What's the last thing you purchased?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think I've had the cuisines from most countries in East and Southeast Asia. I know I've had food from China, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Korean, Japan, Myanmar (Burma), the Philippines...I haven't had food from Bhutan, Malaysia or Indonesia.
I've had Indonesian. I don't think I've had food from Laos or Myanmar, but I probably could have if I looked for it. I've also had food from Mauritius (African, not Asian). That was really good.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I don't think I've had food from Laos

I have had hundreds of Lao meals.

The first time was at a friend's house in 1980 or 1981. It was just his family (parents, 8 boys, one girl) and me.

They lived in a two bedroom townhouse. 11 people packed into a small place.

The older people and the youngest were at a table. The younger teenagers people (me included) were on the floor in the living room.

It was different to me. The biggest culture shock was that we all ate out of the same soup bowl. We also just grabbed all the sticky rice out of the same basket with our bare hands. My friend told me "That is why we wash our hands before we eat."

I was hooked.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've had Indonesian. I don't think I've had food from Laos or Myanmar, but I probably could have if I looked for it. I've also had food from Mauritius (African, not Asian). That was really good.

There's a great "Burmese" restaurant in Berkeley. I had Laotian food when I went to visit a relative in the Central Valley. It is similar to other Southeasts Asian food, quite delicious. If you like Vietnamese, you'd like Laotian.

I've had food from the Middle East as well, I like most of it. Not too crazy about kebabs though. It's probably because the meat is ground up. Not a huge fan of ground meats of any kind. I went to a local Afghan restaurant, the eggplant dish was delicious.

I've had Ethiopian food, but I don't believe I've eaten food from other African countries. Had anyone told me I'd like all these ethnic cuisines when I was a kid, I wouldn't have believed it. I didn't even like Chinese...it had too many vegetables.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Holy shit, do you want an acknowledgement every time you state the obvious, @Lily?

Only on issues that have to do with things I care about.

You said it, @Lily.

You said that you want acknowledgement every time that you state the obvious.

And when it does not happen, then how does it make you feel, @Lily?

Not getting what you want: How does it make you feel, @Lily?

So needy.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You said it, @Lily.

You said that you want acknowledgement every time that you state the obvious.

And when it does not happen, then how does it make you feel, @Lily?

Not getting what you want: How does it make you feel, @Lily?

So needy.

Get a life. The only needy one here is you. Your head is so far up my ass, you can taste the gum flavor I chew. You need me to have a forum life. Do you want me to prove it? Do you want me to make it permanent? Post like you aren't rubbing your weenis when you post to me and we can have cordial exchanges. Act like your panting, and I will cut you off again.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You know what's delicious, that they have a lot of in France, is French Vietnamese. Sooooooooooo good.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You know what's delicious, that they have a lot of in France, is French Vietnamese. Sooooooooooo good.

Now that I would like to try someday. I bet it's scrumptious. I do like French cuisine as well. It is so yummy. Italian is delicious as well. I'm not that impressed with German food though. It's not terrible, the flavors aren't as interesting is all.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
There's a great "Burmese" restaurant in Berkeley. I had Laotian food when I went to visit a relative in the Central Valley. It is similar to other Southeasts Asian food, quite delicious. If you like Vietnamese, you'd like Laotian.

Please be respectful and use the word "Lao".

That should not be too much to ask.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Now that I would like to try someday. I bet it's scrumptious. I do like French cuisine as well. It is so yummy. Italian is delicious as well. I'm not that impressed with German food though. It's not terrible, the flavors aren't as interesting is all.
Oh. my. god. Italian food in Italy is incomparable. Incredible.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
That is what you do when I make you look stupid, @Lily.

No, this is what I do when I can't stand another minute of how big a pest you are. The only one that looks stupid is the guy that pays more active attention to me than his wife. I'm not into you and your bald pate is the least of your problems in that regard. Your personality is obnoxious and annoying, on your best day.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
What is wrong with calling the guy by his name ? Joe,Bob etc -

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What is wrong with calling the guy by his name ? Joe,Bob etc -
For starters, he should stop gaslighting people in this forum over the stupid, trivial and meaningless details.

And stop acting like a childish obnoxious immature little twit.

What I also found laughable about @The Prowler, is when he compares himself to Brad Schlegel a silver medalist and a former Captain of the Canada's National Ice Hockey Team.

In so doing, He commits this logical fallacy when he implies that since Brad and he are from the same town, this man's achievements are a reflection of him as well.

Likewise, that's like some homeless bum in Los Angeles comparing himself to Brad Pitt because they live in the same city.

But of course these 2 individuals have nothing in common other than they might live in the same city.

Brad Schlegel:

Brad_Schlegel.JPG

@The Prowler :

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Please be respectful and use the word "Lao".

That should not be too much to ask.

:Wrong:

Though the majority of the citizens are Lao 53%, another large minority 47% aren't Lao. Therefore, in English all of them can be called Laotian. Or Lao, if you know for a fact that they are indeed Lao ethnically.

:KMA:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I am :Wrong:
but will never admit it....

Though the majority of the citizens are Lao 53%, another large minority 47% aren't Lao. Therefore, in English all of them can be called Laotian. Or Lao, if you know for a fact that they are indeed Lao ethnically.

:KMA:

Way to demonstrate that you are unable to respect other cultures.

It is Lao food that you were talking about.

It even tells you in the Wiki page: "Lao has been applied solely to the ethnic group while Laotian refers to any citizen of Laos regardless of their ethnic identity."

The section on food is titled: "Lao Cuisine"

The food you are talking about is Lao ethnic food, not food made by some ethnic American/French/Chinese/etc. who happens to live in Laos.

Lao people do not want their food to be called "Laotian" just like they do not want it to be called "Asian" food.

They are proud of their cuisine and ask that it be referred to as Lao food because that is specifically what it is.

It is a small ask and would just show them some respect, but you do you, @Lily.