~ Murdy’s Advice Column ~

OP
OP
Murdy

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Did Joe ever stir shit with the old computer geek?

I can almost guarantee that Joe is going to get knocked out if he fucks with the guy.

I have a lawyer. I'm going to see him next week about the matter.

Anyways, your a businessman. If a business owner is reported for failing to declare his earnings to the government, will they investigate him? I saw a Government of Canada website for reporting tax cheats.

This might also lead to an audit, right?

Guy wasn't nice to me, and accused me of trying to cheat him, inferring that I reminded him of clients who cheated him years ago. I mean WTF? I was attempting to pay him & settle the bill amicably & then he picks a fight with me. Judging from your posts I don't think you're the kind of guy take that type of abuse either.

I resent being made a revenge target for something I didn't do. Blaming me for past wrongs committed by someone else. If the idiot didn't get paid by deadbeat clients it was his own fault because he should have collected a retainer for his services. 1/2 down payment at least. At lot of his prior troubles stemmed from his inability to understand the fundamentals of business consulting.

...wouldn’t you agree that is normal business contracting, Prowler?

Joe, what does breach of contract matter when you blatantly refuse to mitigate your own damages and constantly devalue your claim?

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

Figure out what your damages are BEFORE you waste the $300+ for a consultation with an attorney who isn’t going to map this out for you. Then report his ass anonymously to the IRS.

If the guy had been nicer and more respectful, played by the rules I wouldn't bother. Even if he said he thought he deserved more money for his efforts, I could accept that.

What I don't accept is when I paid in full, he didn't say Thank You or provide me with a receipt, then kicks me below the belt. That's a way of saying "Fuck Off" to a person.

So I don't want him to get away with that.

I dont think you understand and it goes back to your OP about why men can be such brutes towards women.

It's their way of exerting their dominance over women and other men. Their way of validating themselves by going on a power trips like that.

If you don't stand up to people like that they do it to others.

take all the emotion out of this… and don’t let him get away with it

Thanks for the info.

I can easily contact the tax department about suspected tax fraud.

If he's collecting revenues without paying taxes they'll wanna know.

I don't really wanna do that tho.

It seems like a Nuclear option.

It is a nuclear option and not economically feasible if you have any chance at recovery for your damages

Attorneys don’t give a shit about contractual breach without damages… just an FYI. Don’t pay $5 to get $1 in return.

I don't care about the money.

I just want to teach him a lesson.

Anyone who plays these male dominance games on others should get a taste of their own medicine.

Likewise men who abuse women should also know what it feels like by getting reciprocal treatment.

This guy complained to me about how hard done by he was by his ex wife after she kicked him out of the house, divorced him & made him pay support payments.

After this experience I'm now inclined to think he was lying and he abused her.

I can almost guarantee that Joe is going to get knocked out if he fucks with the guy.

Anyways, your a businessman. If a business owner is reported for failing to declare his earnings to the government, will they investigate him? I saw a Government of Canada website for reporting tax cheats.

Guy wasn't nice to me, and accused me of trying to cheat him, inferring that I reminded him of clients who cheated him years ago. I mean WTF? I was attempting to pay him & settle the bill amicably & then he picks a fight with me. Judging from your posts I don't think you're the kind of guy take that type of abuse either.

I resent being made a revenge target for something I didn't do. Blaming me for past wrongs committed by someone else. If the idiot didn't get paid by deadbeat clients it was his own fault because he should have collected a retainer for his services. 1/2 down payment at least. At lot of his prior troubles stemmed from his inability to understand the fundamentals of business consulting.

Joe, what does breach of contract matter when you blatantly refuse to mitigate your own damages and constantly devalue your claim?

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

Figure out what your damages are BEFORE you waste the $300+ for a consultation with an attorney who isn’t going to map this out for you. Then report his ass anonymously to the IRS.

If the guy had been nicer and more respectful, played by the rules I wouldn't bother. Even if he said he thought he deserved more money for his efforts, I could accept that.

What I don't accept is when I paid in full, he didn't say Thank You or provide me with a receipt, then kicks me below the belt. That's a way of saying "Fuck Off" to a person.

I dont think you understand and it goes back to your OP about why men can be such brutes towards women.

It's their way of exerting their dominance over women and other men. Their way of validating themselves by going on a power trips like that.

Thanks for the info.

It is a nuclear option and not economically feasible if you have any chance at recovery for your damages

Attorneys don’t give a shit about contractual breach without damages… just an FYI. Don’t pay $5 to get $1 in return.

Anyone who plays these male dominance games on others should get a taste of their own medicine.

Likewise men who abuse women should also know what it feels like by getting reciprocal treatment.

This guy complained to me about how hard done by he was by his ex wife after she kicked him out of the house, divorced him & made him pay support payments.

no one gives a shit until you hit them where it counts = in the wallet

Reputation is important too.

Who's gonna wanna do business with a guy who steals their property or abuses them?

I'm thinking this guy should be run out of business entirely. I think he's dangerous. What if I was a woman? And he made threats and tried to overpower a woman like that.

See the major difference between men and women is men don't back down and they fight back.

Women say shit like.." Oh life's too short."

But men say " Life is never too short to get even."

we don't let things go with other men.

I'm not the guy's mother, wife or girlfriend.

I'm his adversary.

Joe, this sounds like old fashioned chivalry. Go get him! Do it for her if not for yourself.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Cancel the appointment with your lawyer. You have way more to lose than to gain here.

Either grab the guy by the throat and tell him to give you a receipt and the software license documentation, or walk away.

You go through any of the legal bullshit you are talking about, and you just might be asking for all kinds of trouble. Revenge can be a bitch, Joe.

Take care of it like a man and sleep easy.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

What I don't accept is when I paid in full, he didn't say Thank You or provide me with a receipt, overcharges me, then kicks me below the belt. That's a way of saying "Fuck Off" to a person.

I agree all of that is correct. Where I disagree with you is where you are going to demonstrate to a court that you have legal damages much less legal damages in excess of court costs. It all comes back to your opportunity costs, cost of time, and cost of available money. This is a nole hill not a mountain, so, simply chalk it up as a minor lesson learned and move on. Or, if you prefer, you can sink thousands of dollars and dozens of hours into this mole hile in order to get very little to nothing in return.

I agree with Murdy. Report him to the Canadian version of the IRS as a parting fuck you and go about your life.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
See the major difference between men and women is men don't back down and they fight back.

You are out to lunch, Joe.

You are dealing with this like a woman, not like a man. What is wrong with you? Fuckin' lawyers and reporting income tax fraud...you are just fuckin' oblivious to the fact that if you pull this shit, you are asking for a world of trouble.

This guy will respect you if you square off with him over this. Win or lose, he will respect you and he will play by the rules. In other words, you beat his ass, he will give you a receipt and the software license. You get your ass beat, you know where you stand and you walk away without the receipt and license. But he will respect you and it will be over.

But you bring the guy to court. You pull some shit with the CRA. He will owe you. And the rule book is tossed out the window. So you better sleep with one eye open. You better get ready to be jumped any fuckin' time. He will not give you the proper respect of facing you like a man. He will know that you are a pussy and would depend on the law if things get rough. So he will have to do it without being identified.

You have only two good options, Joe. (1) Suck it up and let it be. Forget it. Get over it. Decide it is not worth the hassle and move on with your life. Or (2) Confront the guy face-to-face, one-on-one when you are alone. Tell him to give him what you want or you will fight him over it. You might get lucky and he will just hand it over without any bloodshed. Or, you might have to fight him.

OP
OP
Murdy

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
@Joe

If you fight him, you could be sued by him for any bodily injury harm you inflict. If he obtains a judgement against you, that will accrue 10% interest per year here in the US.

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

Proceed with caution with respect to The Prowlers advice… though I agree that this dude deserves an ass beating.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

Thanks for the info.

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

Thanks for the info.

no one gives a shit until you hit them where it counts = in the wallet

Reputation is important too.

Who's gonna wanna do business with a guy who steals their property or abuses them?

I'm thinking this guy should be run out of business entirely. I think he's dangerous. What if I was a woman? And he made threats and tried to overpower a woman like that.

I'm not the guy's mother, wife or girlfriend.

I'm his adversary.

Joe.....maybe I missed something.

But why all this fuss over a receipt? Why not just cut the losses and move on? It's not so much that life is short......its more about choosing battles wisely.

The guy is a dick, you arent going to change him. Why not just give him a poor review and let it go? It just doesnt seem worth it.

What's this REALLY about? Is it a control thing? Do you feel bullied? It's okay that happens....we all feel bullied sometimes but you dont want to give your opposition this much power(because while you are upset and wanting some form of justice, you are actually giving this person power).

Really think on this, because it really doesnt seem worth the bother. More so is this about the ego. You are disrupting your own peace and inviting in what could turn out to be more trouble than it's worth.

Never make a move out of anger. Always let that settle and led with your MIND, not feelings or a hurt ego. DONT be petty. It's a bitter taste later.

Some people are just pricks, Joe. The only thing in this universe you have control over is yourself, I know that sounds cheesy but its true. Really ask yourself if doing something out of anger because some prick was a prick is worth how you view yourself or the energy you put out there.

Dont disrupt your energy or waste resources on this. It's really not worth it at all.

Last edited:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

You're really still on about this shit?

And people wonder why threads get hijacked around here ... it's almost like a mercy killing at this point

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
I'm willing to loan Joe a gun for this entanglement on the solid promise that he uses it on himself first before he goes after this guy about this fucking receipt

OP
OP
Murdy

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Why is an avowed Murdock hater on her thread?

attention whoring of thee WORST kind…

And this is after they vowed publicly to NEVER have anything to do with me ever again :LOL3: :LOL3: :LOL3:

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

avoid toxic people like the plague… they have ZERO boundaries or self-respect

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

And this is after they vowed publicly to NEVER have anything to do with me ever again :LOL3: :LOL3: :LOL3:

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

Color me confused, but wasn't it just Duhv that said she wanted nothing to do with you forever and ever and ever again?

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
iu

OP
OP
Murdy

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

Color me confused, but wasn't it just Duhv that said she wanted nothing to do with you forever and ever and ever again?

Exactamundo!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

~ Murdy’s Advice ~

Exactamundo!

I didn't know "she" was going by they now. lol

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

And people wonder why threads get hijacked around here ... it's almost like a mercy killing at this point

Hey Bigly, legal issues aside, as an IT Professional, I want your opinion on how long and difficult this assignment I gave the guy was and long it should have taken him.

Maybe Admin knows the answer too.

I asked him to upgrade my computer containing room for 4 hard drives on a Mac.

drive_bays_big.jpg

I asked him to install Mac OS X versions 10.7 - 10.13 partitioned on bay 1 containing the first hard drive

I wanted MAC OS X 10.14/15 on Bay 2

And Windows 7 on Bay 3

windows 10 on bay 4.

...The guy told me this project 8 days, 10 hours a day to figure out and configure

So he said it took him at least 80 hours to do.

...How long would it take you to do something like that?

How long do you think such a project should take a seasoned IT Professional to complete?

Reason I ask is that I question the guy's level of competence.

And I got the feeling he didn't understand Windows systems very well and they work in relation to one another.

Didn't seem to understand that Windows requires NTFS? Isn't that what you said?

Now...I understand it's hard to mix apples and oranges - like putting windows on a Mac Intel computer, but I thought He took a long time and he was prone to error given his limitations.

One problem of such such systems is that the installer has to download bootcomap to make windows work on a Mac.

Sindy666

Factory Bastard

Hey Bigly, legal issues aside, as an IT Professional, I want your opinion on how long and difficult this assignment I gave the guy was and long it should have taken him.

Maybe Admin knows the answer too.

I asked him to upgrade my computer containing room for 4 hard drives on a Mac.

drive_bays_big.jpg

I asked him to install Mac OS X versions 10.7 - 10.13 partitioned on bay 1 containing the first hard drive

I wanted MAC OS X 10.14/15 on Bay 2

And Windows 7 on Bay 3

windows 10 on bay 4.

...The guy told me this project 8 days, 10 hours a day to figure out and configure

So he said it took him at least 80 hours to do.

...How long would it take you to do something like that?

How long do you think such a project should take a seasoned IT Professional to complete?

Reason I ask is that I question the guy's level of competence.

And I got the feeling he didn't understand Windows systems very well and they work in relation to one another.

Didn't seem to understand that Windows requires NTFS? Isn't that what you said?

Now...I understand it's hard to mix apples and oranges - like putting windows on a Mac Intel computer, but I thought He took a long time and he was prone to error given his limitations.

One problem of such such systems is that the installer has to download bootcomap to make windows work on a Mac.

Seems like you approached it all the wrong way, you should have just created virtual machines for the other operating systems, fast and easy... Also if you're such an IT professional why not just do it all yourself to begin with?

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

You are dealing with this like a woman, not like a man. What is wrong with you? Fuckin' lawyers and reporting income tax fraud...you are just fuckin' oblivious to the fact that if you pull this shit, you are asking for a world of trouble.

This guy will respect you if you square off with him over this. Win or lose, he will respect you and he will play by the rules. In other words, you beat his ass, he will give you a receipt and the software license. You get your ass beat, you know where you stand and you walk away without the receipt and license. But he will respect you and it will be over.

But you bring the guy to court. You pull some shit with the CRA. He will owe you. And the rule book is tossed out the window. So you better sleep with one eye open. You better get ready to be jumped any fuckin' time. He will not give you the proper respect of facing you like a man. He will know that you are a pussy and would depend on the law if things get rough. So he will have to do it without being identified.

You have only two good options, Joe. (1) Suck it up and let it be. Forget it. Get over it. Decide it is not worth the hassle and move on with your life. Or (2) Confront the guy face-to-face, one-on-one when you are alone. Tell him to give him what you want or you will fight him over it. You might get lucky and he will just hand it over without any bloodshed. Or, you might have to fight him.

Joe is in his 60's and has a permanent limp after getting trampled at a particularly boisterous LGBT Pride event which was taking place near his condo..... his fighting days are definitely over.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Joe is in his 60's and has a permanent limp after getting trampled at a particularly boisterous LGBT Pride event which was taking place near his condo..... his fighting days are definitely over.

Funny thing you should mention it.

I nearly got run over by a car last night. It was right next to the condo. It was on a quiet side street. I think it was an Uber driver trying to out race someone else to get to get to his next ride.

Managed ta dodge the car at the last second. Mind you I twisted or sprained my hip in the process because I had today move quickly to avoid the car. I'm sore & recovering today. At the time it felt like I dislocated my hip. Last time I had that feeling was when I tore the ligaments in my legs outrunning a bear.

I may be aging but at least I still have the reflexes of a gazelle.

Funny how times never seem to change. The streets are as mean as they ever were but getting worse.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I nearly got run over by a car last night. It was right next to the condo. It was on a quiet side street. I think it was an Uber driver trying to out race someone else to get to get to his next ride.

Managed ta dodge the car at the last second. Mind you I twisted or sprained my hip in the process because I had today move quickly to avoid the car. I'm sore & recovering today. At the time it felt like I dislocated my hip. Last time I had that feeling was when I tore the ligaments in my legs outrunning a bear.

Funny how times never seem to change. The streets are as mean as they ever were but getting worse.

Oh well.

You should just STFU... nobody cares about anything you say....nobody respects you as a troll Or as an intellectual...

People think you're an idiot, and I'm not far behind on that prognosis...

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Crazy? People think youre a women. Maybe you should check in with Murdy? You need advice badly.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

Oh well.

Blurt's probably put out another hit on you.

Stay safe, Joseph!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh well.

Stay safe, Joseph!

I'very offended Blurt far too many times. It is very sensitive & is easily hurt by what It senses are anywhere the slightest transphobic remarks.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Oh well.

Stay safe, Joseph!

I'very offended Blurt far too many times. It is very sensitive & is easily hurt by what It senses are anywhere the slightest transphobic remarks.

He seems to come across very chill and open minded type but then he is one of the most passive aggressive and condescending posters. He can really miss the mark when it comes to understanding others.

I like him and all but he can really be a snot.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh well.

Stay safe, Joseph!

He seems to come across very chill and open minded type but then he is one of the most passive aggressive and condescending posters. He can really miss the mark when it comes to understanding others.

I like him and all but he can really be a snot.

What do you expect?

He's French.

They're all like that and they look down on everybody

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oh well.

Stay safe, Joseph!

I think he must find it tedious to be insulted by someone he seems to have very little respect for, at least from how I see it as an observer.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Oh well.

Stay safe, Joseph!

I think he must find it tedious to be insulted by someone he seems to have very little respect for, at least from how I see it as an observer.

Mind you for someone who thinks It's smarter than everybody else, Blurt sure loses a Lotta arguments.