The food thread...

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
they pull out the in edible parts then batter and fry them so you can eat them whole. It is the easiest and best way to eat crab. I lived in Baltimore for a year in 4th grade, the place was a shithole even back then, but the one saving grace was the seafood. You'd have crab shacks (literal shacks made out of whatever spare wood people could find for free) where fisherman and their wives would sell their catch and for a few bucks more cool it as well.

Most had tanks where they'd hold the crabs close to multing so they could sell the soft shell crabs right after the shed their shell. Best crab experience ever.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
they pull out the in edible parts then batter and fry them so you can eat them whole. It is the easiest and best way to eat crab.
I love all shellfish except oysters but I've always been put off by the thought of eating a crab whole but I may try it now you've eased my mind about eating guts and dead mans fingers...
Theres a vid of strictly dumpling eating crab innards lol I'll see if I can find it...

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
they pull out the in edible parts then batter and fry them so you can eat them whole. It is the easiest and best way to eat crab.
I love all shellfish except oysters but I've always been put off by the thought of eating a crab whole but I may try it now you've eased my mind about eating guts and dead mans fingers...
Theres a vid of strictly dumpling eating crab innards lol I'll see if I can find it...

The guts, mouth, and gills are all removed then the rest fried. It is truly all great crab without the shell cracking plus the amazing deep fried crunch. Furthermore oysters are amazing. Anyone who has not had oysters Rockefeller is missing out.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You're gonna think I'm weird but I love asparagus.

1200px-Asparagus_image.jpg

A knob of real butter, salt and black pepper then wrapped in bacon and fried... Heavenly...

"Real butter", what do you use for butter these days?

Personally I think certain brands of butter have changed in the past year. They hardly even melt. Mess up my stomach more too. I usually use Country Crock tubs, and Land O Lakes sticks.

41nbUcCo5lL.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I do like kerrygold simply for the higher content of butter fat.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

A knob of real butter, salt and black pepper then wrapped in bacon and fried... Heavenly...

Personally I think certain brands of butter have changed in the past year. They hardly even melt. Mess up my stomach more too. I usually use Country Crock tubs, and Land O Lakes sticks.

Country Crock is margarine not real butter. Personally, I usually buy Kerry Gold Irish butter as it has a high butter fat content and lower water content compared to most American butters. That means it spreads very smoothly and has a nice creamy flavor.

My favourite supermarket butter is Lurpak... It carries more flavour than anything I've tried and the price reflects it...

Where is that from?

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

41nbUcCo5lL.jpg

Thats actually what I just switched to lol.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

41nbUcCo5lL.jpg

Isn't it delicious? I use regular butter for baking and cooking and KG for toast, garlic bread, etc.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

41nbUcCo5lL.jpg

Isn't it delicious? I use regular butter for baking and cooking and KG for toast, garlic bread, etc.

So much better, love it.

The others changed, they dont even melt right. Kerry tastes real, like real butter.

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Homemade fermented hotsauce is my newest thing... Absolutely gorgeous on pretty much anything...

The 3 bottles here were waaaay too hot... I added red wine vinegar and sugar to one, honey to another and pineapple to the last one... All absolute killers... Gorgeous...

92mUQYD.jpg

c3Xcu1l.jpg

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Homemade fermented hotsauce is my newest thing... Absolutely gorgeous on pretty much anything...

The 3 bottles here were waaaay too hot... I added red wine vinegar and sugar to one, honey to another and pineapple to the last one... All absolute killers... Gorgeous...

92mUQYD.jpg

c3Xcu1l.jpg

Hell yeah man!!!!

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

I feel like you could identify as Southern lol. You damn sure dont seem like a Yankee lol.

But if I ask for sweet tea, and you serve me unsweet tea, our friendship is over. lol
i identify as an american :)

forget tea...ill make u a mint julep

did your weekend get washed out? cold & rainy af up here so ill make a BBQ today and make up for it

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
im a yankee

I feel like you could identify as Southern lol. You damn sure dont seem like a Yankee lol.

But if I ask for sweet tea, and you serve me unsweet tea, our friendship is over. lol

did your weekend get washed out? cold & rainy af up here so ill make a BBQ today and make up for it

Thats it, Im unfriending you! lol

Half the weekend did. Last half went great, multiple cookouts, bonfire, jamming, and flag flying lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

92mUQYD.jpg

c3Xcu1l.jpg

If it really is to hot then you could always just cut it with something else. Maybe blend water, tomato, and garlic mix it to your desired heat level then let it firment a bit more to help smooth things out.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

Half the weekend did. Last half went great, multiple cookouts, bonfire, jamming, and flag flying lol.
lol

for being a plain american or for the mint julep?

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
im a yankee

lol

Lol

American is great, being patriotic, for liberty and all.

It was "forget tea, Im making mint julep" lol. Fuckin hell! Is that really what y'all drink up there?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

lol

Lol

It was "forget tea, Im making mint julep" lol. Fuckin hell! Is that really what y'all drink up there?
a mint julep is a southern thing

go ask your confederate war re-enactment dudes, they would hang u as a yankee spy for not knowing that

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
im a yankee

lol

Lol

go ask your confederate war re-enactment dudes, they would hang u as a yankee spy for not knowing that
It's a 'Kentucky' thing actually.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
im a yankee

lol

Lol

Maybe it's a class thing. Do the working classes drink mint juleps?