What's the last thing you purchased?

Kilroy

...was here.
A jar of Caramel flavored Firefly "moonshine". Why caramel flavored "moonshine"? Because it's cheap, because I had six bucks and change in my wallet, and because it's 115 degrees here right now and alcohol decreases core body temperature. So between my front window being guarded by a blackout shade, my AC cranked down to 50 degrees, fan on high, and 60-proof "moonshine", I'll be keepin' well chill.
Didn't you just make a similar post the other day or am I fucking losing it?
Maybe? Or maybe someone else? I don't know. I'm in Tempe, AZ, which is in the Phoenix valley area. The valley forms something like a "bowl", which traps high temps in a sort of convection effect.

So unless a monsoon rolls through and bursts the convection "bubble", we just get hotter and hotter. Last year and the year before, we hit temps of 120 and even 124. But yes, alcohol does have a temperature reduction effect on the human body, so when it gets above 110, getting shitfaced isn't a recreational choice -- it's a survival tactic.

Iggy McLulz

Unapologetically Stoned
Elite Bastards
A jar of Caramel flavored Firefly "moonshine". Why caramel flavored "moonshine"? Because it's cheap, because I had six bucks and change in my wallet, and because it's 115 degrees here right now and alcohol decreases core body temperature. So between my front window being guarded by a blackout shade, my AC cranked down to 50 degrees, fan on high, and 60-proof "moonshine", I'll be keepin' well chill.
Maybe? Or maybe someone else? I don't know. I'm in Tempe, AZ, which is in the Phoenix valley area. The valley forms something like a "bowl", which traps high temps in a sort of convection effect.

So unless a monsoon rolls through and bursts the convection "bubble", we just get hotter and hotter. Last year and the year before, we hit temps of 120 and even 124. But yes, alcohol does have a temperature reduction effect on the human body, so when it gets above 110, getting shitfaced isn't a recreational choice -- it's a survival tactic.
I went back and looked, it was you :LOL1:
I just hope you're drinking water too because alcohol is a diuretic.

Kilroy

...was here.

I went back and looked, it was you :LOL1:
I just hope you're drinking water too because alcohol is a diuretic.
Huge amounts of water, because not only am I imbibing a diuretic, but I'm also vaping at the same time. Keeping hydrated is a definite priority.

Scooter

Dedicated Deviant
Elite Bastards
The last thing I purchased was a case and a half of beer. That's pretty important but the most important thing I recently purchased was two packs of Thomas' cinnamon raisin English Muffins (buy 1, get 1) and a jar of peanut butter. Essential snack food.

Iggy McLulz

Unapologetically Stoned
Elite Bastards
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

That looks nice, where can I get one? The one I have has the screen too close to the top so I can only grind a couple buds before emptying it which is a real pain if I'm trying to grind enough for a cone.

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Administrator
Where did the "fact" that alcohol lowers core body temp come from?

It is not true for me. Drinking just makes me hotter, but I still do it. Drinks with sulfites for sure do not fit into the lowering of temp mold.

Do you not have a swamp cooler? That is essential in AZ as far as I'm concerned, as are misters.

FagglesMcGee

Forever forgotten.
Where did the "fact" that alcohol lowers core body temp come from?

It is not true for me. Drinking just makes me hotter, but I still do it. Drinks with sulfites for sure do not fit into the lowering of temp mold.

Do you not have a swamp cooler? That is essential in AZ as far as I'm concerned, as are misters.
Alcohol does raise body temperature. In fact, it dilates the blood vessels.

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Elite Bastards

Iggy McLulz

Unapologetically Stoned
Elite Bastards

That looks nice, where can I get one? The one I have has the screen too close to the top so I can only grind a couple buds before emptying it which is a real pain if I'm trying to grind enough for a cone.
Hit up
Holy shit, is it really worth the price? The most expensive one I've owned cost my son about $20 and the crank broke on it after about a month so I just buy ones for under $5 off of Ebay usually.

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Elite Bastards
I am willing to pay that price to support the artist and the company. Plus it will look nice next to my paint collection.

Iggy McLulz

Unapologetically Stoned
Elite Bastards
I am willing to pay that price to support the artist and the company. Plus it will look nice next to my paint collection.
ok I understand that. I'll just have to find something similar but cheaper lol. I have to start back to school shopping very soon. I'm just thankful my son is out of school and an adult now so I only have to shop for one kid.

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Elite Bastards
ok I understand that. I'll just have to find something similar but cheaper lol. I have to start back to school shopping very soon. I'm just thankful my son is out of school and an adult now so I only have to shop for one kid.
Normally I wouldn't pay more than 15-20 I do like those tight vac containers though. Have you used them. I keep my personal stash in those and everything else in mason jars.

Iggy McLulz

Unapologetically Stoned
Elite Bastards
Normally I wouldn't pay more than 15-20 I do like those tight vac containers though. Have you used them. I keep my personal stash in those and everything else in mason jars.
I use very well cleaned candle jars when I go visit my friend for a nice large stash. Locally though I pay out the ass for a 1/4 ounce so I only need my small containers for that stuff.

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Elite Bastards
How much are you paying for a 1/4?

Iggy McLulz

Unapologetically Stoned
Elite Bastards
$100 for some nice headies or $50 for mids which I almost never buy unless I have no other choice.

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Elite Bastards
Holy fuck. I never charge more than 80 an oz and most of my friends get it for free if they help harvest. its like 4-5 a gram back home. Its expensive where I currently am but still not that much because I go to the source.

Top Bottom