Discourse on the left

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I watched this video last night. It's a discussion between Briahna Joy Gray (BJG) and Dr. Gabor Maté. It's not for right-wingers. I already know you'll just shit on the talk, you will be ignored. At least by me you will.

I strongly identify with Dr. Maté and what he says. He clearly is light years ahead, in terms of enlightenment, when it comes to this podcaster. He treats her with complete respect and compassion, but they're not on the same plane. Though it starts off with a discussion Gaza, and it gets back to it, BJG can't seem to help herself go in the direction of American political system. What he says about American politics so resonates with me. She turns in that direction in discussing RFK Jr, about the 19 min mark. He addresses her questions about the disillusionment with Bernie Sanders and his answer is exactly spot on about how I feel about most American "leftists" in power. Not the people, but the "leaders".

For those interested in thoughtful discussion that is serious and has some intellectual heft, it's worth listening to.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
**edited**
Whoops. Actually I think Anya is married to Garyzone's Max Blumenthal, not Aaron. LoL

His son, Aaron Mate, and Max Blumenthal's wife, Anya Parampil, are journalists who do excellent work both at
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and independently.

Last edited:

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I'm aware of his son Aaron's work. I wasn't aware of his wife's work. I'll have to look for it. Thanks for the tip.

I edited my previous post as Anya is married to Max Blumenthal, not Aaron.
My mistake.

All three are outstanding journalists though.