What's the last thing you purchased?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
A calendar, lol I didn’t buy one at the beginning of the year, I like to have one to write on cos I’m an old bat who forgets things....

I keep a calendar that I write things on :)
i should too but i use the phones app

my life will be chaos if i lose it lol

Yeah I actually make a point to do as much without my phone as possible.

I write out my budget and bills. My shopping lists. Important dates. I'll do it on my phone too.....but I'm way more involved writing it lol.

Ill still leave hand written notes to my family, and then text them to ask if they got it lol.
i should be more like that and less dependent on it. seriously

my handwriting is atrocious from neglect now and more than 10 words gives me a cramp lmao

I dont know if it's because I'm older and resistant to fundamental change, but I'm just very put off about everything being so.....digital.

There is like a coldness in it. Lack of intimacy. I know that's a weird thing to say about budgeting and calendars lol. I hate when I'm sending someone to the store and I go to grab a list and they are like "just text it"

Like no bitch.....read my handwriting. READ IT!
I had a long form to fill in, I had to practice writing first lol my handwriting was all over the place, I set reminders on my phone, but things just seem more real written on a calendar...

Cursive Penmanship and calculator-free math were drilled into us the first 7 years of primary and secondary school.... they weren't electives.

I've had very successful businessmen stop meetings and exclaim "how are you doing that?!" and school children think I'm drawing art instead of writing...

...then I launch into calligraphy (albeit with a gel pen or ballpoint) and really blow the kids' minds...

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
186498432_3870058123043103_2636485091039991949_n.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A freestanding AC unit because my stupid central air thing busted.

I feel for you. I just got my central air fixed ($300) not counting the cost of getting R-22 refrigerate which is illegal in my state but what my central AC unit needs as it was built in 1988. I was able to get my hands on a bottle of R-22 but it took some doing.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I did find a bunch of milkweed out behind the trailer though.

Are you in an area where there are monarch butterflies? They lay their eggs exclusively on milkweed and their larva feed exclusively on milkweed while even the adults feed on the flowers. In recent decades the population of monarch butterflies has collapsed because farmers use roundup weed killer along with roundup ready seeds (crop seeds which are immune to roundup) which killed 90%-95% of milkweed. That has caused the monarch butterfly population to collapse.

Monarchs are a very interesting butterfly because they are the only insect which migrates. They travel from northern Canada to the central Mexican highlands with the seasons which is a pretty monumental feat for a small insect.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Are you in an area where there are monarch butterflies? They lay their eggs exclusively on milkweed and their larva feed exclusively on milkweed while even the adults feed on the flowers. In recent decades the population of monarch butterflies has collapsed because farmers use roundup weed killer along with roundup ready seeds (crop seeds which are immune to roundup) which killed 90%-95% of milkweed. That has caused the monarch butterfly population to collapse.

Monarchs are a very interesting butterfly because they are the only insect which migrates. They travel from northern Canada to the central Mexican highlands with the seasons which is a pretty monumental feat for a small insect.

Yep!

In the metro area you occasionally see them but I'm hoping now that I'm more out, I'll see more of them. That's why I'm excited about the milkweed I found lol. There is a good amount of it too.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
A freestanding AC unit because my stupid central air thing busted.

I feel for you. I just got my central air fixed ($300) not counting the cost of getting R-22 refrigerate which is illegal in my state but what my central AC unit needs as it was built in 1988. I was able to get my hands on a bottle of R-22 but it took some doing.

I knew that I was gonna be renovating this place. But damn EVERYTHING started going. I've already put more money into it than was spent buying it.

And it's like I havent even done anything yet lol. First the water heater went. Then the furnace went. I had to fix the plumbing in the kitchen 3 times. I'm absolutely getting ALL the plumbing replaced

It's all stuff i was going to replace anyway.

Now I've decided I want a tankless water heater... so I'm probably going to get that as soon as I can and sell the one I bought a few months ago lol.

It's all crazy over here.

The subfloor plywood is 57 dollars a sheet right now. It's disgusting! I was gonna install it myself anyway.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yep!

In the metro area you occasionally see them but I'm hoping now that I'm more out, I'll see more of them. That's why I'm excited about the milkweed I found lol. There a good amount of it too.

My family's 50 acres had milkweed galore growing up... and crab apple trees along the tractor paths where my grandpa and great uncles jumped off and took shits...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yep!

In the metro area you occasionally see them but I'm hoping now that I'm more out, I'll see more of them. That's why I'm excited about the milkweed I found lol. There a good amount of it too.

My family's 50 acres had milkweed galore growing up... and crab apple trees along the tractor paths where my grandpa and great uncles jumped off and took shits...

Took shits off the path lol.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yep!

They're like 15 foot tall overgrown trees of where my family shit... full of fruit worms, but the white tails love em... plus we and my mom started planting some native berries that the deer ejaculate over...nearly 30 years ago.

It's deer central.

All my relatives treat the place as a butchers shop...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yep!

They're like 15 foot tall overgrown trees of where my family shit... full of fruit worms, but the white tails love em... plus we and my mom started planting some native berries that the deer ejaculate over...nearly 30 years ago.

It's deer central.

Deer have been out like crazy lately here.

I get up super early, I like to go for a run, pound some water and have some quiet time with coffee before the kids get up and my mom wakes up and I have to run around all morning for them. I gotta prepare.

So I'm sitting by the window drinking coffee and reading... I have the windows open because there is this incredible heavy flower scent outside here. And I heard a sound kinda like a horse, and there was a large doe right by my window. Scared the shit out of me lol. It took off before I could get a pic. But it was freakishly close.

And I have a giant racoon that has decided it likes to be under this trailer. You can hear the thing trilling loudly right under us. It sometimes sounds like its inside. I'm trying to trap it and make sure it doesnt have babies under there and go release it a few miles away. It drives my cats crazy.

And we have fox that come pretty close to the house. I love foxes ♡

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yep!

It's deer central.

Deer have been out like crazy lately here.

I get up super early, I like to go for a run, pound some water and have some quiet time with coffee before the kids get up and my mom wakes up and I have to run around all morning for them. I gotta prepare.

So I'm sitting by the window drinking coffee and reading... I have the windows open because there is this incredible heavy flower scent outside here. And I heard a sound kinda like a horse, and there was a large doe right by my window. Scared the shit out of me lol. It took off before I could get a pic. But it was freakishly close.

And I have a giant racoon that has decided it likes to be under this trailer. You can hear the thing trilling loudly right under us. It sometimes sounds like its inside. I'm trying to trap it and make sure it doesnt have babies under there and go release it a few miles away. It drives my cats crazy.

And we have fox that come pretty close to the house. I love foxes ♡

We would have 10-30 white tails cross the road in broad daylight to get to our goodies... at night, up to a hundred. You could be washing dishes and peering out, then go 1...4.... 10...12... 21.... all of them trying to follow each other and get across the road covertly between vehicles, because the fruits were so good on the other side.

We had so many raccoons, foxes, squirrels... wolves....coyotes.... I loved hunting squirrels the best though... so plump...so tricky... I carried stones in my pockets to throw ahead. They'd circumnavigate a tree as you walked by them and stay quiet but if you readied your shotgun and threw a stone ahead, they'd briefly show themselves.

Once you shot 1-3 of them, they knew the score... best to go home, butcher them, and come back a day or two later. Squirrels are smarter than people give them credit for.

I love me some squirrel stew...my family was like "why you bothering with rodents?"

But even they loved my squirrel stews... with beer.

I got bit by a squirrel when I was 6-7... lulz....

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I havent seen the coyotes out here but we have heard them

Deer out here know when its hunting season and you never see them just walking around during it lol.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
I just had Amazon send some Huggies to @Stubby I haze the boy a lot, but hey come on, it's not his fault he is what he is.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A couple of tins of Mendo gold @ Mersey Wellness. Still buzzed from last night.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Roundup is the devil's milk.