realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
593_1000.jpg

EIYyzETXYAM1txI.jpg

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Me too! I saw 223 and 556 ball ammo going for 64 cents a round. Fukin highway robbery! 45 ACP was about the same.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Here's a video for ya'll gun lovers, ie - Lokmeer:

...Eyewitness said a man pulled a gun out of his vehicle and attempted to engage the Fedex Indianapolis shooter who killled 8 people yesterday. But the challenger himself was gunned down and died.

So just goes back to what I've said all along...too slow on the draw to mount and fire gun & yer as good as dead against an assailant.

So I imagine you wouldn't wanna be carring a heavy gun in a firefight like that.

I'f I had one of my AR's and some dumb ass was spraying and praying, I could take him out from 100 yards away, at night, even if he was moving randomly. Fucker would most likely never know what hit him. You have to understand josephine, I shoot A LOT! This weekend, I'll probably go through:
50 308's
100 38's
50 357's
50 45 ACP
1?? 9mm
25 12ga
5 10ga

Now granted, thats amongst me and my 2 boys, but by the end of the day, we'll be much less inclined to flinch and be cognizant of switching grip style depending on use of revolver or pistol. The revolver will be switched in a few times to ensure proper grip change. If you hold a pistol like a revolver, you'll trim off the top of your thumb BTW. While somewhat unlikely, you can seriously injure a finger if its near the front end of the cylinder while firing.
Only me and my 18yo fire the over/under 10ga...just for shits and giggles. This weekend will be the first time we fire the AR-10 which is a 308 caliber. Shooting 7.62 X 51's through it tho.

...yet in all seriousness, I think in extraordinary situations like this, it's almost like counter-terrorism.

Sure ya gotta know how to fire a gun, but gotta know what to do. Would you?

The Eyewitness said the challenger went back to his vehicle, which in itself, the way he went about it, must have been a mistake. And if the challenger fired at the shooter, wouldn't he hide behind the car?

You see, there's just littledetalis like that, which aren't really related to shooting a gun, but know what to do, how not to expose one's self like that. Evidently, the challenger at getting to his weaon and firing it in time.

I don't think you can approach a counter-terrorist situation like that like a hobbyist at a shooting range.

There's a reason why a policemean can and usually takes his game/challenger down. They're so well trained, not just in firing a gun at the shooting range, but how to react and manoeuvre in those kind of situations so they themslves don't get killed or gunned down.

So I suspect you'd be better off learning counterterrosim techniques or marital arts to combat and assilant in those situations?

No? What do you think?

Question is, what weapon did he have? Rifle against pistol is about like a pistol against a knife. I'm saying that anyone with a semi auto rifle could engage the shooter from a distance of 50 to 100 yards at night and the shooter wouldnt even know WTF was happening for the first several seconds just like most of the victims didnt know. I wouldnt try to engage someone who had an AR with my 9mm. Thats a fools errand.

Anyways, something to think about.

BTW, even in Canada where gun deaths of this sort are much lower, we still have our share.
There were a couple of incidents of home invasions, deadliy shootings.

So...while I'm not opposed to owning and using guns for self-defence, being trained appropriately to respond if need be must be of high importance.

also a Canadian mentality is a bit diff than an American with a Gun .... we're not retarded

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

...Eyewitness said a man pulled a gun out of his vehicle and attempted to engage the Fedex Indianapolis shooter who killled 8 people yesterday. But the challenger himself was gunned down and died.

So just goes back to what I've said all along...too slow on the draw to mount and fire gun & yer as good as dead against an assailant.

So I imagine you wouldn't wanna be carring a heavy gun in a firefight like that.

I'f I had one of my AR's and some dumb ass was spraying and praying, I could take him out from 100 yards away, at night, even if he was moving randomly. Fucker would most likely never know what hit him. You have to understand josephine, I shoot A LOT! This weekend, I'll probably go through:
50 308's
100 38's
50 357's
50 45 ACP
1?? 9mm
25 12ga
5 10ga

Now granted, thats amongst me and my 2 boys, but by the end of the day, we'll be much less inclined to flinch and be cognizant of switching grip style depending on use of revolver or pistol. The revolver will be switched in a few times to ensure proper grip change. If you hold a pistol like a revolver, you'll trim off the top of your thumb BTW. While somewhat unlikely, you can seriously injure a finger if its near the front end of the cylinder while firing.
Only me and my 18yo fire the over/under 10ga...just for shits and giggles. This weekend will be the first time we fire the AR-10 which is a 308 caliber. Shooting 7.62 X 51's through it tho.

...yet in all seriousness, I think in extraordinary situations like this, it's almost like counter-terrorism.

The Eyewitness said the challenger went back to his vehicle, which in itself, the way he went about it, must have been a mistake. And if the challenger fired at the shooter, wouldn't he hide behind the car?

You see, there's just littledetalis like that, which aren't really related to shooting a gun, but know what to do, how not to expose one's self like that. Evidently, the challenger at getting to his weaon and firing it in time.

I don't think you can approach a counter-terrorist situation like that like a hobbyist at a shooting range.

There's a reason why a policemean can and usually takes his game/challenger down. They're so well trained, not just in firing a gun at the shooting range, but how to react and manoeuvre in those kind of situations so they themslves don't get killed or gunned down.

So I suspect you'd be better off learning counterterrosim techniques or marital arts to combat and assilant in those situations?

No? What do you think?

Question is, what weapon did he have? Rifle against pistol is about like a pistol against a knife. I'm saying that anyone with a semi auto rifle could engage the shooter from a distance of 50 to 100 yards at night and the shooter wouldnt even know WTF was happening for the first several seconds just like most of the victims didnt know. I wouldnt try to engage someone who had an AR with my 9mm. Thats a fools errand.

BTW, even in Canada where gun deaths of this sort are much lower, we still have our share.

So...while I'm not opposed to owning and using guns for self-defence, being trained appropriately to respond if need be must be of high importance.

also a Canadian mentality is a bit diff than an American with a Gun .... we're not retarded

You're gay as hell.

X

xXx
Site Supporter

50 308's
100 38's
50 357's
50 45 ACP
1?? 9mm
25 12ga
5 10ga

No? What do you think?

You're gay as hell.

and you're retarded
simple really, a weak pussied bum stabber who feels he needs a gun ... lolol you're a caricture of the American idiot

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have about 40-50lbs of ammo. Y'all got me beat though lol.
That made me curious.... My 9 FMJ's are all loose and in 2 small air tight cans. 2500 rounds of 9mm weighs about 37 lbs. My one big can of 10mm is 38 lbs as is my can of 45ACP. 1080 223's weigh 28 lbs and 500 308's weigh 30lbs...but they're in a metal can. I'd say they're about the same in ammo weight.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
That made me curious.... My 9 FMJ's are all loose and in 2 small air tight cans. 2500 rounds of 9mm weighs about 37 lbs. My one big can of 10mm is 38 lbs as is my can of 45ACP. 1080 223's weigh 28 lbs and 500 308's weigh 30lbs...but they're in a metal can. I'd say they're about the same in ammo weight.

134 pounds! Nice!

Most my rounds are for the 30.30, followed by 12 gauge rounds, then revolver ammo for both my pistols.

Only reason I knew how much it all weighed, was cause there was a flood coming, and I wasnt losing my ammo, and had it all thrown into an ALICE pack lol.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

134 pounds! Nice!

Most my rounds are for the 30.30, followed by 12 gauge rounds, then revolver ammo for both my pistols.

Only reason I knew how much it all weighed, was cause there was a flood coming, and I wasnt losing my ammo, and had it all thrown into an ALICE pack lol.
I bought a real nice range bag last year at Shooters World in Orlando but its mainly for carrying handguns, safety equipment, and a few boxes of ammo. I try to keep ammo in sealed cans since I have so much of it. I doubt I'll ever shoot everything I have so I want to make sure its good when its handed down. If I weighed it all, its probably closer to 250 lbs. Hopefully, we move in a few years so I can buy a bigger safe to keep it all in. Right now, the safe I have will barely hold all the guns.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

134 pounds! Nice!

I bought a real nice range bag last year at Shooters World in Orlando but its mainly for carrying handguns, safety equipment, and a few boxes of ammo. I try to keep ammo in sealed cans since I have so much of it. I doubt I'll ever shoot everything I have so I want to make sure its good when its handed down. If I weighed it all, its probably closer to 250 lbs. Hopefully, we move in a few years so I can buy a bigger safe to keep it all in. Right now, the safe I have will barely hold all the guns.

Hell yeah man!

I just have a regular gun cabinet. The bottom is full of ammo.

Im happy with the guns I have, but would eventually like to get a longer range rifle, like a 30.06. Would also like to get a pocket pistol like a .38 or .380.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

134 pounds! Nice!

Hell yeah man!

Im happy with the guns I have, but would eventually like to get a longer range rifle, like a 30.06. Would also like to get a pocket pistol like a .38 or .380.
30-06 is probably the best choice for a high powered rifle other than maybe a 308. Sure, the 6.5 Creedmore is the hot ticket right now but the 30-06 has been around for 100+ years so you're more likely to find ammo in a SHTF situation. The 308 doesnt have as good of ballistics but its also a military round so like 9mm, its easy to find. I just cant believe how expensive ammo is right now. The 308's I looked at this weekend were $1.60 to $2.00 per round! Granted, those were Federal Premium and Hornady but still.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The five most popular hunting calibers around here are.. .308 .30-06 .300wm .338wm and 7mmRemMag..

Some guys use a .30-30 but in my opinion it's to under powered here in Grizz country.
300 win mag is my personal favorite for a magnum round but thats just because I grew up with it and saw its effect on white tails. Its not for everyone though. Many dont care for the recoil out of a bolt gun.

• Agree!
Reactions: Ice

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

134 pounds! Nice!

Hell yeah man!

30-06 is probably the best choice for a high powered rifle other than maybe a 308. Sure, the 6.5 Creedmore is the hot ticket right now but the 30-06 has been around for 100+ years so you're more likely to find ammo in a SHTF situation. The 308 doesnt have as good of ballistics but its also a military round so like 9mm, its easy to find. I just cant believe how expensive ammo is right now. The 308's I looked at this weekend were $1.60 to $2.00 per round! Granted, those were Federal Premium and Hornady but still.

Yup, 30-06 is what I will get eventually!

I cant believe the pricing either. Poor man cant afford to target practice lol.

I would hope when things settle down, if they ever do, that pricing would come down again. But I dont see it happening.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
The five most popular hunting calibers around here are.. .308 .30-06 .300wm .338wm and 7mmRemMag..

Some guys use a .30-30 but in my opinion it's to under powered here in Grizz country.

When I went to choose a hunting rifle, for deer, it was a close call between 30-30 and 30-06. I went with the 30-30 cause of it being so wooded around here, and didnt need the long range.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
My go to hunting rifle for the last 40+ years is a Winchester model 70 in .30-06 and couple that with 180gr Winchester Ballistic silvertips and there ain't nothing in North America that I couldn't put down.