What's the last thing you purchased?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Less violent in Vancouver than the states

You think it is less violent than Bernards Township, New Jersey? @Joe

They had zero violent crimes in 2021 @Joe

Did Vancouver have zero violent crimes in 2021 @Joe ?
You guys are so funny taking about your various national violence. You guys don’t know what real violence is. Don’t worry about retortinginging…you haven’t experienced real violence. It’s all lucky packets and the odd murder for you lot. Bless your cotton socks..all y’all!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

You guys are so funny taking about your various national violence. You guys don’t know what real violence is. Don’t worry about retortinginging…you haven’t experienced real violence. It’s all lucky packets and the odd murder for you lot. Bless your cotton socks..all y’all!

Everyone I met from South Africa told me it is extremely violent.

I heard this about Kazakhstan as well.

Venezuela and Mexico too....

....and this according to their locals

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Everyone I met from South Africa told me it is extremely violent.

I heard this about Kazakhstan as well.

Venezuela and Mexico too....

....and this according to their locals
The thing about South Africa…and what people mostly don’t realise, is that historically, the violence has always been black-on-black. White man intervened for a brief period of her history, mostly through a financial gain…this includes your country and most other countries that benefited through a bias regime. Hence the arduous “dismantling of apartheid”…the need for the world not to come across as financial blood-suckers. Your countries benefitted. Now…leave it back to the blacks to fight over the scraps and ensuing chaos that ever-was. Your charity is needed…

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Tha
Here's the eBay link:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Maybe I did it wrong.

That link worked.

Are you only selling one of them then?

I thought you had 4.

That isn't mine. That's just a sample

It's just typical of what those pieces look like.

Like I said, look hard enough at garage sales ya could probably get yourself some for a couple of dollars each.

But the silver content is like...$40 maybe in a spoon? Cuz there must be an ounce if it says 92.5% silver.

Or close to that.

Our garage sales here in Oz have been hit by second hand resellers for decades. They show up early in any built up areas for any online/paper advertised garage sale and try to bully their way in and survey the goods beforehand.

As a consequence, only really really really rural garage sales ever have anything of worth, but most of those have already checked out prices on Ebay or had their great grandchildren check the prices out for them.

They would have already sold off the silverware and hardwood furniture.

I haven't had a garage sale in over 20 years just because I don't need the stress of young Italians and Greeks bringing their own ladders to peer over my fence at 6-7am and demand to buy something for substantially nothing at all.

I'd tell them at first to come back at a certain time but they always tried to push it and demean me or whatever we had for sale. So I started telling them I had a shotgun for sale and to go fuck there mothers again... that they shouldn't neglect their mothers for more than a week at a time.

I still stop at remote garage sales though. I can tell within 10 seconds of walking in by the array and the first few prices (or lack of stickers) whether the place got raided or those elderly people have eBay'd and are dreaming.

I am however polite if I see something I've been looking for but the price is double or triple marked up.... like a very old stainless steel large pot and lid without any bits of rubber or plastic handles listed for 15 dollars... I'll ask very politely "would you consider taking 5 dollars for this?"

After these people have been fleeced and left with scraps they fully expected to prior not have to throw away....I don't mind paying 1-2 dollars more than I normally would for an item that was on my mental list.

Garage/yard sales were something my mum brought us with and had regularly. She was never out for profit when she had them ourselves.... merely to get rid of things to people who most likely really needed them.

And when she bought a painted up 150-200 year old piece of furniture, she would give a fair price, and explain if the counteroffer wasn't suitable by time and effort.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Tha
Here's the eBay link:

Maybe I did it wrong.

That link worked.

I thought you had 4.

Like I said, look hard enough at garage sales ya could probably get yourself some for a couple of dollars each.

But the silver content is like...$40 maybe in a spoon? Cuz there must be an ounce if it says 92.5% silver.

Or close to that.

Our garage sales here in Oz have been hit by second hand resellers for decades. They show up early in any built up areas for any online/paper advertised garage sale and try to bully their way in and survey the goods beforehand.

As a consequence, only really really really rural garage sales ever have anything of worth, but most of those have already checked out prices on Ebay or had their great grandchildren check the prices out for them.

I haven't had a garage sale in over 20 years just because I don't need the stress of young Italians and Greeks bringing their own ladders to peer over my fence at 6-7am and demand to buy something for substantially nothing at all.

I'd tell them at first to come back at a certain time but they always tried to push it and demean me or whatever we had for sale. So I started telling them I had a shotgun for sale and to go fuck there mothers again... that they shouldn't neglect their mothers for more than a week at a time.

I still stop at remote garage sales though. I can tell within 10 seconds of walking in by the array and the first few prices (or lack of stickers) whether the place got raided or those elderly people have eBay'd and are dreaming.

I am however polite if I see something I've been looking for but the price is double or triple marked up.... like a very old stainless steel large pot and lid without any bits of rubber or plastic handles listed for 15 dollars... I'll ask very politely "would you consider taking 5 dollars for this?"

After these people have been fleeced and left with scraps they fully expected to prior not have to throw away....I don't mind paying 1-2 dollars more than I normally would for an item that was on my mental list.

Garage/yard sales were something my mum brought us with and had regularly. She was never out for profit when she had them ourselves.... merely to get rid of things to people who most likely really needed them.

And when she bought a painted up 150-200 year old piece of furniture, she would give a fair price, and explain if the counteroffer wasn't suitable by time and effort.
I scored a 1956. Cast-iron Ned Kelly money box. The helmet slot for the coins! HA! I fill him with gold coins…Aussie $1 and $2 coins. Ned fetched me $300.00 in spare “gold”.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Tha
Here's the eBay link:

Maybe I did it wrong.

That link worked.

I thought you had 4.

Or close to that.

I scored a 1956. Cast-iron Ned Kelly money box. The helmet slot for the coins! HA! I fill him with gold coins…Aussie $1 and $2 coins. Ned fetched me $300.00 in spare “gold”.

I bought an antique gold leaf plated copper pot from India from an elderly couple in the 90's that is perhaps 80-100 years old now. Some of the gold had worn away but I got it for 5 bucks... maybe 30-35 litres in volume.

I spent 20 minutes after the sale talking to them about how they got it on their honeymoon.

Still got it...

It would be criminal to melt it down.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
20220123-205422-1642932091476.png

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Nahh... it's a kilo or two of copper with cladding... it's at least worth 200-400 dollars...

...but I won't melt it down.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Copper cladding isn’t worth much. Like $3. I think chewing tobacco should be your next adventure while putting your new spittoon to good use

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Salomon Quest 4 Gor-tex hiking boots (not sure if I like the fit of the heel cup though) and an Uglystik GX2 saltwater fishing rod.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I just ordered this:

n5bqdnkioj0llnm5bv80.jpg

Fuck. This was a bad purchase for me.

I wanted a volume pedal to be able to increase my volume for certain parts of songs.

When doing a solo, mainly. But also there are parts of some songs that I do some finger picking that I cannot get as loud as the flatpicking I do in other parts of the same song, so I wanted something that would give me precise control. And this is not it. The volume goes from 0 to 10 in about 1/8 of the total travel of the pedal. Way too fast for my needs.

I took it apart and the problem is the optical mechanism. They use a couple of LEDs and photo transistors. Very cool because there is absolutely no tone loss like you get with POTS. There is a cutaway that passes by the LED for the main volume and it lets more light go through as it passes. But the the cutout is too short, and the wrong shape. It is tapered, but straight...like the centre axis is a straight line. But the cutaway follows the path of the pedal which is curved. It needs to be a tear drop shape (i.e. curved) and it needs to be longer so it lets light in for the entire sweep on the pedal.

Fuck, if I worked at that company I could experiment with different cutaway shapes and get the thing good.

I did fix it a bit with some electrical tape, but to really fix it I would need to cut some material away and I will try to sell it before doing that in case I fuck it up.

This pedal is mainly useful for volume swells. And it is a nice Wah Wah pedal too, but that is not what I need.

I think I am going to just buy myself a boost pedal and live with two volume levels per song.