What's the last thing you purchased?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I’m accustomed to using the metric system. Last night I grilled all of it on oak charcoal with some mesquite wood chips. Poured garlic butter with lemon when it was done. Fuck, what a feast.
BBQed dourado is probably one of the most delicious things ever.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
18 0f these

can-icetea.png

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Something new?

Ya and they knock it out the park with this one.. no carbination so no bloating or heartburn just drinking and belligerence.. 5.9 so it makes em kinda dangerous too since the sweetness of the drink hides the alcohol flavor.. you can down 6 of these small cans and not bat an eye

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
As the teacher in the Twisted Sister video classically said... "What are you going to do with your life?"

(The response was "I wanna rock!"

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
A block of Jarlsberg cheese, a wedge of Irish mustard cheddar, 150g of Genoa salami, a French baguette, and a bottle of Robertson Winery red.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
A second hummingbird feeder so we can always have at least one room temperature feeder to cycle out in these sub-zero temperatures.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I can hear the little buzzers squawking around out there, playing King of the Feeder.

I swap the feeders out every three hours or so.

I also left them a plate of cookies and a glass of milk.

No takers yet.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I can hear the little buzzers squawking around out there, playing King of the Feeder.

I swap the feeders out every three hours or so.

I also left them a plate of cookies and a glass of milk.

No takers yet.

How cold does it get where you live? I'm sort of astonished that there are hummingbirds that far north in winter.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Winters are usually pretty mild here (coldest days vary between 30 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit) but, as is the case with much of the rest of North America, we're currently experiencing a decidedly Arctic blast.

As a bonus, we had an unusually heavy snowfall a couple of days ago that basically shut down this two-snowplow city. No mail delivery, no public transit, no cab service.

Yesterday, on my break from work, I was sitting on a counter stool at the pizzeria gazing out the window as I munched on my slice of Southwestern BBQ chicken pizza slice, when I saw three huge peahens crossing the road--halting what little traffic there was--and come and plop themselves down right in the middle of the sidewalk in front of my window, forcing pedestrians to walk around them (even as they took quite a few photos with their phones). The big birds seemed not to have a care in the world while simultaneously appearing to be starving.

The unusual weather puts a strain on the local urban wildlife, from raccoons to squirrels to deer to the rich variety of birds, including seagulls, pigeons, starlings, chickadees, warblers, eagles, ospreys, and hummingbirds.

I guess we try to help where we can.