The food thread...

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

I feel like you could identify as Southern lol. You damn sure dont seem like a Yankee lol.

But if I ask for sweet tea, and you serve me unsweet tea, our friendship is over. lol
i identify as an american :)

forget tea...ill make u a mint julep

did your weekend get washed out? cold & rainy af up here so ill make a BBQ today and make up for it

Thats it, Im unfriending you! lol

Half the weekend did. Last half went great, multiple cookouts, bonfire, jamming, and flag flying lol.
lol

for being a plain american or for the mint julep?

Lol

American is great, being patriotic, for liberty and all.

It was "forget tea, Im making mint julep" lol. Fuckin hell! Is that really what y'all drink up there?
a mint julep is a southern thing

go ask your confederate war re-enactment dudes, they would hang u as a yankee spy for not knowing that

Maybe it's a class thing. Do the working classes drink mint juleps?
idk, its 2oz bourbon, 1 oz water, 1tsp sugar over mint leaves

sounds like a slave owning whip-cracker drink lol

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

I feel like you could identify as Southern lol. You damn sure dont seem like a Yankee lol.

But if I ask for sweet tea, and you serve me unsweet tea, our friendship is over. lol

did your weekend get washed out? cold & rainy af up here so ill make a BBQ today and make up for it

Half the weekend did. Last half went great, multiple cookouts, bonfire, jamming, and flag flying lol.
lol

Lol

It was "forget tea, Im making mint julep" lol. Fuckin hell! Is that really what y'all drink up there?

go ask your confederate war re-enactment dudes, they would hang u as a yankee spy for not knowing that

I have a bit of bourbon once in a while. I like it on the rocks. I've never had a mint julep, maybe I should try it.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
im a yankee

lol

Lol

It's a 'Kentucky' thing actually.

Bingo, served at the Kentucky Derby especially, for the ladies.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

lol

Lol

I have a bit of bourbon once in a while. I like it on the rocks. I've never had a mint julep, maybe I should try it.
sounds great until that tsp of sugar tho....yuk
like a shot of pancake syrup lol

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
im a yankee

lol

Lol

I cant believe you let Dr. Funkenstein school you like that. And hes from Connecticut!

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
im a yankee

lol

Lol

I been drinking bourbon tonight, was a ball full of energy, but I ate ALL the tacos again, and now Im winding down lol.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
This is Moonshine land here lol. Im 30 minutes from the Moonshine Capitol of the World lol, Franklin County.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
im a yankee

lol

Lol

I cant believe you let Dr. Funkenstein school you like that. And hes from Connecticut!
I've spent a lot of time on Southern military bases. Fort Rucker, Alabama had the best food.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

lol

Lol

I've spent a lot of time on Southern military bases. Fort Rucker, Alabama had the best food.
crawfish lol

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

lol

Lol

I been drinking bourbon tonight, was a ball full of energy, but I ate ALL the tacos again, and now Im winding down lol.

Tacos are great.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
im a yankee

lol

Lol

crawfish lol
Those are good! Spiced up.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

lol

Lol

maybe i shouldve made u a pink lady lol

alcohol is alcohol, the rest is just drama. on camping trips we take everclear n koolaid powder loool

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

lol

Lol

maybe i shouldve made u a pink lady lol

alcohol is alcohol, the rest is just drama. on camping trips we take everclear n koolaid powder loool

You're right. But a well mixed cocktail with flavors that complement one another can be delicious as part of an evening.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

lol

Lol

He's also got Stein in his name the fucking JEW! Hissss at you funk!!!! sssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gspqi2s.png

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

lol

Lol

crawfish lol
i ate some one on a dare, just the tails. like shrimp. caught/ate a shit load of mussels too

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
im a yankee

lol

Lol

He's also got Stein in his name the fucking JEW! Hissss at you funk!!!! sssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gspqi2s.png
You've heard of Italian Jews?

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
im a yankee

lol

Lol

crawfish lol
i ate some one on a dare, just the tails. like shrimp. caught/ate a shit load of mussels too
Right, just the tails. Take the shells off next time.
I like mussels. Clams. Shrimp, Oysters, Lobsters. Scallops. Crabs. All that shit is good.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
im a yankee

lol

Lol

That said, I do like a good tea. I drink more of that than coffee. I got the habit from my Scottish father and grandparents.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
im a yankee

lol

Lol

Very southern from the 19th century. The sugar and mint is to make the yoing ladies like it. Modern ones use a bit of soda water instead of the old water recipe. Often it is garnished with a slice of lemon.

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Homemade fermented hotsauce is my newest thing... Absolutely gorgeous on pretty much anything...

The 3 bottles here were waaaay too hot... I added red wine vinegar and sugar to one, honey to another and pineapple to the last one... All absolute killers... Gorgeous...

92mUQYD.jpg

c3Xcu1l.jpg

If it really is to hot then you could always just cut it with something else. Maybe blend water, tomato, and garlic mix it to your desired heat level then let it firment a bit more to help smooth things out.

That's where the honey, pineapple etc came in... I was sure to leave the caps a little loose for the second ferment lol...

The pineapple one would be great for chicken but the honey one is gone already... People couldn't stop picking at it...

Sindy666

Factory Bastard

My guy likes a little whiskey sometimes... he likes it poured just over the top of one of these big ice cubes...

c4ff0d8facf2833532ed5ea62e799d85.jpg

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

My guy likes a little whiskey sometimes... he likes it poured just over the top of one of these big ice cubes...

c4ff0d8facf2833532ed5ea62e799d85.jpg

Mine is a bourbon guy. Some whiskeys as well, but definitely enjoys the corn flavor of bourbon. I mostly have a glass of wine in the evening, red. I don't drink many white wines.