The food thread...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I can’t eat meat today *pouts*

Eat fish. As X was talking about Iraqi food maybe there is an Iraqi place near where you live which makes masgouf. It is an Iraqi fish dish smoked/cooked over an open fire. Usually they butterfly the fish and run it with butter and spices.

The origin of the dish goes back to ancient Sumer and Akkad.

I’ve been eating fish since Ash Wednesday... I’m burnt out lol

I know down in Tijuana they sell sea turtle soup this time of year because of meatless fridays. The government discourages it as sea turtles are supposed to be protected but its still in all the major markets.

Even though it is a reptile and not a fish the locals since it came from the sea it is good for lent.

I can’t eat turtle. I can barely eat chicken and beef lol

Ok. Hmm, maybe seafood but not fish as you are tired of fish. An octopus tostada? Shrimp is always popular as is crab.

I could easily exist on seafood only. Yes, clams, prawns, abalone lobster, mussels, crab, scollops, calamarI, and fish. It would be heaven. An octopus tostada sounds as good as a dorado taquito. A cold beer naturally.

You live in a good place for that.

I got spoiled on seafood during my time in NOLA. I could probably live on it but I would miss steak.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Great thread!

Wish I could post a pic, sadly I cant.

Oerdin or somebody posted up this link...

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Thanks!

It pisses me off, that I cant use imgbb or postimages here at work. Cause someone is just reporting ANY images connected to us. I think I can still use postimages at home. I'll try bayimg shortly.

I posted the link

It doesn't work..

no gif file uploads either

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Great thread!

Thanks!

It pisses me off, that I cant use imgbb or postimages here at work. Cause someone is just reporting ANY images connected to us. I think I can still use postimages at home. I'll try bayimg shortly.

I posted the link

It doesn't work..

Just grab a cheap VPN and vary the IP's on postimages.org or similar. Make the dweeb work for it...

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Great thread!

Thanks!

I posted the link

It doesn't work..

Just grab a cheap VPN and vary the IP's on postimages.org or similar. Make the dweeb work for it...

Ive been using imagebam but the site isnt secure

I have a VPN but it fucks with my PLEX server and I usaully fuck shit up on my PC when I start tinkering around

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Great thread!

Thanks!

I posted the link

It doesn't work..

I have a VPN but it fucks with my PLEX server and I usaully fuck shit up on my PC when I start tinkering around

Have you tried running a browser with a vpn, like Opera and isolate it from other functions?

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Great thread!

Thanks!

I posted the link

It doesn't work..

Have you tried running a browser with a vpn, like Opera and isolate it from other functions?

no I've just been using it on the Wifi.. maybe even an add on

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Great thread!

Thanks!

I posted the link

It doesn't work..

no I've just been using it on the Wifi.. maybe even an add on

I believe Opera has a stand alone free VPN for the browser only... might be worth giving it a go.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Toast and brussels pate is one of my favourite snacks...
cTidkFT.jpg

I had to Google what Brussels pate was. It says it is basically pork fat, water, starch, and spices. That doesn't sound very good.

Looks like potted meat lol.

What the hell is "potted meat"?
Meat paste
Uc1a8TC.jpg

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Toast and brussels pate is one of my favourite snacks...
cTidkFT.jpg

I had to Google what Brussels pate was. It says it is basically pork fat, water, starch, and spices. That doesn't sound very good.

Looks like potted meat lol.

What the hell is "potted meat"?
Meat paste
Uc1a8TC.jpg
Brings back school lunch memories of the little glass jars with similar in them... Shipmans or something like that...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't know if this is good or if I should be afraid of it. Disneyland has released a new snack food you can buy at their amusement parks and it is a hotdogs stuffed inside a pickle with the whole thing covered in a corn dog coating and then placed on a stick.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This could have gone into the guilty pleasures thread but I decided to put it here in the food thread. I confess I like the tined Fray Bentos with the puff pastry crust.

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@Weeg Where's your favourites?... I love your food posts and they really are mouth watering, if not occasionally bizarre...

Back the in Y days, I tried a few of the weird ones out... Scrambled eggs with cream and chocolate chips was um... unique...

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@Weeg Where's your favourites?... I love your food posts and they really are mouth watering, if not occasionally bizarre...

Back the in Y days, I tried a few of the weird ones out... Scrambled eggs with cream and chocolate chips was um... unique...
heer is my pizza today
86329504.jpg

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
We did lamb shanks and stuffed salmon yesterday.

The grill wasnt working right so I had to cook it in the house.... it all turned out wonderful. It's just better grilled.

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

heer is my pizza today
86329504.jpg
Doesn't look bad, plenty of pepperoni, but definitely lacking effort... Must be a busy pizza house...

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The grill wasnt working right so I had to cook it in the house.... it all turned out wonderful. It's just better grilled.

I wanted to try some lamb shanks coated in a thick curry then wrapped in banana leaves and smoked... Apparently they produce enough liquid to keep things good and the little smoke that gets in adds irreplaceable flavour to it...

I'll try this week, weather dependant... It was 19°C yesterday, everyone out in the gardens drinking and having BBQ's... Today it snowed... Fucking UK shitty weather...

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Salmon is always a winner and lamb is good as long as it is a bit on the rare side. It has so much less fat compared to beef that cooking it well done risks drying it out.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I wanted to try some lamb shanks coated in a thick curry then wrapped in banana leaves and smoked... Apparently they produce enough liquid to keep things good and the little smoke that gets in adds irreplaceable flavour to it...

I'll try this week, weather dependant... It was 19°C yesterday, everyone out in the gardens drinking and having BBQ's... Today it snowed... Fucking UK shitty weather...

Why not just marinade it in curry then smoke it uncovered? You could always wrap it later if need be.

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Why not just marinade it in curry then smoke it uncovered? You could always wrap it later if need be.

The banana leaves hold in moisture and the sauce...

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

But wouldn't they block the smoke?

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

But wouldn't they block the smoke?

It would block a lot of it but some would get through...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

heer is my pizza today
86329504.jpg

Pepperoni much? Lol

Should've seen my Slim Jim pizza back in the day. FIVE layers of pepperoni! It was stacked as high as @Flynn 's forehead!!!