Things you don't miss?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
We all make mistakes in relationships, the people we choose to be with, and how long we stay with those people.

Of course there's shared blame, the key is to not repeat our own mistakes the next time around.

I'm at the point in my life where I say to myself if this one doesn't make it, then I'm done.

But I know that in reality I'll give it 24 hours and be back on Tinder.

I was going to remain single after I divorced this time. I had a whole plan that involved living in an RV or Skoolie and doing that life. I have always wanted to do that. No way would I get on any dating sites.

And focus on my relationships I have that I deeply value that are important to me. My friendship with this guy was one of those and I was gonna be over here more anyway.
There are few points in the past 20 years I would have jumped on the chance to date him again though. So I made an exception here lol.

And my longterm friendship with him is what I've always used to passionately argue that men and women CAN "just be friends". Which I still believe but maybe not like best friends like him and I are.

If he ever dumps me that will be it for me....I'm absolutely done. I have no energy for any new people or new relationships. Especially not in today's dating scene.

wizer

Factory Bastard
If he ever dumps me that will be it for me....I'm absolutely done. I have no energy for any new people or new relationships. Especially not in today's dating scene.
We all say that. Why not just leave that bit alone and see what the future brings without making any solid decisions about the rest of your life. I mean, I do the same and yet there's this voice inside my head that says "nuh uh!".

You and he could be together for the rest of your natural lives, or you could both be ancient history by the time the ball drops signifying the end of another rotation of the earth around the sun. At which point you just might decide that you're missing the attention and possibly more important, that thing that guys have that sure beats the battery operated toy you've probably got sitting in your dresser drawer..

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
We all say that. Why not just leave that bit alone and see what the future brings without making any solid decisions about the rest of your life. I mean, I do the same and yet there's this voice inside my head that says "nuh uh!".

You and he could be together for the rest of your natural lives, or you could both be ancient history by the time the ball drops signifying the end of another rotation of the earth around the sun. At which point you just might decide that you're missing the attention and possibly more important, that thing that guys have that sure beats the battery operated toy you've probably got sitting in your dresser drawer..

Yeah I'm sure everyone does. But I have had so many failed relationships. I'm truly not at all interested in any of it.

And if I'll never duplicate what I have with my current bf there isn't even a point. And I'll never be able to because that's rooted in decades of friendship.

I'd be celibate btw. I hate sex toys and I can't have sex with anyone unless I'm emotionally invested.

I don't need to be coupled up. I just get pursued a lot.