Hi, I am not Oak.

OP
OP
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Reality has a well-known liberal bias
So which of Sanders platform policies did you support and why?

Which one of Trumps policies were a disaster and why?

Medicare for all is the main one for me. He's the only person who really offered that. It works great in Europe and other countries with social democratic policies. Their life expectancy is higher than ours. Nobody in Germany or the UK has to debate on whether or not to call an ambulance. This capitalist healthcare system of ours is a total fucking failure.

Also in favor of his minimum wage increase. The arguments against it have been made since 1938. Minimum wage has to go up. It should match inflation, or at least get close to it. $15 is nowhere close to where it should be. If it matched inflation it would be at $24/h. Yeah, the price of things would go up a little. But more people would be able to afford to live. The poorest people in the country would see a wage increase. Everyone else can handle paying marginally more. This is called closing the wealth gap.

Also thought his college for all option was fantastic. Everyone should be able to go to college on the taxpayer's dime or at an affordable rate at least. Without debt. Like it was just decades ago in America. This is the only way we can compete in an international market. The gains from a more highly educated population are going to be exponential.

Trump didn't provide any of this. He didn't produce a healthcare plan. But the main thing he did was bring bigotry into acceptance. Massive conspiracy theorists are now getting center attention when they used to be relegated to tabloids like The National Inquirer. Trump is a fascist wannabe and a traitor to America, responsible for the insurrection at Capitol Hill. At this point his policy is irrelevant. He should be in prison.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Medicare for all is the main one for me. He's the only person who really offered that. It works great in Europe and other countries with social democratic policies. Their life expectancy is higher than ours. Nobody in Germany or the UK has to debate on whether or not to call an ambulance. This capitalist healthcare system of ours is a total fucking failure.

Also in favor of his minimum wage increase. The arguments against it have been made since 1938. Minimum wage has to go up. It should match inflation, or at least get close to it. $15 is nowhere close to where it should be. If it matched inflation it would be at $24/h. Yeah, the price of things would go up a little. But more people would be able to afford to live. The poorest people in the country would see a wage increase. Everyone else can handle paying marginally more. This is called closing the wealth gap.

Also thought his college for all option was fantastic. Everyone should be able to go to college on the taxpayer's dime or at an affordable rate at least. Without debt. Like it was just decades ago in America. This is the only way we can compete in an international market. The gains from a more highly educated population are going to be exponential.

Trump didn't provide any of this. He didn't produce a healthcare plan. But the main thing he did was bring bigotry into acceptance. Massive conspiracy theorists are now getting center attention when they used to be relegated to tabloids like The National Inquirer. Trump is a fascist wannabe and a traitor to America, responsible for the insurrection at Capitol Hill. At this point his policy is irrelevant. He should be in prison.
Leftard!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Leftard!

Powerful comeback!!!!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Leftard!

Powerful comeback!!!!
I don’t do leftarded drivel...it’s painful! TL;DR :Crazy:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Leftard!

Powerful comeback!!!!

Clearly. You went on a months long rampage to silence lefties.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Leftard!

Powerful comeback!!!!

Clearly. You went on a months long rampage to silence lefties.

Politics Free Zone

Deportation Moderator
Site Supporter ☠️
riqp4ws.png

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Trump did get rid of the fine that was placed on people who couldnt afford or didnt want to buy health insurance and he did bring down pharmaceutical prices, most notably insulin....which Biden ruined. People had been insulin hoarding and dying because it was so ungodly unaffordable.

Why would you automatically connect life expectancy to Medicare for all? There are many factors there that could be cultural that impact life expectancy. Like diet, excersize and actually getting regular healthcare ....many people in America have access but do not go to the doctor regularly, or are compliant with health care plans(example being people with diabetes who continue with shit diets...et).

Would you mind defining facism as you understand it?

And could you point to any of Trumps policies that were fascist?

It's interesting to me that you gave examples of policies you support that involve the government running health care and higher education but than criticize fascism. My understanding of fascism is state centralized everything. Like health care, education, housing, et.

Conspiracy theories are always on thing on every end of the spectrum, that's nothing new. Today people are more vulnerable to them likely because of well earned mistrust of the corporate media and politicains. I think they get brought and thumped in the mainstream so that the fringe can be used to discredit/dismiss the whole.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
OMG, Dovey. That is 100% NOT the definition of fascism. Stop getting your definitions of shit from Breitbart.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
OMG, Dovey. That is 100% NOT the definition of fascism. Stop getting your definitions of shit from Breitbart.

I got it from my grandmother and from history sources.

Fascism is when the state runs everything.

And if you think that is incorrect, why not just correct it. I literally asked.

What do you define as facism and what are some examples?

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

"Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

Don't try to explain to Dovey that she's fucking stupid. Even with the definition staring right in her ignorant face, she'll still make excuses like,

"My granny told me what Facism was, even though she never spent on day in school, nor does she have a degree in Political Science."

You can't teach someone with no education, when they're making shit up and trying to sound intelligent. Dovey has been proven to be one of thee dumbest bitches out here. Next to that fat, pussy flashing redneck whore, Succubus.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

The state and various other influential sectors of society which are all in cahoots with the government and regularly collude with one another, aka big tech, mainstream media, special interest lobby groups, etc.

What we have today is essentially left wing Fascism, where the Globalist, open borders, anti-white, Marxist, LGBT degenerates run the show and it's Conservatives and right wingers who are the persecuted ones.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

The state and various other influential sectors of society which are all in cahoots with the government and regularly collude with one another, aka big tech, mainstream media, special interest lobby groups, etc.

What we have today is essentially left wing Fascism, where the Globalist, open borders, anti-white, Marxist, LGBT degenerates run the show and it's Conservatives and right wingers who are the persecuted ones.

WRONG!!!!!

"Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
No. Fascism is not exclusively a right wing or 'Nazi' phenomenon, despite what the typical mainstream Jewish sources may say.

Fascism is the suppression of dissenting views, regardless of which side of the political spectrum they come from.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yes brainiac I know the altered definition.

Now define "alt right". And provide an example. One that applies to today's landscape.

Is "alt right" the new totalitarian far left? Because that's exactly how it was understood for a long time.

I'm not sure how a small government stance has become "fascism".

Go ahead and provide an example of any facist policies from the American right wing. Or even any form of censorship. One that can be cited.....and explain how is both "alt right" and "fascist".

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It's all very Orwellian.

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

WRONG!!!!!

I rec posts, not posters, just so we're clear on things, Flynn.
There is no such thing a left wing Fascism - which is a nouveau right-wing propaganda term.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

It's all very Orwellian.

Welcome to the Great Reset, no soy or gender reassignment surgery for me thanks.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

WRONG!!!!!

There is no such thing a left wing Fascism - which is a nouveau right-wing propaganda term.

Careful, your mangina is hanging out in this post.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

WRONG!!!!!

This is completely delusional.

Someone taught you very wrong things.

So you are saying that the left can go total authoritarian, have the state completely take over. Run every institution. Punish any and all dissent.....and it's not facist, because the left "cant be facist"?

You believe this?

Welp, this is how we are doomed to repeat history. The American left is treating 1984 like an instruction manual and you guys are cool because as long as it's the left doing it(it always has been....btw) it cannot be facist.

Right.