What's the last thing you purchased?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Two of my favorite candles.

We have burning candles in the bedroom every night. So I'm going through them fast

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My team won again.

Drinks are on the house.

Where is @Joe?

That senile dude.

I been busy buyin' some new items @The Prowler!

Here - here's a couple more I bough the other day:

coin1.jpg

(Oberse)

coin2.jpg

(Reverse)

You would really llike these too if you could find 'em Prolwer!

THREE Mint-State Vintage Cnadian Coins Prowler ta add to my Gold coin Collection

2 $10 gold pieces & one Gold Sovereign, eh? That's over 1 ounce of pure gold - $2700 USD worth at current market prices.

The $10 Gold pieces were hard ta get too. Relatively RARE & very hard to find/get, especially in this condition. Tey were good finds., def.

I'm about 1/2 way there collecting themajor key 20th century CANADA gold coin issues, eh?

Maybe in a couple of years I'll have the whhole set 18 of 'em in all.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I been busy buyin' some new items @The Prowler!

Here - here's a couple more I bough the other day:

coin1.jpg

(Oberse)

coin2.jpg

(Reverse)

You would really llike these too if you could find 'em Prolwer!

THREE Mint-State Vintage Cnadian Coins Prowler ta add to my Gold coin Collection

2 $10 gold pieces & one Gold Sovereign, eh? That's over 1 ounce of pure gold - $2700 USD worth at current market prices.

The $10 Gold pieces were hard ta get too. Relatively RARE & very hard to find/get, especially in this condition. Tey were good finds., def.

I'm about 1/2 way there collecting themajor key 20th century CANADA gold coin issues, eh?

Maybe in a couple of years I'll have the whhole set 18 of 'em in all.

There are a bunch of counterfeit coins out there that are only gold-plated.

The only way to know if those are legit is to crack open the plastic holder and bit down on the coin.

If your teeth sink in, it is good news. Pure Gold.

If not, you were ripped-off.

man-bites-coin-bitcoin-260nw-1166372467.jpg

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There are a bunch of counterfeit coins out there that are only gold-plated.

The only way to know if those are legit is to crack open the plastic holder and bit down on the coin.

If your teeth sink in, it is good news. Pure Gold.

If not, you were ripped-off.

man-bites-coin-bitcoin-260nw-1166372467.jpg

Here @The Prowler is how they do it now:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

WYSIWYG, eh? Exact photos of the item in the plastic case to verify that it is real.

And here is its approximate value in U$D:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

And there are just 33 known specimans graded that high by this company i the World, Prowler.

There are other grading services and companies, so I suppose there might be up to or around 100 copies in that grade in existence worldwide, Prowler. Maybe fewer tho.

1269603-6327698-004rb.jpg

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyways @The Prowler, my Grandfather told me he had to work 6 days a week at 16 cents an hour 12 hours per day to make around $10-12 a week shovelling coal into he trains for Canadian Pacific Railway. So his annual salary was around 600 1916 dollars for him over 100 years ago. So $10 Gold was a week's worth of wages. And say he managed to save $1 a week to buy this coin, it would have taken him 10 weeks of hard physical labor to own it if he could get one and could actually afford to hang on to it.

I find that really amazing.

so I feel very lucky that I can just buy it like that.

By the way, $10 back then might be worth as much as $1000 today in terms of what you could buy with it. Given that a loaf of bread was about 5 cents and today it's around $5, that's a 100 fold increase in the cost of living or a devaluation of 99% of our currency in today's dollars.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A nice picanha from Costco, making some home made chimichurri, wife is on charge of sides.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The picanha was good. Great praise from everyone. There is a reason they call it "the queen of steaks" and why Brazil has made it their national steak.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
@cw_

I was also thinking "WTF" when I saw it on Amazon. I don't know what the artist is trying to say with this, but I like Trump and thought it was a cool thing so I bought it.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Tried to go to Raising Cane's but the line is always insane. I am talking around the building and our into the street. I should have just opted for chink food.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Here's another item I bought today @The Prowler:

s-l1600999999.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

1976 $100 CANADA Olympic Gold Coin.

Highest Grade possible - PROOF

that'sa half an ounce of pure Gold

Will likely never see this coin in this condition again Prowler

Not a nick scratch or tarnish on it - and it's almost 50 years old

This was bloody hard ta git since most of these have been mishandled or damaged or even melted down for Gold.

Anyways Prowler, I'm gonna take a break from Gold Coin Collecting for a while.

Probably won't buy until next year unless there are some really good deals out there.

I'm about halfway there towards my present goal.

9 down, 9 more to go.

Collecting Gold coins is really expensive hobby, eh Prowler?

I might jes' go out and buy a vintage sports car with the money I've spent on these tings.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Small battery bank and a USB fast wall charger.

Lost my room keys in the bush on Friday, can't find a locksmith since, and have been camping on the property since.

Hated buying that stuff because I have many of them, but things from my ute have slowly migrated inside over many months..

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Coins are over priced. By melt gold of you want to waste your time with gold.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Now here's a man who knows his liquor. Southern Comfort was my favorite.
It's a Southern Comfort malt liquor beverage. 20% ABV. It's garbage but it's a good accelerant. LOL I need to go to the liquor store. Four Roses Small Batch is my favorite.