A second war in Europe?

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
or OF America...

This is nothing more than a language issue really...
Only if you consider that language is the primary way (and especially on the 'nets), in our time, that humans communicate. Werdz have meaning. That's all I'm saying here.

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
or OF America...

This is nothing more than a language issue really...
Thanks Lily. I think it’s more. Could you imagine the benefits of the Americas if all agreed to operate as such?

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Thanks. The Americas is similar to the European Union. Most arrogant Mericans will never buy into the concept of the Americas
Well, I'm thrilled to hear I'm not one of them.
.. Nonetheless - "American" without a modifier like South, Central, North, refers only to people of the United States of.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think part of the issue here is those pesky brown people who speak a different language

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, I'm thrilled to hear I'm not one of them.
.. Nonetheless - "American" without a modifier like South, Central, North, refers only to people of the United States of.
I understand thats what they say, although it’s incorrect

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I understand thats what they say, although it’s incorrect
No - it isn't.
You yourself agreed that there are the "Americas", North, Central and South. Collectively they are not America.
. We who science know why.

Answer me this: When the term "ugly American" is used, does it mean Costa Ricans?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Only if you consider that language is the primary way (and especially ion the 'nets), in our time, that humans communicate. Werdz have meaning. That's all I'm saying here.

Right, we're United States citizens. If we address our citizenship we say we're United States citizens. We're not citizens of America.

That is legally what we are:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Right, we're United States citizens. If we address our citizenship we say we're United States citizens. We're not citizens of America.

That is legally what we are:
Dictionary
Definitions from
·

A·mer·i·can
/əˈmer(ə)k(ə)n/
adjective

1. relating to or characteristic of the United States or its
    "a leading American industrial company"
noun

1. 1.
    a native or citizen of the United States.
  2. 2.
    the English language as it is used in the United States; American English.

I rest my friggin case.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
If we address our citizenship we say we're United States citizens. We're not citizens of America.
We are the United States of "America".

If a Mexican says that he is of the United Mexican States - is he/she not Mexican?

This is the same as The United States of America (the states which united make up "America" the county). It might as well be the United American States, just as there might be a United States of Mexico. But "America(n)" refers only to the USA and no other, for reasons already stated - just as to be of the United Mexican States means to be Mexican and of Mexico..

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
No - it isn't.
You yourself agreed that there are the "Americas", North, Central and South. Collectively they are not America.
. We who science know why.

Answer me this: When the term "ugly American" is used, does it mean Costa Ricans?
Good point. Illiterates what a Donald Trump type of N. American is all about. No, I never hear Ticos use that term.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We are the United States of "America".

If a Mexican says that he is of the United Mexican States - is he/she not Mexican?

This is the same as The United States of America (the states which united make up "America" the county). It might as well be the United American States, just as there might be a United States of Mexico. But "America(n)" refers only to the USA and no other, for reasons already stated - just as to be of the United Mexican States means to be Mexican and of Mexico..

There is no United States of Mexico, it was changed years ago. Prove that I am a native of a country called "America" and we'll be square.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
There is no United States of Mexico, it was changed years ago. Prove that I am a native of a country called "America" and we'll be square.
English: Are all states in North, South, and Central America referred to as "States of America"? Are they all United?

No - okay, you're right then.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
From your own definition...it is as USED because of the language. An argument I used many posts ago.
Nooooo - That says that the brand of English used in the US is American (meaning of the US of A - the A being America as in American). LOLz + eyeroll smiley.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
English: Are all states in North, South, and Central America referred to as "States of America"? Are they all United?

No - okay, you're right then.

I don't know what you're trying to say there. However, what makes us unique is that we are a group of individual states united under one Constitution. It is the very idea of the United States that is most meaningful, in my opinion.

There are 23 countries in North, Central and South America. We are the only one that has over 50 states and territories under the jurisdiction of the United States Constitution. In my eyes, that is what makes us stand out among all the countries of the Americas.

If you care more about being "American", well, to each his own.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I don't know what you're trying to say there. However, what makes us unique is that we are a group of individual states united under one Constitution. It is the very idea of the United States that is most meaningful, in my opinion.

There are 23 countries in North, Central and South America. We are the only one that has over 50 states and territories under the jurisdiction of the United States Constitution. In my eyes, that is what makes us stand out among all the countries of the Americas.

If you care more about being "American", well, to each his own.
That's right There are no other states united as America. There are states united as Mexico. They are Mexico, not America. Maybe there are provinces or territories, but they are not united as "America". There are countries of North, South and Central America. None has a name incorporating "America" in it. The USA is the only county named America made up of a union of states. Mexico is a union of states called The United Mexican States.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I don't speak, read or write American. English is the language that I communicate in.
That's interesting.

Look up what that means in England, then think about what it means in the United States.
That will give you a start in understanding aMERICAN VERSUS THE VARIOUS VERSIONS OF bRITIS eNGKISH. eVEN aMERICAN eNGLISH HAS VERSIONS BUT THEY ARE DISTINCT FROM THAT SPOKENB IN THE uk.

Pardons - tapped the CAPS key - not yelling.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
That's right There are no other states united as America. There are states united as Mexico. They are Mexico, not America. Maybe there are provinces or territories, but they are not united as "America". There are countries of North, South and Central America. None has a name incorporating "America" in it. The USA is the only county named America made up of a union of states. Mexico is a union of states called The United Mexican States.

It's not the United Mexican States...LOOK it up.

We are not United as America. We are specifically The United STATES of America.

Any country, in the Americas could label themselves "of America..." if they so wished and they'd be right.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
It's not the United Mexican States...LOOK it up.
Okay - so each cartel controls a region.

The United Mexican States, commonly known as Mexico, is a federal republic in North America. It borders to the north with the United States; to the south ...

Nov 23, 2012 — On October 4, 1824, Mexico ratified its first-ever constitution as an independent country, a document known as the “Federal Constitution of ...

Mexico is divided into 31 states (estados) and 1 federal district. (distrito federal). The capital is Mexico City. SUBLOCAL. ENTITIES. Each state is divided ...
7 pages

etc etc etc.
We are not United as America.
Well, we are having issues but we are united as a nation under a Federal Constitution - so yeah we are.

Any country, in the Americas could label themselves "of America..."
No it can't - or if it could it didn't. In any case there is no continent, geographic/geological region called America. There are only those areas, which I have given the names of, and the countries therein - one of which and only one which incorporates the name America in it's name.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Okay - so each cartel controls a region.

The United Mexican States, commonly known as Mexico, is a federal republic in North America. It borders to the north with the United States; to the south ...

Nov 23, 2012 — On October 4, 1824, Mexico ratified its first-ever constitution as an independent country, a document known as the “Federal Constitution of ...

Mexico is divided into 31 states (estados) and 1 federal district. (distrito federal). The capital is Mexico City. SUBLOCAL. ENTITIES. Each state is divided ...
7 pages

etc etc etc.

Well, we are having issues but we are united as a nation under a Federal Constitution - so yeah we are.

No it can't - or if it could it didn't. In any case there is no continent, geographic/geological region called America. There are only those areas, which I have given the names of, and the countries therein - one of which and only one which incorporates the name America in it's name.

We don't have to agree on this issue. I know I'm right. I am a citizen of the United States. I am not a citizen of America.