Re-thinking my spending due to economy

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I am in a waiting line at two car dealerships to factory order a new Corvette Stingray. I was planning to sell my Camaro Z28 and my Triumph Street Triple R to make room in the garage and trim down on my pleasure vehicles.

But with my investments losing over $60ZK in just the last month and a half, I am having second thoughts. I was planning to liquidate some equities to pay for the C8 (8th generation Corvette), but that is not going to happen with the low stock prices. I am in solid stocks with excellent fundamentals and their price dips are not really justified.

In addition to this, I love the manual 6-speed transmission in my X28. You cannot get a new Corvette with a manual gearbox. So I know I would miss that aspect of driving.

And I also would miss the rides on my motorcycle.

So I am now considering holding off on buying the C8.

Decisions, decisions....

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
same here, i was buying a lot of things i dont need, aka 'impulse purchases'

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I only spend extra monies on my vehicle and gear in it. Everything else can burn for all I care.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am in a waiting line at two car dealerships to factory order a new Corvette Stingray. I was planning to sell my Camaro Z28 and my Triumph Street Triple R to make room in the garage and trim down on my pleasure vehicles.

But with my investments losing over $60ZK in just the last month and a half, I am having second thoughts. I was planning to liquidate some equities to pay for the C8 (8th generation Corvette), but that is not going to happen with the low stock prices. I am in solid stocks with excellent fundamentals and their price dips are not really justified.

In addition to this, I love the manual 6-speed transmission in my X28. You cannot get a new Corvette with a manual gearbox. So I know I would miss that aspect of driving.

And I also would miss the rides on my motorcycle.

So I am now considering holding off on buying the C8.

Decisions, decisions....
You could always get a ZL1.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Yeah...that would be about $85K with tax....about $20K in savings...I have not really looked at it much...the 6-speed manual would be a big plus...the hp is huge....I did want to try a mid-engine car, though....hmmm...

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yeah...that would be about $85K with tax....about $20K in savings...I have not really looked at it much...the 6-speed manual would be a big plus...the hp is huge....I did want to try a mid-engine car, though....hmmm...
I read a review that said the 10 speed auto feels like it adds 100hp to the car compared to the 6 speed manual.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I think everyone is being forced to rethink their spending habits

well, everyone besides the elite who help promote the failing policies that caused this mess to begin with

Yeah we definately are.

My 5 year old refuses to eat the cheaper white eggs. She likes the brown/peach eggs. I know that sounds like a dumb little thing and it totally is BUT trying to switch to alternatives that are just as good imo but a bit cheaper is what I've been working on.

The eggs I've always usually gotten....you know the brown/peach cage free eggs in the biodegradable cartons have really gone up to like 2.70 something. And the regular eggs have gone from 89 cents to 2 bucks. I have to stick to the brown ones because my daughters turn their noses up to the white ones lol.

Just little shit like that. I'm thinking about buying this indoor/outdoor produce growing tower thing to cut money off the grocery bill
.....we go through SO much produce. So much. It's all of us and guinea pigs and rabbit.

I canceled some subscriptions.

We actually make stuff and sell it. I've been wondering if that's any expense I should cut OR if I should open an Etsy Shop or something and start doing MORE of it. Its more so just stuff to do for fun because we like making stuff.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I can see political speeches in a few years

Beyoncé steps in for the state of the union

"Almighty Goddess Beyoncé, why is it that everyone is starving and living in misery, except for you guys?

"Oh my poor child, I feel extremely benevolent and open today, so I shall give you the answer you want instead of executing you for being a nosy whiner. Well, remember how the world was dying, you know, the ice was melting and uh, there was garbage on the beaches where we went with our yachts and uh, trees in the Amazon were being cut for cattle, you know, all that stuff. So we had to control y'all. Save the planet, ya know, it worked, planet's here and you're here, right?"

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
The last purchase I made in this mess was paid for in cash and is my 2018 Ford Explorer Sport. I refuse to purchase anything made during this pandemic. She is a gas guzzling HOG that I’ve named Dora for obvious reason lol

But she will get me out of town in a pinch… I still have my caddy and he has 5 other V8s. I think we are good until the apocalypse.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

well, everyone besides the elite who help promote the failing policies that caused this mess to begin with

Yeah we definately are.

My 5 year old refuses to eat the cheaper white eggs. She likes the brown/peach eggs. I know that sounds like a dumb little thing and it totally is BUT trying to switch to alternatives that are just as good imo but a bit cheaper is what I've been working on.

The eggs I've always usually gotten....you know the brown/peach cage free eggs in the biodegradable cartons have really gone up to like 2.70 something. And the regular eggs have gone from 89 cents to 2 bucks. I have to stick to the brown ones because my daughters turn their noses up to the white ones lol.

Just little shit like that. I'm thinking about buying this indoor/outdoor produce growing tower thing to cut money off the grocery bill
.....we go through SO much produce. So much. It's all of us and guinea pigs and rabbit.

We actually make stuff and sell it. I've been wondering if that's any expense I should cut OR if I should open an Etsy Shop or something and start doing MORE of it. Its more so just stuff to do for fun because we like making stuff.

I find I can eat on $5-10 a day if I have to.

Get some fish, rice, vegetable.

Eat a $3 sandwich from the deli for breakfast.

Doesn't take too much for 1 person ta eat well.

Guy can do it on $250-300 a month. Average $10 a day or less.

I jus eat 2 meals a day and a snack.

so that's what - 2.5 meals a day?

Can be done, eh.

Last edited:

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
The last purchase I made in this mess was paid for in cash and is my 2018 Ford Explorer Sport. I refuse to purchase anything made during this pandemic. She is a gas guzzling HOG that I’ve named Dora for obvious reason lol

But she will get me out of town in a pinch… I still have my caddy and he has 5 other V8s. I think we are good until the apocalypse.

I like the new Bronco’s.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Guy can do it on $25-300 a month. Average $10 a day or less.

I sus eat 2 meals a day and a snack.

Can be done, eh.

Kids need to eat more than old men, though.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yeah we definately are.

Can be done, eh.

Well thankfully we are not struggling to eat BUT prices have gone up and we are rebuilding this trailor, so I really hate feeling like we are just bleeding money. So I'm just trying to lower our living expenses as much as possible for when this gets worse.

I've been pretty dirt poor in my life. I was a single mom and dirt poor.....so I definately know how to do a lot with very little. And I stay pretty stocked on "poverty food" (like nonperishable dried beans and healthy and low cost food that wont spoil fast)

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

This is the only Ford Explorer model I ever drove @Murdock

2801500581_eef89ef9d6_b.jpg

32' long. 15 passenger.

Interesting experience. 8-10 mi/gal

Suprisingly I still see them on the road in Vancouver. The handle smoothly & take corners well. Especially on the highway.

I think the reason they're still in demand is the need for social distancing now because of the pandemic.

They probably don't pack as many people in the back anymore for health reasons.

I rarely see the smaller stretch town 10 passenger cars anymore.

TorontoLimoRentals-Reshoot-Dec2-2018-14.jpg

They're probably too scrunched in the back. People want space & social distancing now.

Spacially compromised vehicles dont seem to be that much in demand anymore.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yeah we definately are.

Can be done, eh.

Well thankfully we are not struggling to eat BUT prices have gone up and we are rebuilding this trailor, so I really hate feeling like we are just bleeding money. So I'm just trying to lower our living expenses as much as possible for when this gets worse.

I've been pretty dirt poor in my life. I was a single mom and dirt poor.....so I definately know how to do a lot with very little. And I stay pretty stocked on "poverty food" (like nonperishable dried beans and healthy and low cost food that wont spoil fast)

It is definitely going to get worse. We have an oil shock, high inflation due to Biden and the feds printing $12 trillion, and we have a global food shortage which none of the politicians have done anything about.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yeah we definately are.

Can be done, eh.

It is definitely going to get worse. We have an oil shock, high inflation due to Biden and the feds printing $12 trillion, and we have a global food shortage which none of the politicians have done anything about.

And yet, I don't think a Republican can fix the problem overnight either.

If they get in, the next Republican will probably be someone like a mid 1970s Gerald Ford - a crippled President because of the economic conditions they will inherit.

If another president was truly serious about cleaning up the fiscal mess, the economic pain would be very deep with massive cutbacks, high unemployment & a prolonged recession.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I have to stick to the brown ones because my daughters turn their noses up to the white ones lol.

Very progressive.

I honestly cant even tell the difference after its cooked. My 5 year old KNOWS when her eggs were not brown or peachy lol.
Look at the yolks. The yolks are darker on the brown or farm raised eggs.

Oh I know that. I meant once they are cooked and you are eating them....I really cant tell the difference once its cooked.

And Squish likes her eggs scrambled with....ketchup all in it. Which i find disgusting. Her dad does that and she prefers that. Definately she gets that from him. Her typical favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs with ketchup, a mix of blue berries, raspberries and strawberries and cucumber. Weird isnt it?

So I have NO clue how she takes one bite and KNOWS they are not the brown eggs she prefers. I cant even be mad about it.....its impressive lol.

If I get eggs brought to me and I take a bite....I could never tell you what color the shells were lol.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Caged battery farm eggs taste the best.
Spreading false information that contributes the sabotage of good scrambled eggs to awful scrambled eggs is a Federal offence Sir, I need you to get your US passport out, seen three in the back , they all yours? Explain the Venezuelan one we have a major problem of cheap, nasty and hella bad battery hen eggs coming from, you guessed it VENEZUELA! Dispatch This is a code BiG Yolk I think we got the main man who's responsible for bad scrambled eggs everywhere East of California! Why have you got four passports sir? You in real trouble now boy get in the back or I'll blow your brains all over the place, GET IN! haha type it to amuse myself might as well post it :Happy5: :facepalm:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Spreading false information that contributes the sabotage of good scrambled eggs to awful scrambled eggs is a Federal offence Sir, I need you to get your US passport out, seen three in the back , they all yours? Explain the Venezuelan one we have a major problem of cheap, nasty and hella bad battery hen eggs coming from, you guessed it VENEZUELA! Dispatch This is a code BiG Yolk I think we got the main man who's responsible for bad scrambled eggs everywhere East of California! haha type it to amuse myself might as well post it :Happy5: :facepalm:

The way my daughters like eggs is when I scramble them with cream and use a lot of butter. I used to put hot sauce in it for my oldest. Still do on occasion when she asks for it.

I know it's pretty fatty how I do it but we are all a healthy weight :D

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Spreading false information that contributes the sabotage of good scrambled eggs to awful scrambled eggs is a Federal offence Sir, I need you to get your US passport out, seen three in the back , they all yours? Explain the Venezuelan one we have a major problem of cheap, nasty and hella bad battery hen eggs coming from, you guessed it VENEZUELA! Dispatch This is a code BiG Yolk I think we got the main man who's responsible for bad scrambled eggs everywhere East of California! haha type it to amuse myself might as well post it :Happy5: :facepalm:

The way my daughters like eggs is when I scramble them with cream and use a lot of butter. I used to put hot sauce in it for my oldest. Still do on occasion when she asks for it.

I know it's pretty fatty how I do it but we are all a healthy weight :D
Listen, scrambled eggs HAVE to have loads of butter in them, comfort food to be had on Sunday mornings or anytime at all if you're at my house lol We don't use cream though like the only thing we really buy cream for is pouring over berries but I've noticed a trend where people are buying cream for their coffee at home, lol that was never a thing in all my years growing up with my mum and my grandparents, never seen that at all... See for a wee change I made wee really thin omelettes out of my wet scrambled eggs with a wee bit of spring onion and just threw a line of grated cheddar on it and snorted it man haha naw rolled it up put it between two slices of toast, honestly see watching Japanese or Korean food channels on YT, see the little ideas that you get for the simplest things, ano what I just had wasn't really adventurous or anything but it's the different ideas for everyday foods that I find myself wanting to try out like buying cream for coffee hahahaha!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Spreading false information that contributes the sabotage of good scrambled eggs to awful scrambled eggs is a Federal offence Sir, I need you to get your US passport out, seen three in the back , they all yours? Explain the Venezuelan one we have a major problem of cheap, nasty and hella bad battery hen eggs coming from, you guessed it VENEZUELA! Dispatch This is a code BiG Yolk I think we got the main man who's responsible for bad scrambled eggs everywhere East of California! Why have you got four passports sir? You in real trouble now boy get in the back or I'll blow your brains all over the place, GET IN! haha type it to amuse myself might as well post it :Happy5: :facepalm:

Caged chickens produce eggs with fear, panic, and self loathing which is delightful tasting from dinosaur cousins....

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yeah we definately are.

Can be done, eh.

If they get in, the next Republican will probably be someone like a mid 1970s Gerald Ford - a crippled President because of the economic conditions they will inherit.

If another president was truly serious about cleaning up the fiscal mess, the economic pain would be very deep with massive cutbacks, high unemployment & a prolonged recession.

I agree. What needs to happen is to radically cut the national budget to balance the budget. We need to raise interest rates and radically deregulated yet also radically enforce anti-trust laws to break up low competition sectors of the economy. We need to focus on increasing productivity and expanding the real economy in things like mining, manufacturing, and agriculture. We are going to need to tax the rich but it will not be enough, not even close, so big cuts in the budget will be needed and the crap special interest give aways have to stop. Government must become dramatically more efficient.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yeah we definately are.

Can be done, eh.

I agree. What needs to happen is to radically cut the national budget to balance the budget. We need to raise interest rates and radically deregulated yet also radically enforce anti-trust laws to break up low competition sectors of the economy. We need to focus on increasing productivity and expanding the real economy in things like mining, manufacturing, and agriculture. We are going to need to tax the rich but it will not be enough, not even close, so big cuts in the budget will be needed and the crap special interest give aways have to stop. Government must become dramatically more efficient.

....raise interest rates?

Would ya be prepared fer double digit rates & extraordinarily high borrowing costs @Oerdin?

That's what it was like in the 70's.

Paul Volkler chairman of the us fed really jacked the rates up. I think the return back then on Savings bonds and Treasury bill was high.

Oil shot up to $100 a barrel then collapsed to $8 in the 80s along with the world economy. The resource rich nations went bust.

Co7ntries like Canada were heavily in debt so they had to offer these really high interest rates to get investors to buy their bonds and support their debt. And the economic pain was really deep after the spending binge of the 1970s. We had 11-12% unemployment nationally. It was hard ta get a job in the 80s.

Was a good time to leave the country which many did while it recovered.

Canada didn't recover economically for almost 20 years. The US fared better but it's recovery was marked by huge national disparities where some states did very well while others like the rust belt languished. And those regions of the States still havent recovered.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

Yeah we definately are.

Biden picks appointees like your kids pick eggs...lol.