Posting about my little womb nugget

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Because I'm super proud of her.

So back in December I had mentioned that Squish had cracked one of her back teeth and it was hurting her. So we went to the dentist where (since we moved far away from all our regular pediatric doctors and dentists) they gave me a referral for an oral surgeon.

And when I called to make the appointment, they had absolutely no appointments for new patients until April. And then they canceled on me the day before her app. So we actually ended up contacting an oral surgeon my husband is friends with at work. And he is AWESOME.

He got her xrays and decided he was going to go ahead and pull the tooth. She actually had cracked two (the first dentist said it was just the one. So they missed it somehow). Her two top back molars. And today we took her early in the morning.

She does not do great with any doctors right now. So if the surgeon was unable to pull them in the office, we were gonna have to schedule the OR so they could sedate her and do it.

She was really brave.....up until she sat in the chair. Then she got really quiet and was holding onto me. But the assistant was so good with her. She started to panick and fight a bit when we put the nitrous mask on her. It was a cute pink mask and made the gas smell like strawberries lol. But I held her head and coached her to just take deep breaths.....and she calmed right down.

She got 8 pokes with the numbing needle and didnt even know she was getting shots. And he had those teeth out SO fast. When the mask came off she asked why everything was like a cartoon lol.

She got to pick a lot of little toys AND she got to keep the teeth. They got broke more on the way out but shes got them in a little case.

Shes been spoiled today with ice cream(for swelling) and she explained to grandma that she cant suck anything right now because she will pop the clot off lol.

Here is the one. Its gross and it broke and has dried Squish blood on it....but she is super proud of it :D

20220419-181731.jpg

I was SO worried we were gonna have to take her to the OR and sedate her and I am SO glad we didnt have to. That first dentist I took her to when it first broke was horrible. They wouldnt let me and her sister in the room, we had to stand in the hallway and watch them fight her on that xray bite plate thing. I mean it hurt and those bite things are uncomfortable even for adults. They were awful with her. We were talking to her from the hallway trying to calm her down and they were saying shit "kids smaller than you do it". I was so fucking aggravated with them.

THIS guy was so much better and since he is friends with my husband we got a really good discount. We only paid half for the removal and the silly gas was free. She did awesome!

Anyway I'm SO glad this is over. Now she just has to get a spacer and her adult teeth should pop out hopefully over the next year. He said they might come down faster because the babies were removed.

Btw watching a 5 year old talk and laugh with half her face numb is pretty hilarious.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Why do you call your child "Squish" @Dove?

Because she was born 6 pounds 10 ounces but packed on the fat rolls with an impressive speed. She was a chonker of a baby. I must have had fatty breast milk because she was exclusively breastfed and was chunky chunky. Her rolls had rolls.

She was like a little blonde and grey eyed ogre of a toddler too. But shes gotten pretty petite as she grew into a child out of the tot stage. Her cheeks still have some chub and dimples but shes not at all chunky anymore.

So we all called her Squishy....and now it's just Squish. Yep we all still call her Squish lol.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Because she was born 6 pounds 10 ounces but packed on the fat rolls with an impressive speed. She was a chonker of a baby. I must have had fatty breast milk because she was exclusively breastfed and was chunky chunky. Her rolls had rolls.

She was like a little blonde and grey eyed ogre of a toddler too. But shes gotten pretty petite as she grew into a child out of the tot stage. Her cheeks still have some chub and dimples but shes not at all chunky anymore.

So we all called her Squishy....and now it's just Squish. Yep we all still call her Squish lol.

So I gather she is 'The Apple of your Eye'.

th

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

They all are, really. I have a large gap between my big girls and the baby sister.

My oldest is 18, my middle is 16 and my youngest is 5 lol.

I died when my paperwork at the OB/midwife said "advanced maternal age" lol.

I had my first baby at 22 back in 2003. 7/24/03. And then my last baby I had at 35 on 7/22/2016. So.....I had my last baby two days before my first babies birthday. They came close to sharing a birthday.....which my oldest wanted SO bad lol.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

They all are, really. I have a large gap between my big girls and the baby sister.

That's way too many kids.

I don't think I'd survive past 2.

Even that's way too many.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's funny. You don't have any kids, do you?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

No.

They are kinda like pringles.

And you kinda need the other ones to entertain the first one :D

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

You need to go have a look at Joe’s anti-kid rants at VF. It’ll tell you everything you need to know about Joe.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

You need to go have a look at Joe’s anti-kid rants at VF. It’ll tell you everything you need to know about Joe.

I can imagine. You can tell by his view of abortion and birth control.

Most people who have stayed childless kinda have a not so friendly view of kids.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

Most people who have stayed childless kinda have a not so friendly view of kids.

This is one of MANY threads lol

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Actually I was very good with Kids.

Both when I was a childcare worker & a limo driver. They saw me as some kinda pal. Easygoing & I didn't get in their way.

But those are not the appropriate qualities to be a parent @Dove & @The Countess. Given this reality I'd make a shitty parent. I'm too loose & have no discipline. Truth be known I was every parents/childcare workers' nightmare. I also got into trouble as a limo driver cuz I'd let them drink in the vehicle. Stuff I let them get away with drove parents nuts.

You guys & @Lokmar strike me as being ideal parent material. Tough and with a bit of an edge. Perhaps a bit unyielding and stubborn too.

KIDS don't need a Pal. They need a cop eh.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Both when I was a childcare worker & a limo driver. They saw me as some kinda pal. Easygoing & I didn't get in their way.

But those are not the appropriate qualities to be a parent @Dove & @The Countess. Given this reality I'd make a shitty parent. I'm too loose & have no discipline. Truth be known I was every parents/childcare workers' nightmare. I also got into trouble as a limo driver cuz I'd let them drink in the vehicle. Stuff I let them get away with drove parents nuts.

You guys & @Lokmar strike me as being ideal parent material. Tough and with a bit of an edge. Perhaps a bit unyielding and stubborn too.

Kids need a parent. Not really a cop or a pal.

It's always completely different when it's your own kids.

The goal is to raise the kind of adults you would want to be friends with.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

This is one of MANY threads lol

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I ve been banned temporarily from that forum because I voiced my opposition to the Ukraine War. Eves/Irina supports eg @The Countess. That didn't go over too well with her.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Sad that friend of yours doesnt form a good relationship with his child and is choosing to be resentful over his own choices.

I would much rather have my family than whatever extra money I would have if I didnt have them.

He probably should have gotten a vasectomy before having sex if he wanted to live solely for himself all his life.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That VF/memebee owner. She's very opinionated. I think if you signed up there you d be at loggerheads with her much of the time. it's Blurt's main hangout eh. It's a very cliquey forum

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

That VF/memebee owner. She's very opinionated. I think if you signed up there you d be at loggerheads with her much of the time. it's Blurt's main hangout eh. It's a very cliquey forum

Evs is very cool with me. Mimi is the one who acts stupid.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I dont really have the energy to post at more than one forum.

I've lurked. That's about it.