What's the last thing you purchased?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Some honey from a local honey farm.

It's the best bee puke I've bought!

20210203-201704.jpg

That's definitely a girlie thang, no guy would ever go out shopping for honey, not a straight one anyway. :LOL1:

This guy is a honey farmer and he sells his products all over, including the local mom and pop pharmacy here. I'm at the pharmacy every other week for my mother's meds.....so I always grab a bottle of this.

He makes lotion bars and candles as well. The lotion bars are awesome, I've been doing dishes by hand and even though I wear gloves I still feel like my hands are all dry. This stuff is very thick....I have it at my sink. He makes honey tinctures as well.....all kinds of shit.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A Freon charge in my Hilux. Super cold now. A wash and wax at the same time.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

20210203-201704.jpg

That's definitely a girlie thang, no guy would ever go out shopping for honey, not a straight one anyway. :LOL1:

This guy is a honey farmer and he sells his products all over, including the local mom and pop pharmacy here. I'm at the pharmacy every other week for my mother's meds.....so I always grab a bottle of this.

He makes lotion bars and candles as well. The lotion bars are awesome, I've been doing dishes by hand and even though I wear gloves I still feel like my hands are all dry. This stuff is very thick....I have it at my sink. He makes honey tinctures as well.....all kinds of shit.

It's good to do your bit for local small businesses, seems like today, the big corporations have monopolised nearly everything.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

20210203-201704.jpg

It's good to do your bit for local small businesses, seems like today, the big corporations have monopolised nearly everything.

I use local businesses for everything I can.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Bottle of whiskey, bar of chocolate, and my last pack of cigarettes before I restart cessation of smoking v2.0...

Here's hoping it lasts beyond 4.5 months this time...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I bought a set of wooden cooking utensils that are incredible.

Some pre k curriculum books to help the Squish learn to write and a spelling game for her to learn to spell the sight words she is learning.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
300.00 worth of food stamps for 150.00. Making sure the bitch goes to the store with me so I don’t get ganked.

What the heck are food stamps? Vouchers for food or something? We don't have anything like that here, people on benefits just get paid money.

It’s money on a card that can only be used for food. People will sell them for half price.

Shit, we spend 250.00 a week on groceries. I jump on these types of deals. If I don’t, someone else will.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
300.00 worth of food stamps for 150.00. Making sure the bitch goes to the store with me so I don’t get ganked.

What the heck are food stamps? Vouchers for food or something? We don't have anything like that here, people on benefits just get paid money.

It’s money on a card that can only be used for food. People will sell them for half price.

Shit, we spend 250.00 a week on groceries. I jump on these types of deals. If I don’t, someone else will.

Yeah I don't blame you.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I manage all foodstuffs and cooking, so we live quite comfortably on 100-150 a week by buying half off stuff every two weeks and either freezing extra, dehydrating it, or shelf stocking the pantry. No need to do what you're doing...but I understand.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

I manage all foodstuffs and cooking, so we live quite comfortably on 100-150 a week by buying half off stuff every two weeks and either freezing extra, dehydrating it, or shelf stocking the pantry. No need to do what you're doing...but I understand.

We are purchasing a freezer and cabinet for the garage soon. Costs will go down then. I buy a lot of fresh veggies, fruits and meat.

This opportunity comes once a year, if I’m lucky.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

We are purchasing a freezer and cabinet for the garage soon. Costs will go down then. I buy a lot of fresh veggies, fruits and meat.

I order stuff for delivery every two weeks...make sure it gets past the 300.00 mark so I pay no delivery fee. No matter what we have, I still go through the deals to get into the 300-310 range.

Over time we can bulk up or dwindle a bit here or there on the rare item, but it's cyclical and our pantry, fridge, and freezers could easily endure a 6-12 month full on lockdown, at a 25-50% fortnightly discount.

A savings of 3.5-5k per year, as the crow flies...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I order stuff for delivery every two weeks...make sure it gets past the 300.00 mark so I pay no delivery fee. No matter what we have, I still go through the deals to get into the 300-310 range.

Over time we can bulk up or dwindle a bit here or there on the rare item, but it's cyclical and our pantry, fridge, and freezers could easily endure a 6-12 month full on lockdown, at a 25-50% fortnightly discount.

I do bulk and we freeze a lot. Meat from hunting goes a long way as well.

I love farmers markets and Bent and Dents.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I do bulk and we freeze a lot. Meat from hunting goes a long way as well.

I love farmers markets and Bent and Dents.

My mum used to head down the coast once a year to hit the Shurfine canned good mega sale, and the dent sales... lulz.