What's the last thing you purchased?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I bought hair pins because my hair is now down to my butt and I have enough to do historic hair styles. It's fun

I'm replacing my messy mom bun with a braid crown.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Some honey from a local honey farm.

It's the best bee puke I've bought!

20210203-201704.jpg

That's definitely a girlie thang, no guy would ever go out shopping for honey, not a straight one anyway. :LOL1:

This guy is a honey farmer and he sells his products all over, including the local mom and pop pharmacy here. I'm at the pharmacy every other week for my mother's meds.....so I always grab a bottle of this.

He makes lotion bars and candles as well. The lotion bars are awesome, I've been doing dishes by hand and even though I wear gloves I still feel like my hands are all dry. This stuff is very thick....I have it at my sink. He makes honey tinctures as well.....all kinds of shit.

It's good to do your bit for local small businesses, seems like today, the big corporations have monopolised nearly everything.

Something like 90% of the honey you buy in the store is either fake or adulterated. If you buy honey which was made in China there is an almost 100% chance that it is fake or adulterated. Usually they mix in cheap sugar syrup which costs 1/10th the price of honey then try to pretend it is genuine honey. Only buy honey from reputable local sources and not big grocery store chains.

Olive oil is also highly likely to be faked or adulterated with cheap but unhealthy tropical oils.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Last thing was four baconator double cheese double meat hamburgers with bacon from Wendy's with fries and drinks (two adults, two kids), some canned cat food (stinky butt is, oh, so picky about which cans he likes), and some groceries at Vons. Two bottles of Apothic Red being the highlight.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Some honey from a local honey farm.

It's the best bee puke I've bought!

20210203-201704.jpg

That's definitely a girlie thang, no guy would ever go out shopping for honey, not a straight one anyway. :LOL1:

This guy is a honey farmer and he sells his products all over, including the local mom and pop pharmacy here. I'm at the pharmacy every other week for my mother's meds.....so I always grab a bottle of this.

He makes lotion bars and candles as well. The lotion bars are awesome, I've been doing dishes by hand and even though I wear gloves I still feel like my hands are all dry. This stuff is very thick....I have it at my sink. He makes honey tinctures as well.....all kinds of shit.

It's good to do your bit for local small businesses, seems like today, the big corporations have monopolised nearly everything.

Something like 90% of the honey you buy in the store is either fake or adulterated. If you buy honey which was made in China there is an almost 100% chance that it is fake or adulterated. Usually they mix in cheap sugar syrup which costs 1/10th the price of honey then try to pretend it is genuine honey. Only buy honey from reputable local sources and not big grocery store chains.

Olive oil is also highly likely to be faked or adulterated with cheap but unhealthy tropical oils.

This is very true, one must buy local honey!!!

Local honey also provides benefits, like curing allergies, and helping your immune system.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Last thing was four baconator double cheese double meat hamburgers with bacon from Wendy's with fries and drinks (two adults, two kids), some canned cat food (stinky butt is, oh, so picky about which cans he likes), and some groceries at Vons. Two bottles of Apothic Red being the highlight.

I love Apothic Red. It's cheap and adequate. And I have these cool goblets I can feel all gothic when I drink it lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
That natural deodorant and body oil I ordered showed up yesterday and I regretfully love it.

I'm wondering how strong my anti woke convictions are.

There are always other farms and small businesses *sigh*

So mad I didn't scroll their Facebook page until after I gave them my money.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I wonder if that is California legal? The flash suppressor probably wouldn't pass their stupid laws.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Kodiak Defence WC-180-C

kodwk180conline-5.jpg
Let us know how it shoots! Looks like a solid choice. I looked at a few piston guns but decided to go with the standard issue DI and upgrade the BCG and triggers. I'd have bought a Patriot Ordinance if I could have found one.