What's the Longest Distance you've ever driven?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I love driving long distances. It's like therapy for me.
do u use cruise control? i cant stand it tbh

Never. It actually terrifies me lol

i rented a beemer last yr and the auto-avoidance feature kicked in and caused a crash behind me - for no reason, nobody was in front of me ffs

screw 'tech'.. i can park, go and stop without help

and i dont pay for sirius radio either

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Trouble is with all the gun violence in America might be the biggest worry.
:facepalm: Just don't get lost in the ghettos, Joe. It's not like average Americans are out on the streets having gun fights, ffs. HAHA.. You are funny :)

I tell him that all the time. Just stay out of democrat ran cities and it's fine.

He buys into the hype. I've lived here all my life and I've never even SEEN anyone get shot.
Yeah Dove, I'm not sure about a couple of these peeps from CanaDUH (lefties) I cringe when I hear some of their beliefs about the states. Joe especially, I'm always like, WTF? He seems like a good guy, but def gets his fill of leftwing propaganda, for sure LOL.. Sorry Joe :D
5SNbzYA.gif

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Northern Michigan to Ft Myers, FL.. bout 20 hours nonstop.. That was the first and last time I did that..lol.. I felt like shit when I got there.. Best taking 2 days

That sounds like a fun trip.

Maybe 1 day I'll drive from Toronto, Montreal , Atlantic Canada down the US EAST Coast down Florida up thru Louisiana up through the South & Midwerst & back up to Canada

It's true. There are so many nutjobs in the US. Doc here wants to take a road trip in the US with his wife, but he's worried about violence. I told him he was right to be worried.
just tell him 2 avoid the areas where they hold their guns sideways and hell be fine

I suspect an apt time to avoid driving through the US is during a presidential election year @Jeannie .

...and avoid wearing Red if at all possible....lest they end up dead ;-)

More likely to end up dead if they're wearing blue. in the red zones.
one can only hope

shouldnt u be breaking mirrors in a fun house somewhere?

Nah. I am doing precisely what I should be doing. Live with it.

u need a good slap from your husbands boyfriend

You mean my boyfriend? He would never slap me. But my boyfriend's gonna go over there and slap you while my husband and I deal with your husband and his multiple boyfriends. I hear they hump like rabbits right in front of you. You poor thing.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Northern Michigan to Ft Myers, FL.. bout 20 hours nonstop.. That was the first and last time I did that..lol.. I felt like shit when I got there.. Best taking 2 days

Maybe 1 day I'll drive from Toronto, Montreal , Atlantic Canada down the US EAST Coast down Florida up thru Louisiana up through the South & Midwerst & back up to Canada

It's true. There are so many nutjobs in the US. Doc here wants to take a road trip in the US with his wife, but he's worried about violence. I told him he was right to be worried.
just tell him 2 avoid the areas where they hold their guns sideways and hell be fine

I suspect an apt time to avoid driving through the US is during a presidential election year @Jeannie .

one can only hope

You mean my boyfriend? He would never slap me. But my boyfriend's gonna go over there and slap you while my husband and I deal with your husband and his multiple boyfriends. I hear they hump like rabbits right in front of you. You poor thing.
oh my. u got problems lol

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

one can only hope

oh my. u got problems lol

Nah. Life is goooooooddd.

DDT

Factory Bastard
I can't stand highway drivers who don't use cruise control. You annoying fuckers with your variable speed.
Yep. When I moved to my current home, the highway into town is perfect for cruise control... 90 km/h for 25 minutes. There are really no areas at all where one needs to slow down or otherwise adjust their speed. It is PERFECT for cruise control, and I enjoy using it when I can.

However, I have discovered that I am only one of three people on this earth that actually use cruise control. All the others like to alternate their speed for absolutely NO FUCKING REASON.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I can't stand highway drivers who don't use cruise control. You annoying fuckers with your variable speed.
Yep. When I moved to my current home, the highway into town is perfect for cruise control... 90 km/h for 25 minutes. There are really no areas at all where one needs to slow down or otherwise adjust their speed. It is PERFECT for cruise control, and I enjoy using it when I can.

However, I have discovered that I am only one of three people on this earth that actually use cruise control. All the others like to alternate their speed for absolutely NO FUCKING REASON.

So what is the farthest and longest distance you have ever driven, Mel/@DDT?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yeah... they pass you, then slow down, then pass you again....then slow down....so many of them even shoot you dirty looks like you're the fucking problem...

If the speed limit is 100 kph, I set my cruise control for 106. I know I'm going at least 101 kph.

But these city slicking butt fuckers don't like a vehicle cruising along in front of them....so they speed up and down.

DDT

Factory Bastard
I had a fairly regular run from Nogales, Arizona (which was right on the Mexican border, although in that part of the US you'd think you're in Mexico already), back up to BC (New Westminster) and Alberta (Calgary) when I was hauling produce a few years back.

That's probably as far as I've driven between two points.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I had a fairly regular run from Nogales, Arizona (which was right on the Mexican border, although in that part of the US you'd think you're in Mexico already), back up to BC (New Westminster) and Alberta (Calgary) when I was hauling produce a few years back.

So is it like a 12-14 hour shift with one driver shifting with another from the sleeper berth?

DDT

Factory Bastard
Yeah... they pass you, then slow down, then pass you again....then slow down....so many of them even shoot you dirty looks like you're the fucking problem...

If the speed limit is 100 kph, I set my cruise control for 106. I know I'm going at least 101 kph.

But these city slicking butt fuckers don't like a vehicle cruising along in front of them....so they speed up and down.
Yep. This region is somewhat popular with tourists, so I do afford them some slack as they may be unfamiliar with these highways, but it still irks me when they hamper my ability to cruise control into town... I usually set @ 10 km/h over the posted limit, since no cop in Canada will ticket for 10 over...

It's actually a pleasant, scenic drive, when I have the road to myself!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

So is it like a 12-14 hour shift with one driver shifting with another from the sleeper berth?

A 12-14 hour shift is standard...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yep. This region is somewhat popular with tourists, so I do afford them some slack as they may be unfamiliar with these highways, but it still irks me when they hamper my ability to cruise control into town... I usually set @ 10 km/h over the posted limit, since no cop in Canada will ticket for 10 over...

It's actually a pleasant, scenic drive, when I have the road to myself!

They ticket here though...

Anything over 3 kph's and you get a bill in the mail.

Australian government and cops are the biggest little faggot pussies I've ever experienced.

When one of them gets whacked in the news, I celebrate. Particularly if they shot in the head by their own side arm...

DDT

Factory Bastard

Australian government and cops are the biggest little faggot pussies I've ever experienced.

When one of them gets whacked in the news, I celebrate. Particularly if they shot in the head by their own side arm...
Australia seems to love their rules and regulations! Speed cams here are only a thing in some large cities, and even those are set to capture @ 15+ km/h over...

Cruisers monitoring with radar usually follow the same rule @ 15+ km/h above, except in school/playground zones.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Australia seems to love their rules and regulations! Speed cams here are only a thing in some large cities, and even those are set to capture @ 15+ km/h over...

Cruisers monitoring with radar usually follow the same rule @ 15+ km/h above, except in school/playground zones.

We get done by 3+ and the traffic and red light cameras are programmed for revenue...

DDT

Factory Bastard
We get done by 3+ and the traffic and red light cameras are programmed for revenue...
Are these a thing in rural areas too? Since I've moved rural, I hardly see cops on patrol here in general, and speed cams don't exist here.

Shit, I can even get away without wearing my seat belt should I prefer. Rural life in Canada is much different than in the big cities.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Are these a thing in rural areas too? Since I've moved rural, I hardly see cops on patrol here in general, and speed cams don't exist here.

Shit, I can even get away without wearing my seat belt should I prefer. Rural life in Canada is much different than in the big cities.

They even have facial recognition cameras in the middle of nowhere.

Poles go up everywhere and then you drive by and go.... oh fuck...

DDT

Factory Bastard
They even have facial recognition cameras in the middle of nowhere.

Poles go up everywhere and then you drive by and go.... oh fuck...
That's fucked up. I can understand surveillance in large urban centers with high crime rates, but not in rural areas.

I can't understand the Australian passion for 'safety at all costs,' but after seeing enough of a certain retired Australian cops posts, I'm not surprised...