What's the last thing you purchased?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The 11 year old spend 20 minutes asking, cajoling, and, yes, whining a bit, that he wanted Chick-fil-A. He especially loves their granola & fruit low fat yogurt with their grilled chicken sandwich and waffle fries (small for him). So I took him there to get dinner for everyone and he acts as my co-pilot holding the food and drinks so they don't spill. In exchange he gets to keep some or all of the spare charge as I try to use cash I stead of my debit card.

He said over the last month he has been able to save $80. To encourage him to save, set goals, and understand how to handle money well without fiddling it away my wife and I told him we would help him reach his goals. He wants a Sony Playstation 5 so we told him he had to save half the cost to show he really wanted it.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I just ordered this:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

n5bqdnkioj0llnm5bv80.jpg

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Picked-up the guitar case for my Gretsch at a local store. I have had it on order at another store since September, but stumbled across it at the store that I actually prefer. They have been around since at least the 1970's. I would have looked there earlier, but did not think they would have it since they sell very few Gretsch guitars.

This is it at a USA online store:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I did not purchase but found 4 sterling silver 'lady driven' spoons in immaculate shape on the 'free table' in the laundry room of my apartment. Said .925 SS on the back stamped inta the spoon.

That must be an ounce of silver in each one @$40 to $60 each. So total $150 -$200?

$_1.JPG

Easy pickins I tell ya.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I did not purchase but found 4 sterling silver 'lady driven' spoons in immaculate shapeon the 'free table' in my apartment. That must be an ounce of silver in each one @$40 to $60 each. So total $150 -$200?

$_1.JPG

Easy pickins I tell ya.

Score! It's actually quite pretty as well.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I did not purchase but found 4 sterling silver 'lady driven' spoons in immaculate shapeon the 'free table' in my apartment. That must be an ounce of silver in each one @$40 to $60 each. So total $150 -$200?

$_1.JPG

Easy pickins I tell ya.

Score! It's actually quite pretty as well.

That's just a sample photo. I don't have a photo yet.

You can tell by looking at the back of something & reading the initials how much precious metal content there is.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I did not purchase but found 4 sterling silver 'lady driven' spoons in immaculate shape on the 'free table' in the laundry room of my apartment. Said .925 SS on the back stamped inta the spoon.

That must be an ounce of silver in each one @$40 to $60 each. So total $150 -$200?

$_1.JPG

Easy pickins I tell ya.

Did you take that picture, Joe?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

$_1.JPG

Easy pickins I tell ya.

He most certainly did not, no.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

$_1.JPG

Easy pickins I tell ya.

No it's just a sample photo from eBay.

It's generally what sterling silver spoons look like.

Then the back usu says '925' or 'SS'.

That's how u know as opposed to 'silver plate'

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Post up a picture of the spoons, Joe. Maybe someone here will buy them.

They're very common.

Probably thousands where u live too.

But it's cuz they were made in the 19th or 20th century when silver was cheap (.50 -.80 an oz).

But of course silver is like $40 to 50 an oz now & will continue to rise in price.

U could probably score a bunch yourself at garage sales.

Probably a lot more nice antiques where u live since u are in an older part of the country.

Ontario has a Lotta good coin ships with high qrade stuff. There was never a better looking or higher quality money (and often rare) in the world than a Canadian coin made in Ontario.

Royal Canadian Mint.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Tha
Here's the eBay link:

Maybe I did it wrong.

That link worked.

Are you only selling one of them then?

I thought you had 4.

That isn't mine. That's just a sample

It's just typical of what those pieces look like.

Like I said, look hard enough at garage sales ya could probably get yourself some for a couple of dollars each.

But the silver content is like...$40 maybe in a spoon? Cuz there must be an ounce if it says 92.5% silver.

Or close to that.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Why sell them on Ebay, though?

If you can sell them at a garage sale, just sell them with your garage.

Do you have underground parking, @Joe?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Why sell them on Ebay, though?

If you can sell them at a garage sale, just sell them with your garage.

Do you have underground parking, @Joe?

No.

The better way is to collect enough of them (like a 100?), melt them down in your yard with a homemade smelter and make your own ingots out of them.

Not sure if that's legal or not. However, if you take them to someone, they might steal them.

Happened to my parents. They took some metal to be melted down and the guy took all their scrap silver and never paid for it.

So you may as well do it yourself, unless you have a desire to hang on to and collect that kinda stuff.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I thought you live in an apartment @Joe.

How are you gonna melt all your spoons down without the landlord giving you an ass-kicking?

I live in an apartment, but I'm not always there Prowler.

I sometimes stay elsewhere so I've got access to someone's backyard if I need to.

Probably best to do that sort of thing in the countryside tho where it's less likely to get someone in trouble or attention.

Just letting you know what people usually do with silverware these days.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
If you are going to melt you spoons down why sell them at a garage sale or on Ebay?

Who will buy them from you and what if they have less silver than you claim? You might get the wrong people angry @Joe

The same people who ripped off your folks might take it a little further with you.

You always claim that there is no crime in your area and then you tell everyone that your parent's were scammed for their silver and you were scammed by a computer tech.

You sure get scammed a lot in an area where there is no crime @Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If you are going to melt you spoons down why sell them at a garage sale or on Ebay?

Who will buy them from you and what if they have less silver than you claim? You might get the wrong people angry @Joe

The same people who ripped off your folks might take it a little further with you.

You always claim that there is no crime in your area and then you tell everyone that your parent's were scammed for their silver and you were scammed by a computer tech.

You sure get scammed a lot in an area where there is no crime @Joe

There are a Lotta scammers in Vancouver @The Prowler. Lotta laundered money too. Drugs & the underworld contribute to it. Similarly to what's going on in California.

People from other parts of Canada remark upon it when they visit or come here.

And tho anyone can set up their own smelter & manufacture their own silver bars I'm not sure what the legality is about actually doing it. Ie making wafers with your own stamp. I'm sure the guv & regulators would have something to say.

Or the police showing up at the door.

I suppose it'd be akin to growing your own tobacco & creating your own brand of cigarettes. Again a legal line to cross the authorities with.

....something which is doable diy but likely has or carries legal ramifications

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
There are a Lotta scammers in Vancouver @The Prowler. Lotta laundered money too. Drugs & the underworld contribute to it. Similarly to what's going on in California.

So you must have been lying when you said there was almost no crime where you live @Joe

Or you are lying now @Joe

The problem with lying is that you eventually get caught @Joe

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
And tho anyone can set up their own smelter & manufacture their own silver bars I'm not sure what the legality is about actually doing it. Ie making wafers with your own stamp. I'm sure the guv & regulators would have something to say.

Melting spoons just sounds very criminal to you, eh? @Joe

Is it because you stole them from the little old lady down the hall when you went in to help her change a light bulb? @Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

So you must have been lying when you said there was almost no crime where you live @Joe

Or you are lying now @Joe

The problem with lying is that you eventually get caught @Joe

Actually violent crime in Vancouver is relatively low.

Maybe that's cuz 1/2 the population is stoned on weed, eh?

Perhaps higher than where you live tho @The Prowler.

It's probably because of the drug trade.

Less violent in Vancouver than the states