San Diego residents move to Mexico because of the cost of living

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️
320157972_1368925763853541_1844914862404424694_n.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Taco Alley is a Tijuana classic which goes back to the 1920's though the oldest place still in the same location only goes back to 1960. As a side note Anthony Bourdain loved it.

A different look at Taco Alley by KPBS.

And, of course, Mark Weins.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This guy is an easy coast transplant who moved the San Diego and started his food YouTube channel doing food reviews in San Diego. He has since branched out as his channel has grown.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I've always wondered if Bourdain was seriously sick, with cancer or something like that

He didn't strike me as the kind that would kill himself

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Supposedly he was in love with a 3rd tier Italian actress who was much younger than him, who was cheating on him, and black mailing him.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
He claimed he got off drugs in the 1980's.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I remember Phillip Seymour Hoffman dying of an overdose after some 25 years of sobriety. I was in it deep into my own heroin addiction and really believed I was just fucked. If these people cant do it, I cant either.....was my thinking.

These people with all their resources failing. Really if you are an addicted you are way better off poor. Your odds are better with the most steps between you and using a drug like that as possible

How many steps would this guys have? Like 3? All he has to do is make a couple phone calls.

Famous people rarely stay clean. And they all write books about their addictions where they glorify it all. When I was in a program I read some book about Guns and Rose's. I read Nikki Sixs book. And then Anthony Keidis's book. It was all garbage. People in rehab loves this shit....I thought it was trash.

I think famous people getting "clean" is just them not using until they do. Like "dry drunks". Their disorders are their "edge" that makes them famous....sadly. There is no real recovery. I dont know much about this guy...Anthony Bourdain....but it reads like he never really recovered or healed. Just stopped using. He probably relapsed a few times and died because of it. Sad.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Most heroin addicts never kick. Not to mention picking up hepatitis

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Most heroin addicts never kick. Not to mention picking up hepatitis

Many will stay clean for years and years before they relapse.

It requires authentic and ongoing recovery and self awareness. Away from "recovery communities" as well. That sounds strange, right?

But if you have people sitting in a circle a few times a week saying "and I'm an addict" and people who believe they have an incurable disease they stay in that mindset. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Everytime I see those "days clean" countdown apps from people in the program it makes me sad because it's always a countdown to their relapse. I maintain that groups like NA/AA are cults that are a revolving door of addicts who never move on from their use and never get past that first "step".

Those first two years are the hardest because chemically the brain is healing. When you've flooded it with dopamine, it stops making it on it's own. So your brain is deprived of dopamine for a while. It's a slow healing process. This is where a lot of people fall off. It is extremely hard to go through, you dont realize how important that chemical is until your brain has none of it. It takes about two years for the brain to start producing adequate dopamine again.

After that it definately should not be a "daily struggle to stay clean". It never was for me or my husband. You couldnt pay us to go back into that deep dark mess no matter how crappy we felt. Your worst day clean is better than your best day using. When people say it's a "daily struggle" they are not doing the work you need to do to truly rebuild your life. Like any trauma there comes a point where it has to be in the past. You cant make it part of your identity. It's a horrible thing you went through
......not a persons whole identity. Way too many people root their identity in it and I think that's part of why they fall off.

Addiction is a symptom of deeper problem....not the problem itself. Focusing on the addiction itself is like slapping a band aid on a gun shot wound and trying to go back to work.

My mother has been a drunk her entire life. She hasnt had a drink in 8 years, but shes still very much a dry drunk. Shes not healthy....shes just sober. I dont expect her to ever truly recover. I dont think she even knows any different. If she was left on her own it would be a matter of months before she was on the street drinking herself too death. I'd still rather her like this than drinking.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It requires authentic and ongoing recovery and self awareness. Away from "recovery communities" as well. That sounds strange, right?

But if you have people sitting in a circle a few times a week saying "and I'm an addict" and people who believe they have an incurable disease they stay in that mindset. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Everytime I see those "days clean" countdown apps from people in the program it makes me sad because it's always a countdown to their relapse. I maintain that groups like NA/AA are cults that are a revolving door of addicts who never move on from their use and never get past that first "step".

Those first two years are the hardest because chemically the brain is healing. When you've flooded it with dopamine, it stops making it on it's own. So your brain is deprived of dopamine for a while. It's a slow healing process. This is where a lot of people fall off. It is extremely hard to go through, you dont realize how important that chemical is until your brain has none of it. It takes about two years for the brain to start producing adequate dopamine again.

After that it definately should not be a "daily struggle to stay clean". It never was for me or my husband. You couldnt pay us to go back into that deep dark mess no matter how crappy we felt. Your worst day clean is better than your best day using. When people say it's a "daily struggle" they are not doing the work you need to do to truly rebuild your life. Like any trauma there comes a point where it has to be in the past. You cant make it part of your identity. It's a horrible thing you went through
......not a persons whole identity. Way too many people root their identity in it and I think that's part of why they fall off.

Addiction is a symptom of deeper problem....not the problem itself. Focusing on the addiction itself is like slapping a band aid on a gun shot wound and trying to go back to work.

My mother has been a drunk her entire life. She hasnt had a drink in 8 years, but shes still very much a dry drunk. Shes not healthy....shes just sober. I dont expect her to ever truly recover. I dont think she even knows any different. If she was left on her own it would be a matter of months before she was on the street drinking herself too death. I'd still rather her like this than drinking.

I could have sworn, you had me on ignore

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

My father drank himself to death, he was a violent old bastard, when I got the phone call to say he was dead I felt nothing, I didn’t go to his funeral, he put booze before us so got planted alone .i don’t even have one photo of him, I wouldn’t even want to look at his bloated ugly face the bog Irish cunt.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
An honest look at some of the problems and good things about the city. Sadly, we are now the most expensive and least affordable city in America.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I was talking to an acquaints in the tec bus. Many are eyeing Mexico as the next tec center. China is too far away, with too many problems. If this were true, I believe it would change some immigration issues.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
About every decade or so this wreck gets exposed on a beach in Coronado. It was a liberty ship in WW1 and was used to transport troops and war supplies to France. After the war it went through a series of owners before being bought by the Irish mafia to be anchored off shore in Southern California to be used for gambling, liquor sales, and prostitution. All of which were illegal in the US at the time.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yep, the mileage tax is a horrible idea which will harm working class people most. Why? Because regular people.can't afford $1.2 million for a regular single family home. To get cheaper housing they have to move further out beyond to suburbs and into the exurbs which means they simply have to drive a lot more. Often 1-2 hours each way for workeach day. Guess who will now get hit with a heavy tax in addition to the sky high gas prices (currently $4.20 a gal and climbing) and the lose of time.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was talking to an acquaints in the tec bus. Many are eyeing Mexico as the next tec center. China is too far away, with too many problems. If this were true, I believe it would change some immigration issues.

Immigration from Mexico is way down because the number of young people in Mexico is way down. In addition job opportunities are up and skill training is up which means compensation is quickly improving. Mexico is now a corridor for none Mexican people. It is not just central Americans and South Americans but Africans, middle eastern people, Asians, and even Russians.

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️
That is in part, a big reason why we did NAFTA.