit in the face with the exhaust fumes and you suck up chest full of it, it's the same for Joggers too. Very nasty.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

until it does.

I sold a lot of single cigs illegally in FL when I was working at my then boyfriends dads convenience store. It was in a "ghetto" area and people would come in for single cigs all the time.

And crack paraphernalia. They would ask for a "pen and bristle" and I swear I thought they were asking for peanut brittle lol. Or a glass rose and chore boy.

We had people who used to just sit out there in the parking lot all day pan hndling and coming in for 22 oz beers for a 1.50 and single cigs everytime they got two bucks.

Cigarettes used to be $1 a pack back in the 1970s.

It was fun but I saw it as a fad, not a habit.

I quit sometime in the 80s.

Now it's a luxury.

People pay as much for 1 cigarette as they used to pay for a pack

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

until it does.

We had people who used to just sit out there in the parking lot all day pan hndling and coming in for 22 oz beers for a 1.50 and single cigs everytime they got two bucks.

Cigarettes used to be $1 a pack back in the 1970s.

It was fun but I saw it as a fad, not a habit.

I quit sometime in the 80s.

Now it's a luxury.

People pay as much for 1 cigarette as they used to pay for a pack

I quit a few years ago and I'm SO thankful I did. It's a ridiculous waste of money.

My mother still smokes, even with her lung issues. She just refuses to stop.