What's the last thing you purchased?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Reminds me of a guy who graduated OD school a year behind me. He was young, fit, muscular. Came by my office on occasion to generate referrals for an MDO he did refractions and surgical pre-testing for. Saw him at a few meetings, had a couple of drinks with him here and there. One day, maybe 7 years ago he was driving his SUV at night in the rain, I don't think he was wearing a seatbelt but whatever. He loses control of his car, skids off the road, takes out a farmstand and hits a tree.

He's completely paralyzed except for maybe a few subtle facial expressions. He continued to show up at meetings here and there until a few years back. Don't even know if he's still alive. If I was him I wouldn't want to be. I would probably beg to be pushed off a bridge. But again, that's just me.

Yeah my guys diagnosis kinda spiraled me and I cried for days...didn't cry to him. I didn't want to make it about me at all. And he was scared. So was I. I didn't know this (I was in the recovery program when he was diagnosed) but he went to bed for like a year. He didn't tell me he was struggling.

He is a freelance writer so he can get away with that.

Then he was telling me if he ended up in a wheelchair he would kill himself. And he meant it.

He was always single. He never got married or had kids. He never had a serious and committed relationship... until now and he is almost 45. He was prepared to die alone. I'm just messing up all his plans.

No suicide though. I told him when he was still just my best friend that if he did that I'd never get over it. I'd walk the earth with a hole in my soul that never stopped hurting. He can't go dying on me I won't handle it well. Thankfully he doesn't ever talk like that anymore.

He would shoot himself....not go off a bridge. I'd rather take care of him for the rest of my life than have to grieve him.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I think some women can be more sentimental about people they do or have loved than the average guy. I supported my ex through his entire pancreatic cancer ordeal, took him to chemo, brought over cooked meals...not that he had much of an appetite, spent time with him. People show up at the beginning and at the end. I hung out with him several times a week during the lonely part.

I was there when he drew his last breath along with our kids. Actually, it was my kids that initially brought me around. They felt so helpless and well, how could I not be there for my family...

For a few years being far from him has been rough on me. I had my phone in my hand ALL THE TIME. Because we were in constant contact.

He was taking care of his mother, so he was doing it all with no help. And then she died last Feb and he was here ALONE. Doing shit like shoveling snow....which always freaked me out because if he keeled over who would know fast enough? Uhg.

So I was torn between my own household and him.

And as crazy as this went that ended up with me being with him....I'm so glad for that because my household is now his and my heart is finally in one place. I'm never going anywhere. I'm much much calmer and happier and I can keep a close eye on him.

He has an app with his neurologist next week and has to get his yearly MRI and I'm joining him. I have a lot of questions.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
He lasted 17 months actually. His family and his children from his 1st marriage sucked, imo. No one invited him over for the holidays or birthdays. We did all that.

But hey, they showed up for the inheritance...smh

Of course they did

People suck :/

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Just read the last few pages of this thread....

To get back on topic....

After reading the last few pages of this thread....

I am going to need to buy one of these....

71E2WsvZcTL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I saw that Duluth Trading Company was having a sale on certain items, so I did some drunken internet shopping. I forget what I bought or how much I spent. I'll have to check my email to remind myself.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I saw that Duluth Trading Company was having a sale on certain items, so I did some drunken internet shopping. I forget what I bought or how much I spent. I'll have to check my email to remind myself.

I like Duluth products too. I bought a leather weekend bag back from them several years back. I love it.

Good luck looking at the bill...lol

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I bought a pair of shorts and probably spent twice as much as I should have. I need a new pair of shorts! All of my old shorts are a size or two too small. I can still wear them but I need new shorts.

I bought socks. I need socks. Second, heavier socks. I work in the cold and I dress accordingly, so I always wear two pairs of socks. That cold, hard floor will get in your feets if you aren't wearing proper footwear.

I bought a pair of casual shoes because they fit well and are comfortable. I don't know ... they looked nice and I was drunk. I also bought a pair of boots to try out at work. My feet have been bothering me and I need something sturdier. Something more or harder in the heel and the arch.

$312 but with discounts, it was $234.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Had a death in the family, had a replacement too but she bit it a couple days into the new location
. Said fuck it walked to the Best Buy with a buddy for a replacement, found out I maxxed out the geek squad insurance physical and internal so as long as I remember to call em should get either a fixed one or a rebate/refund off the new one

First time I bit on the insurance, always chalked it up as a cash grab but... after the 65' died in 2 years I just grabbed the 4 year full package..

Grabbed the 4 year again..

MEMU9MK_o.jpg

MEMU9MM_o.jpg

MEMU9MN_o.jpg

AnnaConda

well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.......
ground tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, onion, ditalini pasta, and ground beef, also garlic bread ingredients.
All for home made beefaroni for Sunday dinner.
yum
yum
yum

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Though I didn't buy it today my full-spectrum cbd/thc muscle cream came in.

They provided a free tincture for my pets. It's a tiny amount. I'm going to try it out Sammy, my dog. He's Australian Shepherd, absolutely a smart, gorgeous and obedient dog. But good god he's anxious. The vet said this breed is very anxious.

I hope the drops chill him out.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Beer

Hacker Pschorr Munich Gold
Becks
Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale
Cowbell Shindig
Lowenbrau
Tuborg Green
Warsteiner Premium Pilsener

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Yesterday I bought a SLIME 20071 DIGITAL GAUGE WITH HOSE 0-160 PSI and 3 short sleeve button down shirts and a floor vent register and four pairs of mechanics gloves.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You certainly cared enough to neg rep it, didn't you? Own it, my porcine shaped friend.