Share Some Stories From Your Life With Your Fellow VIP Members

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
*Has anything ever happened to you in your life that you'd like to share? Lay it on us.

This is a little embarrassing, but it happened a long time so ago so I'll share. When I first got into computers roughly 12 years ago I was ready to pay for Malwarebytes. My friend told me to go to PirateBay and download it, and he would show me how to install it correctly. I figured what the hell, I'll save a few bucks, so I agreed. After the installation I ran a scan with it and it detected one infection. I checked to see what and it said this: "Don't Steal Our Software". I thought I was going to have a stroke. I never uninstalled a program so fast in my life!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Because I was raised in a charismatic pentecostal church, as a child I believed that when I grew up I was gonna be beheaded by the antichrist.

I was told the antichrist was going to come and that I would be given the option of taking the "mark of the beast"....which I thought was gonna be a 666 tattoo on my forehead....which would damn me to hell forever if I took it and if I didnt take it I would have my head cut off but I'd go home to Jesus.

So began my life long anxiety disorder.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm trying to think of a story from my life that I'd like to share with whinging trolls. When I think of something, I'll be back.

Admin.

This ain't Texas (woo), ain't. no hold'm woo woo
Site Supporter ☠️
The day I nearly died...

Nice early spring day, I'd come home earlier from College than normal so I could get a bike ride in, since it was the first day without rain in awhile...I put on my bike riding clothes and decided I should eat something, so I ate a can of Pineapple and mixed up a glass of OJ with a big tablespoon of brewers yeast in it (I was a health nut in those days) I don't know what happened but the brewers yeast had stayed congealed in a ball maybe the size of a walnut, and it was lodged in my throat blocking any air I might want to breath, I knew immediately I was in trouble and neither of the roomies were home I went out to the front window to see if there was anyone out there that could heimlich me, there wasn't but that neighbor over the backyard fence was mowing his lawn...we had a chain link fence with those vinyl privacy strips...I decided it might be hard to get that guy's attention, so I thought screw it, I'll heimlich myself I pulled out a dining table chair and tried to heimlich myself over the back, the chair back was too high I couldn't get any leverage, I tried slamming my body against the wall a few times to try and break it lose to no avail, my peripheral vision was starting to fade to black and I knew time was wasting and decided to go ahead and try to get the neighbor out back as I threw open the sliding glass door I tripped and fell flat on my face on the concrete deck....I tried getting up, but didn't have any strength left, suddenly a feeling of calm came over me and I started thinking this is it, I am going to lay here on the deck and die choking on some GD health food! a sense of calm came over here as I laid there....after a couple moments I started hearing a loud wheezing sound and realized I was able to almost take a breath with a lot of effort, each attempt at inhaling slowly, got easier and easier and here I am able to tell you all about it.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Because I was raised in a charismatic pentecostal church, as a child I believed that when I grew up I was gonna be beheaded by the antichrist.

I was told the antichrist was going to come and that I would be given the option of taking the "mark of the beast"....which I thought was gonna be a 666 tattoo on my forehead....which would damn me to hell forever if I took it and if I didnt take it I would have my head cut off but I'd go home to Jesus.

So began my life long anxiety disorder.
If you truly accept Jesus as your savior you'll be raptured before the Antichrist and his goons can harm you. :ThumbsUp1:

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
The day I nearly died...

Nice early spring day, I'd come home earlier from College than normal so I could get a bike ride in, since it was the first day without rain in awhile...I put on my bike riding clothes and decided I should eat something, so I ate a can of Pineapple and mixed up a glass of OJ with a big tablespoon of brewers yeast in it (I was a health nut in those days) I don't know what happened but the brewers yeast had stayed congealed in a ball maybe the size of a walnut, and it was lodged in my throat blocking any air I might want to breath, I knew immediately I was in trouble and neither of the roomies were home I went out to the front window to see if there was anyone out there that could heimlich me, there wasn't but that neighbor over the backyard fence was mowing his lawn...we had a chain link fence with those vinyl privacy strips...I decided it might be hard to get that guy's attention, so I thought screw it, I'll heimlich myself I pulled out a dining table chair and tried to heimlich myself over the back, the chair back was too high I couldn't get any leverage, I tried slamming my body against the wall a few times to try and break it lose to no avail, my peripheral vision was starting to fade to black and I knew time was wasting and decided to go ahead and try to get the neighbor out back as I threw open the sliding glass door I tripped and fell flat on my face on the concrete deck....I tried getting up, but didn't have any strength left, suddenly a feeling of calm came over me and I started thinking this is it, I am going to lay here on the deck and die choking on some GD health food! a sense of calm came over here as I laid there....after a couple moments I started hearing a loud wheezing sound and realized I was able to almost take a breath with a lot of effort, each attempt at inhaling slowly, got easier and easier and here I am able to tell you all about it.
Holy shit. You must be living right Admin. Sounds like the Big Guy did you a solid.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
If you truly accept Jesus as your savior you'll be raptured before the Antichrist and his goons can harm you. :ThumbsUp1:
@Dove Depending on your age you might not even be alive when the world gets bad enough for that dipshit to show up and "Fix" things.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I came to genuine belief years later. That was actually trauma I had to work through. That manipulation the charismatic movement uses is so heavy.

I'm actually a partail preterists....I don't believe there is going to be a rapture at all and most of the end times have already happened.

Were you also raised in a funky church? It's always nice meeting others who understand what that was like.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I came to genuine belief years later. That was actually trauma I had to work through. That manipulation the charismatic movement uses is so heavy.

I'm actually a partail preterists....I don't believe there is going to be a rapture at all and most of the end times have already happened.

Were you also raised in a funky church? It's always nice meeting others who understand what that was like.
I was raised a Baptist and when I was in my 20's I became a Mormon but all they did was tell me how their church was the "Right" one and all others were misguided. Soon after that I realized that everything they preached about in their book was already covered in the actual Christian bible. I didn't see much sense in staying with the church after that and decided to worship privately on my own. Catholics, Baptists, Mormons etc. all worship Christ but in my experience they all try and talk you into joining their church by slamming other Christian church's ways of worship. All of the Christian churches should be supporting each other and working together in harmony much like an orchestra. They are to some extent, but are out of tune if you know what I mean. I believe in God and He knows that I do, and that's enough for me and I hope He feels that same way.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I was raised a Baptist and when I was in my 20's I became a Mormon but all they did was tell me how their church was the "Right" one and all others were misguided. Soon after that I realized that everything they preached about in their book was already covered in the actual Christian bible. I didn't see much sense in staying with the church after that and decided to worship privately on my own. Catholics, Baptists, Mormons etc. all worship Christ but in my experience they all try and talk you into joining their church by slamming other Christian church's ways of worship. All of the Christian churches should be supporting each other and working together in harmony much like an orchestra. They are to some extent, but are out of tune if you know what I mean. I believe in God and He knows that I do, and that's enough for me and I hope He feels that same way.

Yep. Pentecostals claim they are the chosen church and that unless you speak in tongues(which by the way is biblically wrong....there is no such thing as speaking in tongues. When the apostles spoke in "tongues"...it was speaking in other human languages for the purpose of spreading the gospel. Not that nonsensical blathering the Pentecostals do) you are not saved and are going to hell.

So I believed I was going to hell all through my childhood. And I didnt WANT to speak in tongues. So I believed I was just bad.

I have no problem with a church criticizing another church if their criticisms are biblical. We should hold eachother accountable to the word of God right?

But this idea that there is just this one church is foolish. The flock of Christ is huge....across oceans and time and languages and cultures. It's not ever gonna be that small.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Yep. Pentecostals claim they are the chosen church and that unless you speak in tongues(which by the way is biblically wrong....there is no such thing as speaking in tongues. When the apostles spoke in "tongues"...it was speaking in other human languages for the purpose of spreading the gospel. Not that nonsensical blathering the Pentecostals do) you are not saved and are going to hell.

So I believed I was going to hell all through my childhood. And I didnt WANT to speak in tongues. So I believed I was just bad.

I have no problem with a church criticizing another church if their criticisms are biblical. We should hold eachother accountable to the word of God right?

But this idea that there is just this one church is foolish. The flock of Christ is huge....across oceans and time and languages and cultures. It's not ever gonna be that small.
My sympathies. You didn't deserve to go through that as a child. Although teaching children about God is important you must also allow them to be children. God is well aware that children are going to make tons of mistakes and He is not about to condemn them to Hell for it. Children are born pure, it's the adults that corrupt them. That's how I look at it anyway.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My sympathies. You didn't deserve to go through that as a child. Although teaching children about God is important you must also allow them to be children. God is well aware that children are going to make tons of mistakes and He is not about to condemn them to Hell for it. Children are born pure, it's the adults that corrupt them. That's how I look at it anyway.

My grandmother meant well and truly believed she was the most loving and enriching thing for me and I'm very grateful for her.

We all make mistakes but her heart was gold.

And ultimately I learned a lot. I teach my little one about God and the bible but I'm focusing on what she can handle and process. So I'm guiding her into a good grasp on who God IS. The character of God. How to see God in nature.

I also just had her watch Orwells Animal Farm today and now shes a far right extremist LOL.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
My grandmother meant well and truly believed she was the most loving and enriching thing for me and I'm very grateful for her.

We all make mistakes but her heart was gold.

And ultimately I learned a lot. I teach my little one about God and the bible but I'm focusing on what she can handle and process. So I'm guiding her into a good grasp on who God IS. The character of God. How to see God in nature.

I also just had her watch Orwells Animal Farm today and now shes a far right extremist LOL.
Your kid has a good mom.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
people should let kids be kids and when they are old enough to make the decision for themselves about believing

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I'm trying to think of a story I haven't already shared on a public board and so far the only ones I can think of aren't getting shared on any forum any time soon.

LoL

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The day I nearly died...

Thank god. I would have been pissed if you had died!!!!!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm trying to think of a story I haven't already shared on a public board and so far the only ones I can think of aren't getting shared on any forum any time soon.

LoL

Now I wanna know MORE.

You just gotta go crank that intrigue dont you?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Okay. I have neighbors who are sisters in their late 80s. One lives next to me, the other across the street. The one next to me is a little buttoned up, the one across is always laughing. She and I laugh together a lot. One day we were all in the street, and the laughing sister wanted to dance, so she and I danced down the street. It became a thing. We dance in the house, in the street, whatever. The other sister watches and says she can't dance. She never joins, and doesn't really laugh, either.

I took my phone and a speaker to dancing sister's house and we danced to some Portuguese music. All of a sudden buttoned up sister joined us, and the three of us danced, laughing our heads off. I felt kinda proud that she joined us. She went to her nephew's house for New Year's Eve and told me very proudly that she danced there. I asked her son about it and he did an imitation of her dancing. All so fucking cute.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
When I was 4, I was in my aunt's farm. I have a cousin who's three years older than me and we were always getting into small skirmishes

One day we were fighting with bamboo sticks, we had just watched Star Wars and we thought we had light sabers

At a certain moment, I turned my head to see something else and he hit me right on the forehead. It didn't hurt much, but it left a huge bump and I kind started feeling a bit sleepy and groggy.

My mother went nuts and she just hopped into the car with me and my dad and we started coming back. She was preggers with my sister.

My dad had a Chevy Opala and he was speeding down the highway and some cop came after him, so he stopped and started flailing his arms, saying it was an emergency. The cop came and when he saw me with that huge bump he said "Oh my God, sorry for stopping you, I'll go ahead with my siren on to open the path to the hospital"

Of course, I don't remember that part, I was passed out in the car, so my mother's the one who tells the story.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
When I was 4, I was in my aunt's farm. I have a cousin who's three years older than me and we were always getting into small skirmishes

One day we were fighting with bamboo sticks, we had just watched Star Wars and we thought we had light sabers

At a certain moment, I turned my head to see something else and he hit me right on the forehead. It didn't hurt much, but it left a huge bump and I kind started feeling a bit sleepy and groggy.

My mother went nuts and she just hopped into the car with me and my dad and we started coming back. She was preggers with my sister.

My dad had a Chevy Opala and he was speeding down the highway and some cop came after him, so he stopped and started flailing his arms, saying it was an emergency. The cop came and we saw me with that huge bump he said "Oh my God, sorry for stopping you, I'll go ahead with my siren on to open the path to the hospital"

Of course, I don't remember that part, I was passed out in the car, so my mother's the one who tells the story.

That reminds me of something I did a boy on my street.

We were building a tree house so we had wood...hammers...nails...everything.

And while I was bent over nailing wood, he was making vulgar hand gestures measuring my butt, right?

And I hit him in the forehead with the claw part of a hammer and he had two perfect dents in his forehead......okay I admit I way over reacted lol. I'm not proud of it. And I was terrified I was gonna go to jail lol.

I was 11.

He still hung out with me after that too lol. His mom asked him "what did you do to her" lol

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Now I wanna know MORE.

You just gotta go crank that intrigue dont you?

No, seriously!
I've already shared most of the stories that are suitable for public consumption, I think.

I'll have to block off a piece of time to just sit and ponder stuff that I did or saw but are also the kinds of things I wouldn't mind telling to strangers on the interwurbs. A lot of that stuff involves people who can't consent to me spilling the details or are events that otherwise aren't... suitable for blabbing in public.

I just need a little time to sort through my memories and check a few statutes of limitations.

Muaha

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
No, seriously!
I've already shared most of the stories that are suitable for public consumption, I think.

I'll have to block off a piece of time to just sit and ponder stuff that I did or saw but are also the kinds of things I wouldn't mind telling to strangers on the interwurbs. A lot of that stuff involves people who can't consent to me spilling the details or are events that otherwise aren't... suitable for blabbing in public.

I just need a little time to sort through my memories and check a few statutes of limitations.

Muaha

Yeah yeah I wanna know what's UNFIT for public consumption. That's the good stuff.

I wanna hear the Garraty B Sides :D

You get on that. I'll wait ;)

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
That reminds me of something I did a boy on my street.

We were building a tree house so we had wood...hammers...nails...everything.

And while I was bent over nailing wood, he was making vulgar hand gestures measuring my butt, right?

And I hit him in the forehead with the claw part of a hammer and he had two perfect dents in his forehead......okay I admit I way over reacted lol. I'm not proud of it. And I was terrified I was gonna go to jail lol.

I was 11.

He still hung out with me after that too lol. His mom asked him "what did you do to her" lol
You know those bike ratchets / freewheels? I was playing with one, like it was some sort of ninja shuriken LOL

I was throwing it against a palm tree and one time, I missed and I hit my friend's shin

It left 4 holes in it LOL

5rhtnXn.jpeg

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They’re black and golden chanterelles. Awesome flavor, zero buzz. Picked them in N. California