A second war in Europe?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yes I do, and I say because that's the way it is. It ain't no other way.

We can agree to disagree. This is why wars are started, people can't simply agree to see things differently.

I wonder what my birth certificate says. Hmm, it's been awhile, but I'm betting under country it says "United States".

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I never bicker

Oh....really....

There is no United States of Mexico, it was changed years ago. Prove that I am a native of a country called "America" and we'll be square.
From your own definition...it is as USED because of the language. An argument I used many posts ago.
English: Are all states in North, South, and Central America referred to as "States of America"? Are they all United?

No - okay, you're right then.
Nooooo - That says that the brand of English used in the US is American (meaning of the US of A - the A being America as in American). LOLz + eyeroll smiley.
I don't know what you're trying to say there. However, what makes us unique is that we are a group of individual states united under one Constitution. It is the very idea of the United States that is most meaningful, in my opinion.

There are 23 countries in North, Central and South America. We are the only one that has over 50 states and territories under the jurisdiction of the United States Constitution. In my eyes, that is what makes us stand out among all the countries of the Americas.

If you care more about being "American", well, to each his own.
I don't speak, read or write American. English is the language that I communicate in.
That's right There are no other states united as America. There are states united as Mexico. They are Mexico, not America. Maybe there are provinces or territories, but they are not united as "America". There are countries of North, South and Central America. None has a name incorporating "America" in it. The USA is the only county named America made up of a union of states. Mexico is a union of states called The United Mexican States.
That's interesting.

Look up what that means in England, then think about what it means in the United States.
That will give you a start in understanding aMERICAN VERSUS THE VARIOUS VERSIONS OF bRITIS eNGKISH. eVEN aMERICAN eNGLISH HAS VERSIONS BUT THEY ARE DISTINCT FROM THAT SPOKENB IN THE uk.

Pardons - tapped the CAPS key - not yelling.
It's not the United Mexican States...LOOK it up.

We are not United as America. We are specifically The United STATES of America.

Any country, in the Americas could label themselves "of America..." if they so wished and they'd be right.
I don't care what the English think. They used words like "snog" for kissing. Snog sounds like something that comes out of one's nose in a violent sneeze.
Okay - so each cartel controls a region.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The United Mexican States, commonly known as Mexico, is a federal republic in North America. It borders to the north with the United States; to the south ...

Nov 23, 2012 — On October 4, 1824, Mexico ratified its first-ever constitution as an independent country, a document known as the “Federal Constitution of ...

Mexico is divided into 31 states (estados) and 1 federal district. (distrito federal). The capital is Mexico City. SUBLOCAL. ENTITIES. Each state is divided ...
7 pages

etc etc etc.

Well, we are having issues but we are united as a nation under a Federal Constitution - so yeah we are.

No it can't - or if it could it didn't. In any case there is no continent, geographic/geological region called America. There are only those areas, which I have given the names of, and the countries therein - one of which and only one which incorporates the name America in it's name.

And after all that....

We don't have to agree on this issue. I know I'm right. I am a citizen of the United States. I am not a citizen of America.

Then for sure we do not agree.

America is shorthand for the USA and for nothing else. Period

Oh, but there is more!!!!

So you say.
Yes I do, and I say because that's the way it is. It ain't no other way.
We can agree to disagree. This is why wars are started, people can't simply agree to see things differently.

I wonder what my birth certificate says. Hmm, it's been awhile, but I'm betting under country it says "United States".
..of where?
On my birth certificate. It's my best guess, it's been a long time since I've looked at it.
No - the United States of where? (cupshandbehindeartiltsheadtowardquestionee smiley)
Everyone in North, Central and South America are in America. It's the name of the continents. Duh.

That sure is a lot of "Not Bickering" !!!!!!

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Everyone in North, Central and South America are in America. It's the name of the continents. Duh.
No - the continents are North America and South America. I have already stated this. Together they are referred to as the Americas (North and South). There is no continent of America, and no collective of nations of America. There is only the United States of America, the country also known as America and also the United States.

Is America technically a continent?

Continent

A continent is one of Earth's seven main divisions of land. The continents are, from largest to smallest: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia.

Central America is embedded in a tectonic plate, but both the landmass and the plate are much smaller than those of the continents it bridges, North America and South America, so it is not considered to be a continent.

Science we must.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
it's United States of Army/Ammunition 'doods'
and someone should chop that This is USofAssholes pic
not me, i'm an extremely busy person

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't think it's necessary to get too nitpicky about the term American. Obviously America is a huge area consisting of two continents. BUT, the United States of America happens to be a country with a really stupid name and it's much easier to call citizens of the USA "Americans" than to call them United Statesians or some equally stupid shorthand for citizens of the United States of America. I tell people I am from the United States, or that I'm American. They know what I mean. They don't think I'm Brazilian or Canadian or Nicaraguan.

A lot of people here, when they hear you speaking English, assume you are English. I don't correct them by saying, "No, I'm United Statesian." I just say, "No, I'm American." And rather proudly, because the arrogant English here have a bad rep. Most Portuguese are really thrilled to learn one is American rather than English. No offense to you Limeys. My English friends all know about this phenomenon.

When I told my Brazilian dentist that I'm American, she laughed and said "I'm American, too." We both got the joke and we both knew where the other was from.

I'm pretty sure the USA is the only country in the Americas with "America" in their official name.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
No it isn't.
...and it is not only not obvious, it is not factual.
Let's just stick to the facts, shall we(?).
Oh, god. Did you fucking read the rest of my post, or do you only respond to the piece you want to nitpick? Holly, Holly, Holly...

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
North Carolina + South Carolina does not equal Carolina (there is no such place). Just saying.
. Same goes for the Dakotas. North plus South does not equal Dakota.
Likewizzo - North America + South America does not equal America. The USA = America.
. Now once upon a time there was the Dakota Territory...and there was once Pangaea, so we are all Pangaean. Out of Pangaea! We are all descended of something that crawled there. Feel the oneness.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
When I told my Brazilian dentist that I'm American, she laughed and said "I'm American, too." We both got the joke and we both knew where the other was from.
Exactly - it's a joke...a joke to think he's American when he is Brasilian - Brasil is in South America, not the United States. You know, it also occurs to me that that a person who was proud of their place of origin (in this case the dentist) would proudly exclaim "I am South American. I am Brasilian." Understandable that he shouldn't though.

Hope the toof is better.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Exactly - it's a joke...a joke to think he's American when he is Brasilian - Brasil is in South America, not the United States. You know, it also occurs to me that that a person who was proud of their place of origin (in this case the dentist) would proudly exclaim "I am South American. I am Brasilian." Understandable that he shouldn't though.

Hope the toof is better.
It's a she, and I think she is proud of being Brasileira. I asked her if she was Brazilian, and she said "YES!" Then, she said, I'm American, too! I love the sound of Brazilian Portuguese. I always tell Brazilians I meet that very thing.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
North Carolina + South Carolina does not equal Carolina (there is no such place). Just saying.
. Same goes for the Dakotas. North plus South does not equal Dakota.
Likewizzo - North America + South America does not equal America. The USA = America.
. Now once upon a time there was the Dakota Territory...and there was once Pangaea, so we are all Pangaean. Out of Pangaea! We are all descended of something that crawled there. Feel the oneness.
Technically, yes, but damn are you nitpicking or what?