The food thread...

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Menemen with yogurt and Kalamata olives...

Ckh8ntd.jpg

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
My tacos last night, roughly 1.25lbs on that plate lol.

152ba0ed615fe6c83532d91f841de70a934500d6.jpg

fdc5b18c97d22b6f85aa71f0452e174504e2327e.jpg
i assume the shredded cheese is hiding under the lettuce :p

Nope! lol

I take the shells out the oven, put the cheese in the shell, then put the hot meat on top of the cheese. It melts the cheese nicely, and none falls off! I could care less if a lil lettuce falls off lol.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Nope! lol

I take the shells out the oven, put the cheese in the shell, then put the hot meat on top of the cheese. It melts the cheese nicely, and none falls off! I could care less if a lil lettuce falls off lol.
brilliant! i gotta try that

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Nope! lol

brilliant! i gotta try that

Right!?

My ex loved my tacos, and she contributed it to my layering lol.

Once you do this, there is no going back lol.

Hot shell, then cheese, then hot meat! Then hot sauce, tomatoes, and lettuce. Standard taco.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Hard shell? How very Tex-Mex of you.

I like crispy shells lol.

Its how I get the SanDiego brothers to make my shrimp tacos. So good.

Sometimes I like a soft corn tortilla shell, but its not that often. Good for fish tacos.

Fuck, now I want more tacos lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Do in TJ they also do a form of hard shell which is called tacos durados where they put the meat into a tortilla and fry the whole thing in oil. You used to never see flour tortillas used in tacos down there but apparently enough people got deported after living in the US or just decided to move back that now you see "Yankee style tacos" down there. In fact, one of the first places to offer it was named Tacos Yanqui (Yankee Tacos) and they really have started a trend.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Do in TJ they also do a form of hard shell which is called tacos durados where they put the meat into a tortilla and fry the whole thing in oil. You used to never see flour tortillas used in tacos down there but apparently enough people got deported after living in the US or just decided to move back that now you see "Yankee style tacos" down there. In fact, one of the first places to offer it was named Tacos Yanqui (Yankee Tacos) and they really have started a trend.

I would never eat a Yankee taco! Well...... she was from Connecticut lol.

I think thats how the SanDiego bros do it, they fry the shell while it holds the ingredients. So yummy.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I think thats how the SanDiego bros do it, they fry the shell while it holds the ingredients. So yummy.

Hehe, southerners might not like it but down in Latin America if you are white and from the US then they will all call you a Yankee. Southerners can shout all they want that "I am not a God damned Yankee!" but the Mexicans (and really all of the Latin Americans) will say "you are white. You are from the US, and so you are a yankee."

Meanwhile a million southerners get mad.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am reminded of a story my aunt once told me in the late 1980's. She worked for the Coca-Cola Company at their corporate HQ in Atlanta and traveled quite a lot (like half her time; she never got married because of it) but after 35 years she worked her way up to VP of the company. Now the company had something like 30 VPs all depending upon what you did but still it was a great achievement for a woman who originally majored in "performance dance " while in college while working part time in a bank. She got a job with Nestlé in Switzerland in her 20's in the 1970's and just worked her way up.

So, anyway, she told me Coke wanted a corporate restructuring in the late 1980's and as a result she was put in charge of fiing a lot of people. She told me she was extremely surprised at the reactions of some of the people in Atlanta where she had the not so nice job of firing them. One of them, who had been her boss before she was promoted above him, and this guy was very much as Southern as Southern could be, called her "a God damned yankee" after she told him he was fired. She pointed out that she had been born in Scotland and raised in California but he responded "you look and sound like a fucking Yankee to me!"

I guess it was just the worst thing he could think of at the time to call someone a Yankee. Even a Scottish girl who got brought up in California.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My aunt also told me one of her most satisfying experiences was shortly after she got fired from Nestlé and started her job at Coke is she negotiated a purchase with her former boss, who had fired her after a different corporate purchase, that his services would no longer be needed. In short, she got to fire the guy who had fired her.

Last edited:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Hehe, southerners might not like it but down in Latin America if you are white and from the US then they will all call you a Yankee. Southerners can shout all they want that "I am not a God damned Yankee!" but the Mexicans (and really all of the Latin Americans) will say "you are white. You are from the US, and so you are a yankee."

Fuck I cant stand to be called a yankee!!!

Coke was invented by a Confederate , so it surprises me with their recent "wokeness"

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
My aunt also told me one of her most satisfying experiences was shortly after she got fired from Nestlé and started her job at Coke is she negotiated a purchase with her former boss, who had fired her after a different corporate purchase, that his services would no longer be needed. In short, she got to fire the guy who had fired her.

I did something similar

I convinced a bitch not to dump me, rocked her world, made her fall in love and kicked her like a bad habit.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

Fuck I cant stand to be called a yankee!!!

Coke was invented by a Confederate , so it surprises me with their recent "wokeness"

All the major companies do it, they surely can't all have been infiltrated and subverted by Commies....

I think what happens is they get duped by PR advertising firms who employ young, freshly indoctrinated Cultural Marxists and the company big wigs receive a hefty sell of progressive propaganda. Naturally these fatcats don't want to risk being branded racist or hateful by the media and subsequently boycotted, so they gladly sell their souls to the Marxist devils in order for the shekels to keep rolling in.