Biden soon to exit race

Admin.

The Piltdown Man Did Nothing Wrong
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
While personally not being 100% sure this is the best option, it seems the party is thinking it's time for a reset.

If a fresh Candidate is what it takes to keep the senate and wh and retake the house, I'm all in.

Admin.

The Piltdown Man Did Nothing Wrong
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I just hope they put in someone who can win.
n1cV2Uk.png

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I've seen people on the news that mention Harris. Would she be any good?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access
Harris would make an awesomely attorney general. Gavin or Gretchen or both would work

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who would be a suitable replacement & how should the Democrats go about it @LotusBud ?

Should the Democrats hold an Open Convention like they did in previous elections?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Harris would make an awesomely attorney general. Gavin or Gretchen or both would work
Like Biden, Trump also has the same shortcoming - his advanced age @Seamajor

So 2 young/youthful candidates to counter him might be a good idea

However given the multiracial makeup of the Democratic party, someone like Harris might be competitive for them too.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I wonder what Democrats will say if they lose.
Actually I think the Democrats should worry less about losing, than getting blown out.

A political party can recover from a slight loss even if they lose the presidency but still maintain control of the Congress.

But if they lose everything and badly then it could take a long time to recover.

And by then the Republicans will have remade the US in it's own image.

Anyway I sense that Trump's support has peaked @Lily. So new candidates & a revised platform could make the Democrats competitive again.

Trump could lose since he makes his own share of gaffes & he has a tendency to lose it.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Factory Bastard
If Biden's replacement is anyone but Kamala it just shows how unserious the democrats really are.

They don't have time to build teams and infrastructure from scratch nevermind raise funding.

They. Don't. Have. Enough. Time.

Only Kamala can 'inherit' the war chest, network, etc. currently held and controlled by the Biden campaign.

I mean *I* already know they don't care if they lose to the republicans. The only loss that democrats truly fear is to a "progressive" insurgent within their own ranks. But if they try to swap out the entire Biden/Harris slate at this point it should be obvious to everyone else as well that the democrats are a deeply unserious party when it comes to "democracy" or governance. The democrats' sole purpose is to lure, entrap, and neutralize revolutionary energy within the electorate.

That's why they shoved Biden down your throats in the first place.
Have people already forgotten the 2020 primaries and caucuses?
It wasn't because 'only Biden could beat Trump'; that's absolute bullshit. Biden was elevated to block Bernie Sanders from getting the nomination.

Period. End of.

Skipping over Kamala with roughly FOUR months until the election would be the same game of silly buggers... they don't give any fucks about losing to republicans they just don't want anything in the democrat party power structure to fundamentally change and the democrat party power structure doesn't want Kamala.

Don't like it? Soak in it.
This is what you vote for when you vote for the duopoly.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
If Biden's replacement is anyone but Kamala it just shows how unserious the democrats really are.

...and yet Kamala isnt a terrible replacement either @Garraty_47 .

She is reasonably articulate.

Maybe Biden ought to resign altogether and let Kamala become President for the remainder of his term to assuage any doubts that she could do the job.

That would give the electorate an idea how she would govern.

She doesn't have to do that much, just let the current team govern & continue Biden's policies/agenda which prior to the debate were OK with about 50% of the voters.

It isnt that their policies which turned off supporters. It was Biden and his failing mental capacity.

Pair her up with some White Guy like Kentucky governor Bashear or Joe Manchin.

Just get a credible team together who demonstrate that they are competent moderately centrist and can govern.

A major deficit with Trump is that he's an ideas guy whom his supporters adore, but he doesn't have the knowledge to implement them. Plus he would often go ballistic on others including his own staff. And that was a major weakness of his first term which the Democrats could exploit if they offered a credible alternative to him.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Like Biden, Trump also has the same shortcoming - his advanced age @Seamajor

So 2 young/youthful candidates to counter him might be a good idea

However given the multiracial makeup of the Democratic party, someone like Harris might be competitive for them too.
Harris is a terrible person and she is very divisive. She cannot win.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Who would be a suitable replacement & how should the Democrats go about it @LotusBud ?

Should the Democrats hold an Open Convention like they did in previous elections?
Unfortunately, I don't know. But it should be someone who can conceivably win.

Larry Loungelizard

I appreciate irony as long as I'm not it's victim.
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
I'm going to post this one last time: Sen. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois must be Biden's replacement. She would be the reason I vote after a 24 year hiatus.

Case closed.

Benny420

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Unfortunately, I don't know. But it should be someone who can conceivably win.
So just toss the DEI hire to the curb? This won't bode well with all them Negros the democratic party wishes to court November 4th through the 6th.