What's the last thing you purchased?

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah, well. I can't get marijuana. My face is sadder than yours. LOL

I was this close to getting a stainless steel cooking set from Amazon. And then it disappeared. Oh, well.

ahtaC yddaM

Fucking narcs in this thread. FBI, DEA, KKK, CIA.

Watch out, Iggy.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Two bags of tobacco, two boxes of tubes, big can of Zippo lighter fluid and a pack of flints.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
Caramel-flavored Firefly "moonshine". Don't judge, it was $20 off.

(Some might wonder why I go skinflint on food and beverages, but blow big money on Apple shit. Simple: Food is only a necessity -- mobile computer actually helps me make money.)

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Fixin's for a cheap pot of (hopefully) quick and easy ham and green beans. Two bone-in ham steaks at $2.99/lb, a big can of green beans with white potatoes and a loaf of 'everything' Italian bread. Good for at least two meals at a cost of $11.40.

And I misread the writing on top of the can of green beans. Thought it said "Pure White Living" WTF? It actually says "Pure White Lining - Protects Flavor and Color." LOL

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
1:1 ration CBD/THS strawberry lemonade gummies, Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA, mangos, tangerines, pink grapefruit.

Nom

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
A jar of Caramel flavored Firefly "moonshine". Why caramel flavored "moonshine"? Because it's cheap, because I had six bucks and change in my wallet, and because it's 115 degrees here right now and alcohol decreases core body temperature. So between my front window being guarded by a blackout shade, my AC cranked down to 50 degrees, fan on high, and 60-proof "moonshine", I'll be keepin' well chill.

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
A jar of Caramel flavored Firefly "moonshine". Why caramel flavored "moonshine"? Because it's cheap, because I had six bucks and change in my wallet, and because it's 115 degrees here right now and alcohol decreases core body temperature. So between my front window being guarded by a blackout shade, my AC cranked down to 50 degrees, fan on high, and 60-proof "moonshine", I'll be keepin' well chill.
Didn't you just make a similar post the other day or am I fucking losing it?

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter

Maybe? Or maybe someone else? I don't know. I'm in Tempe, AZ, which is in the Phoenix valley area. The valley forms something like a "bowl", which traps high temps in a sort of convection effect.

So unless a monsoon rolls through and bursts the convection "bubble", we just get hotter and hotter. Last year and the year before, we hit temps of 120 and even 124. But yes, alcohol does have a temperature reduction effect on the human body, so when it gets above 110, getting shitfaced isn't a recreational choice -- it's a survival tactic.

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️

Maybe? Or maybe someone else? I don't know. I'm in Tempe, AZ, which is in the Phoenix valley area. The valley forms something like a "bowl", which traps high temps in a sort of convection effect.

So unless a monsoon rolls through and bursts the convection "bubble", we just get hotter and hotter. Last year and the year before, we hit temps of 120 and even 124. But yes, alcohol does have a temperature reduction effect on the human body, so when it gets above 110, getting shitfaced isn't a recreational choice -- it's a survival tactic.
I went back and looked, it was you :LOL1:
I just hope you're drinking water too because alcohol is a diuretic.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter

I went back and looked, it was you :LOL1:
I just hope you're drinking water too because alcohol is a diuretic.

Huge amounts of water, because not only am I imbibing a diuretic, but I'm also vaping at the same time. Keeping hydrated is a definite priority.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The last thing I purchased was a case and a half of beer. That's pretty important but the most important thing I recently purchased was two packs of Thomas' cinnamon raisin English Muffins (buy 1, get 1) and a jar of peanut butter. Essential snack food.

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

A40CE15E-850D-4B57-A7BD-B5A14F016219_large.jpeg
6B07A3A0-06AE-4C15-803A-CB0D18205B61_large.jpeg

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
Where did the "fact" that alcohol lowers core body temp come from?

It is not true for me. Drinking just makes me hotter, but I still do it. Drinks with sulfites for sure do not fit into the lowering of temp mold.

Do you not have a swamp cooler? That is essential in AZ as far as I'm concerned, as are misters.

FagglesMcGee

Forever forgotten.
Where did the "fact" that alcohol lowers core body temp come from?

It is not true for me. Drinking just makes me hotter, but I still do it. Drinks with sulfites for sure do not fit into the lowering of temp mold.

Do you not have a swamp cooler? That is essential in AZ as far as I'm concerned, as are misters.
Alcohol does raise body temperature. In fact, it dilates the blood vessels.