So I'm thinking about fleeing my Communist State of Victoria...

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I disagree with you Dovey.. that being said... this isn't an abortion thread.. :/ Still like ya, tho :)

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I just get annoyed when I hear all these rants about "medical tyranny" or "my body, my choice" by the same people who fully support restrictive abortion laws, yanno?
First off, I agree with you on this.. To me, there's no damn difference.. The government should NEVER, EVER be involved in a person's decisions when it comes to what they do with their own bodies.. My point is.. How far do you think the government should push?... Obviously, you think it's okay that a person loses EVERYTHING they have for not getting vaccinated for a virus that statistically won't kill you..

:ThumbsUp1: Good post, Raven.

So, you're discussing two subjects here. The limitations (or lack thereof) of government authority and, secondly, the reported safety and efficacy of COVID vaccines.

On the latter issue, not being an expert myself (my degree is in philosophy and religious studies, not in virology and immunology), I defer to the medical establishment in its consensus surrounding public health best practices.

As for government authority, that's a much more complex issue. I know you hail from a country that has had such a traumatic relation with an overbearing government that civil rebellion against such tyranny is a foundational principle of your charter. I get it. I really do.

Our own historical experience, as Canadians, took a slightly different track. While we've enshrined our own rights and freedoms as citizens, we never went to war with Britain and remain part of that government's traditional orbit (even if the British Commonwealth is today a largely symbolic entity, as can be seen in the fact that QE2's role in Canadian affairs is titular at best).

Government (of any partisan stripe) oversteps its bounds when the people who CHOSE that government are harmed in a way that suggests it views the needs of the few as outweighing the needs of the many. The U.S. is in an interesting position: individual states have much more authority down there than provinces do up here. As such, your governing bodies are much more tailored to regional specs. That can be a good thing. And it can be a bad one. Good when state legislatures are flexible and responsive in their engagement with the material needs and cultural profiles of their local populations. Bad when a global strategy is required to protect or defend all Americans.

So, if you look at this pandemic as a war of sorts, your question, Raven, becomes: is the federal government overstepping its bounds when it requires that all citizens submit to a medical draft in an effort to conquer the enemy once and for all?

Personally, I say, "Sign me the fuck up! Nao!"

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Medical science has established that the Covid vaccine absolutely does not stop or slow the spread of Covid. This is a fact.

The only benefit of the vaccine is to the one who is being vaccinated, in that they will not get AS sick as they would have gotten without it.

They can and will STILL spread it.

So a mandate makes VERY LITTLE sense. This is why so many people in the medical feild are opposing and refusing.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I just get annoyed when I hear all these rants about "medical tyranny" or "my body, my choice" by the same people who fully support restrictive abortion laws, yanno?
First off, I agree with you on this.. To me, there's no damn difference.. The government should NEVER, EVER be involved in a person's decisions when it comes to what they do with their own bodies.. My point is.. How far do you think the government should push?... Obviously, you think it's okay that a person loses EVERYTHING they have for not getting vaccinated for a virus that statistically won't kill you..

:ThumbsUp1: Good post, Raven.

So, you're discussing two subjects here. The limitations (or lack thereof) of government authority and, secondly, the reported safety and efficacy of COVID vaccines.

On the latter issue, not being an expert myself (my degree is in philosophy and religious studies, not in virology and immunology), I defer to the medical establishment in its consensus surrounding public health best practices.

As for government authority, that's a much more complex issue. I know you hail from a country that has had such a traumatic relation with an overbearing government that civil rebellion against such tyranny is a foundational principle of your charter. I get it. I really do.

Our own historical experience, as Canadians, took a slightly different track. While we've enshrined our own rights and freedoms as citizens, we never went to war with Britain and remain part of that government's traditional orbit (even if the British Commonwealth is today a largely symbolic entity, as can be seen in the fact that QE2's role in Canadian affairs is titular at best).

Government (of any partisan stripe) oversteps its bounds when the people who CHOSE that government are harmed in a way that suggests it views the needs of the few as outweighing the needs of the many. The U.S. is in an interesting position: individual states have much more authority down there than provinces do up here. As such, your governing bodies are much more tailored to regional specs. That can be a good thing. And it can be a bad one. Good when state legislatures are flexible and responsive in their engagement with the material needs and cultural profiles of their local populations. Bad when a global strategy is required to protect or defend all Americans.

So, if you look at this pandemic as a war of sorts, your question, Raven, becomes: is the federal government overstepping its bounds when it requires that all citizens submit to a medical draft in an effort to conquer the enemy once and for all?

Personally, I say, "Sign me the fuck up! Nao!"
I feel you've exaggerated the severity of this virus to make your point!! LOL It is NOT A WAR!!!! I work every day with unvaccinated people..I am vaccinated. WE ALL take precautions and live life. No one is treated differently or shamed for making a personal choice :/ I feel extremely lucky living in my state of Michigan, where people are able to decide what is best for them without government interference. The fact that you think it's okay that this man and his family will suffer over not getting a vaccination is absolutely outrageous to me ..cold-hearted!! :(.. I ask you to put yourself in his shoes, under a different scenario.. on an issue that is close to your heart.. and be FORCED to choose against your will... It isn't right!

OP
OP
Frood

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
That's an interesting way of looking at the situation, culling the ones who have been stupid enough to go along with the manufactured hysteria.

Is it so hard to see after what we've seen in all things covid?

No, it's definitely a possibility...

I like Blurt.. Don't give a damn if he's gay, straight, crossdresser.. whatever! What I don't like is he and others lack basic human compassion for those who decide not to get vaxxed and are okay with the government FORCING people using outrageous tactics!! He lacks empathy imo.. very sad :(

I like you, too, Raven.

But you're wrong on this one.

Live and let live, I say.

The decision to get vaccinated or not affects not only the individual so choosing but the community as well. The lack of compassion may not lie in the direction you think it does. Selfishness has dire consequences these days.

But if you had the jab, you're protected....no?

Oh....right... moving goalposts followed by literal morons.

Just fucking die already.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm back, Raven.

Went to grab a bite with friends at a local pub. It's a gorgeous day out here. A good one to hang out. When the waiter asked to see our vaccine passports, I pulled out my tablet, loaded the screen, and let him grab the QR code. We were seated within a minute, eating within twenty. Fun was had by all.

Now, where were we?

Ah, yes. Freud and the nature of his personal choices. And the severity of the pandemic, yes.

Raven, you may not think the SARS-Cov2 virus is as serious as I (or public health authorities, for that matter) make it out to be, but keep in mind that, as of today, there are close to 46 million active COVID-19 cases in the U.S. and 744,000 (that's nearly three quarters of a million) of your fellow citizens have lost their lives because of this disease. And community transmission is high. Sounds damned serious to me.

Unlike Dove's post above (where she talks about "facts" without providing any authoritative sources for those "facts"), this post will provide you with such a source:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

As to Freud's decision to possibly split up his family over his political beliefs, I feel for him. I really do. And I wish to high heaven things were not so. I do have compassion and empathy for him, as I do for anyone who falls victim to the rampant and destructive--even deadly--disinformation circulating on social media platforms (both established and fringe).

Freud's relentless, near-daily wishing of death and torture upon me for months now doesn't change the fact I can and do commiserate with him, as I can and do with anyone facing such a capital dilemma.

Now I know this will sound cold-hearted to you, Raven, but, speaking as someone whose gender identity is at variance with the norm and who yet stands fast in that identity (precisely because it is my own) against the onslaught of hatred and sundry vituperations such identities elicit, I must say this: "You make your bed, you sleep in it!" I chose to marginalize myself by "coming out"? I took (and continue to take) my lumps. And I do so with a light heart and a broad grin. It was my choice to put myself in that situation. I accept the consequences.

Same goes for Freud. The man is an adult. He can choose to get vaccinated. Or not. He can choose to split up his family. Or not. His decisions will have consequences either way. And I suspect he won't try to evade those consequences. He seems like a responsible sort.

I wish him well.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Nah... Your comparison/consequences to his situation and your "coming out" is bullshit! You're not losing your livelihood over it.. BIG difference. Anywho.. Not going to change your mind.. Hopefully, you will never have to encounter this kind of government tyranny.. We'll have to disagree on this. Take Care.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Nah... Your comparison/consequences to his situation and your "coming out" is bullshit! You're not losing your livelihood over it.. BIG difference. Anywho.. Not going to change your mind.. Hopefully, you will never have to encounter this kind of government tyranny.. We'll have to disagree on this. Take Care.
AMEN!

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Look at this sickening freak in his pomposity trying without any sense of shame whatsoever to jump up on the cross of woe is me I been smitten unjustly. Comparing his choice to nourish mental illness and sick perversions to that of a person wishing only to exercise his right to bodily autonomy and paying his entire financial future & way of life as a consequence.

When in fact, in this day and age of sickening degeneracy announcing ones commitment to sexual perversions of the highest order entitles one to praise & applause. Whereas Freud will enjoy neither as he sleeps in his car for his silent heroism in the face of abominable tyranny. And yet here you are likening your own choice to be a fucking dutiful puppet when the bell rings to the brave men and women who took up arms against an enemy their weapons could actually crush.

Tell me again asshole, which enemy are you crushing with a jab that does absolutely dick to stop the spread of COVID?

No, you're not crushing enemies, you're crushing any remaining vestiges of self respect you may have once enjoyed as you bow to the peer pressure that is the modern left

and that's exactly why I find people like you so utterly fucking repulsive. Stand up and be counted you fucking cretin.

*spits*

OP
OP
Frood

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I'm back, Raven.

Went to grab a bite with friends at a local pub. It's a gorgeous day out here. A good one to hang out. When the waiter asked to see our vaccine passports, I pulled out my tablet, loaded the screen, and let him grab the QR code. We were seated within a minute, eating within twenty. Fun was had by all.

Now, where were we?

Ah, yes. Freud and the nature of his personal choices. And the severity of the pandemic, yes.

Raven, you may not think the SARS-Cov2 virus is as serious as I (or public health authorities, for that matter) make it out to be, but keep in mind that, as of today, there are close to 46 million active COVID-19 cases in the U.S. and 744,000 (that's nearly three quarters of a million) of your fellow citizens have lost their lives because of this disease. And community transmission is high. Sounds damned serious to me.

Unlike Dove's post above (where she talks about "facts" without providing any authoritative sources for those "facts"), this post will provide you with such a source:

As to Freud's decision to possibly split up his family over his political beliefs, I feel for him. I really do. And I wish to high heaven things were not so. I do have compassion and empathy for him, as I do for anyone who falls victim to the rampant and destructive--even deadly--disinformation circulating on social media platforms (both established and fringe).

Freud's relentless, near-daily wishing of death and torture upon me for months now doesn't change the fact I can and do commiserate with him, as I can and do with anyone facing such a capital dilemma.

Now I know this will sound cold-hearted to you, Raven, but, speaking as someone whose gender identity is at variance with the norm and who yet stands fast in that identity (precisely because it is my own) against the onslaught of hatred and sundry vituperations such identities elicit, I must say this: "You make your bed, you sleep in it!" I chose to marginalize myself by "coming out"? I took (and continue to take) my lumps. And I do so with a light heart and a broad grin. It was my choice to put myself in that situation. I accept the consequences.

Same goes for Freud. The man is an adult. He can choose to get vaccinated. Or not. He can choose to split up his family. Or not. His decisions will have consequences either way. And I suspect he won't try to evade those consequences. He seems like a responsible sort.

I wish him well.

I don't want your well wishes, you misinformed authoritarian cult pom pom girl....

You people have facilitated the outcome of what liberty minded people have to endure now. So if I hope you have a blood clot dislodge and foul up your heart, that's payback, motherfucker.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I apologize. I assume people who think it's okay for this vaccine to be coerced and forced are taking the time to make sure they have the proper info, especially when they openly say that unlike the rest of us they use facts.

I thought facts fueled leftism even so I figured this was already known.

When you guys were vaccinated did the nurse/doctor/pharmacist not give you an info sheet? Did they explain your risks of transmission and tell you to still wear a mask inside if you feel sick? Our pharmacist explained this to us.

"If you are fully vaccinated and become infected with the Delta variant, you can spread the virus to others."

"
THE NEW DATA SAYS THAT A FULLY VACCINATED PERSON WHO EXPERIENCES A BREAKTHROUGH INFECTION CAN SPREAD THE VIRUS JUST AS MUCH AS AN UNVACCINATED PERSON. IS THIS ONLY FOR SYMPTOMATIC INFECTIONS?

It’s expected that symptomatic breakthroughs are more contagious than asymptomatic breakthroughs."

Asymptomatic cases in general are not as contagious as symptomatic ones.

I can also post studies if its required.

These vaccines do not provide sterilizing immunity(that means completely preventing infection and transmission). What they do is pretty much eliminate your odds of being hospitalized or dying. They dont stop you from catching and spreading.

This needs to be a decision individuals make with thier doctors.....not a forced requirement to work.

Last edited:

Sindy666

Factory Bastard
I like how dude is leaving his home and his job and shit because he's too scared of a vaccine that will help him not get the plague or not get it as bad. And then all the other anti-science morons pat him on the back and help reinforce his insanity... hilarious. Most hilarious thread in a long time.

OP
OP
Frood

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I like how dude is leaving his home and his job and shit because he's too scared of a vaccine that will help him not get the plague or not get it as bad. And then all the other anti-science morons pat him on the back and help reinforce his insanity... hilarious. Most hilarious thread in a long time.

Ok, Mr. Mangina....

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Nah... Your comparison/consequences to his situation and your "coming out" is bullshit! You're not losing your livelihood over it.. BIG difference.

There certainly is a big difference. Unemployment is the least of the risks faced by members of the trans community, Raven. Hate-motivated murder being the greatest. This year alone, nearly fifty people were killed just in the U.S. for being trans. And this, mind you, is people being killed for who they are, not because of what they do. And these numbers, according to the HRC, are likely under-reported. But hey! Keep your compassion in check. Freud might need it

Anywho.. Not going to change your mind..

Nor I yours. Live and let live, remember?

Hopefully, you will never have to encounter this kind of government tyranny..

Hopefully, yes. But I'm a firm believer in the principles of democracy (which, for some weird reason, Dove, for instance, claims do not apply to your country). If incipient tyranny ever manifests itself, we'll boot it out with a pencil at the ballot box, not with violence on the steps of our Parliament.

We'll have to disagree on this. Take Care.

We will. Goodbye.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There certainly is a big difference. Unemployment is the least of the risks faced by members of the trans community, Raven. Hate-motivated murder being the greatest. This year alone, nearly fifty people were killed just in the U.S. for being trans. And this, mind you, is people being killed for who they are, not because of what they do. And these numbers, according to the HRC, are likely under-reported. But hey! Keep your compassion in check. Freud might need it

....in which case you better not go to to the US at this time. Or Brazil either.

Travel to those destinations might not be terribly safe for you Blurt. Especially in this politically charged environment eh. Best for you to stay at home.

You & your friend mimi are lucky to live in a place which shares your like minded views & lifestyles. I might be OK if I ventured it's those places but you not so much Blurt.

Stay in Canada & stay safe Blurt.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It's seriously Idiocracy.

You know shits BAD when being opposed to government coercion and force of a medical intervention is being called "anti science".

It's just so Orwell. And any dialog no matter how scientifically accurate is just "anti science" if the person saying it is interrupting the fascist narrative.

Guys, science means you have to do whatever the gov mandates. Duh. If it's not government approved its anti science.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

....in which case you better not go to to the US at this time. Or Brazil either.

Travel to those destinations might not be terribly safe for you Blurt. Especially in this politically charged environment eh. Best for you to stay at home.

You & your friend mimi are lucky to live in a place which shares your like minded views & lifestyles. I might be OK if I ventured it's those places but you not so much Blurt.

Not true at all, Joe. At least not for America.

The biggest threat to trans people here in the states is other trans people. No joke.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Not true at all, Joe. At least not for America.

The biggest threat to trans people here in the states is other trans people. No joke.

I just say these things ta bug Blurt.

However I get the sense it is less safe in the US for Trans people than Canada.

I got attacked 3 or 4 times in the States when I was living there. So I somewhat believe all those violent incidents you've experienced.

US is a tougher more violent society than Canada. But we're not free of it either.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

You are claiming other people are insane? You?!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Nah... Your comparison/consequences to his situation and your "coming out" is bullshit! You're not losing your livelihood over it.. BIG difference.

Anywho.. Not going to change your mind..

Nor I yours. Live and let live, remember?

Hopefully, you will never have to encounter this kind of government tyranny..

Hopefully, yes. But I'm a firm believer in the principles of democracy (which, for some weird reason, Dove, for instance, claims do not apply to your country). If incipient tyranny ever manifests itself, we'll boot it out with a pencil at the ballot box, not with violence on the steps of our Parliament.

We'll have to disagree on this. Take Care.

We will. Goodbye.

Factually, untrue. The greatest threat to "trans" people is suicide. No, "transitioning" doesn't effect their suicide rates at all and, no, it is not everyone else who is the cause. Internal mental illness is the primary cause. Last I heard 47% commit suicide so it is by far a bigger problem than someone else attacking them.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Looks to me he made his bed and now will have to sleep in it. The way of the World.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️

'Cept it doesn't bug me, Jomo.

Unlike you, I actually like Americans. I'm most certainly not afraid of them.

And you're the one who's often expressed a fear of "leaving the house," and an absolute mortal terror at even the thought of visiting the U.S., not me.

For some reason, you seem incapable of distinguishing between the fantasyland of an anonymous online environment and flesh and blood reality. Regardless of the banter here, I'm quite confident that I would enjoy hanging out for a coffee or a beer or a glass of wine with any member on this board.

Except maybe for UncleFiLTH. That guy's a lost cause.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

And you're the one who's often expressed a fear of "leaving the house," and an absolute mortal terror at even the thought of visiting the U.S., not me.

For some reason, you seem incapable of distinguishing between the fantasyland of an anonymous online environment and flesh and blood reality. Regardless of the banter here, I'm quite confident that I would enjoy hanging out for a coffee or a beer or a glass of wine with any member on this board.

Actually Blurt I believe that Trans people get murdered or attacked in the US a lot. There's probably many more incidents that don't get reported either. I was attacked or threatened 4 times when I lived there. And that was in good times too & I'm not Trans. Plus there's a Lotta religious fundamentalist kooks.

It's just a different country Blurt. Much more socially conservative. Even liberal California. It's not hard to the US is so polarized these days.

Anyways I've nothing against Americans. It's just a different country and society eh.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Actually Blurt I believe that Trans people get murdered or attacked in the US a lot. There's probably many more incidents that don't get reported either. I was attacked or threatened 4 times when I lived there. And that was in good times too & I'm not Trans. Plus there's a Lotta religious fundamentalist kooks.

It's just a different country Blurt. Much more socially conservative. Even liberal California. It's not hard to the US is so polarized these days.
You got attacked 4 times? you must look like a real mark.

I lived in NY all my life and hung out in some of the roughest neighborhoods and never been attacked after reaching my 20's.

And the only reason I got attacked prior to that was because I was a troubled teen troublemaker who loved fighting every chance I got. I went looking for trouble on several occasions and found it. It was fun tho. I wouldn't change a thing.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I lived in NY all my life and hung out in some of the roughest neighborhoods and never been attacked after reaching my 20's.

And the only reason I got attacked prior to that was because I was a troubled teen troublemaker who loved fighting every chance I got. I went looking for trouble on several occasions and found it. It was fun tho. I wouldn't change a thing.

Yet I can see why people carry guns in the US.

I didn't own a gun when I was there.

But it seems like a more violent place now.

There are some ghettos the average person wouldnt or shouldn't visit.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I wouldn't get attacked either way. if you saw me you'd know why (hint: I've been referred to as ""roido"" for a reason) but I still carry a gun. A Glock 17 9mm

I maintain self defense insurance too.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️

You're such a fearful little man, Joe.

Can't even muster up the courage to visit downtown Vancouver, let alone Los Angeles or New York City.

What a wadded tissue of a man you are!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

You're such a fearful little man, Joe.

Can't even muster up the courage to visit downtown Vancouver, let alone Los Angeles or New York City.

What a wadded tissue of a man you are!

And yet you're the one who brings up & highlights that 50 Trans people were murdered in the United States this year Blurt.

Not me. So you brought it up for a reason to emphasize a point.

So don't try to whitewash the issue which you yourself brought up Blurt.