Breaky sez he wear a black belt when he listen to Wang Chung.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Agreed. On both counts.

It's the only film where Willem Dafoe is even remotely watchable.

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter
Agreed. On both counts.

It's the only film where Willem Dafoe is even remotely watchable.
What?

You gotta watch Wild at Heart.

Dafoe steals the show in that one. Streets of Fire he’s also excellent as the reverse duck tail haired big bad. Excellent music in that one as well.

He’s a character actor. When he’s doing anything normal it’s like he isn’t there, so your right.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I'll admit I haven't seen either of those flicks.

I guess his hammy turn in Boondock Saints (an otherwise great film) killed it for me.

Master

Site Supporter
I'll admit I haven't seen either of those flicks.

I guess his hammy turn in Boondock Saints (an otherwise great film) killed it for me.
Well, Wild at Heart is early David Lynch, so warned. There’s a ton of really fucked up shit in that one especially if you see the directors cut.

When I studied film the teacher was full on obsessed with Lynch in the same manner Dovid is towards yours truly. He got the rough cut Cannes version of Wild where the guys head comes completely off so well it looks like a snuff film.

My infamous AV from back in the day was Frank Booth from Blue Velvet because I literally seen that film over a hundred times. We analyzed that movie frame by frame. I used to think it was a landmark, but now, not so much it’s more meh. As great as Hooper was, Dean Stockwell steals that movie in the five minutes he’s on the screen.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I like Lynch. Except for Dune, he's done all right.

I now know why I stayed away from Wild At Heart. Two words: Nicholas Cage. The only "actor" who, to my mind, is even more unwatchable than Defoe.

But I guess I should give Lynch a chance, shouldn't I?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Poofer, do you think by repeating "omg Dove is obsessed with me" that this is going to be something people believe?

Or that I'm going to be like "OMG I better stop making fun of Poofer on occasion, because he claims I'm OBSESSED with him....and now if I keep doing it he will be RIGHT!"?

Do think that's how it works?

The funny thing is, you've started two threads addressing this and have brought it up where it just doesnt belong. Like here.

Just dont convince yourself of this current fantasy too much and go address hunting on government websites again.

The next time I make your feels hurt just put this on and empower yourself

You go girl.

Master

Site Supporter
I like Lynch. Except for Dune, he's done all right.

I now know why I stayed away from Wild At Heart. Two words: Nicholas Cage. The only "actor" who, to my mind, is even more unwatchable than Defoe.

But I guess I should give Lynch a chance, shouldn't I?
Well….

There’s no possible way anybody is making Dune into a two hour movie. I really can’t fault Lynch on that one.

I actually saw Dune first run as a kid with my dad. We walked out during the twenty minute voice over intro and went and bought the book. The book is a chore but it’s amazing.

But, I also saw the six hour cut from all the footage they stuffed into the TV broadcast. Still comes nowhere near the book. Way too expansive.

The funny thing? They made a video game for the Sega CD that incorporates the movie a hell of a lot better then the movie ever did and does an admirable job of actually portraying the general scope of the book. The movie scenes are hardly coloured and grainy, but they did more with it then Lynch.

But yes, Cage over acts in Wild. Like horribly. If you can get past that it’s actually quite funny. Well….I hope it’s a comedy….

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Poofer, do you think by repeating "omg Dove is obsessed with me" that this is going to be something people believe?

Or that I'm going to be like "OMG I better stop making fun of Poofer on occasion, because he claims I'm OBSESSED with him....and now if I keep doing it he will be RIGHT!"?

The funny thing is, you've started two threads addressing this and have brought it up where it just doesnt belong. Like here.

Just dont convince yourself of this current fantasy too much and go address hunting on government websites again.

You go girl.

Oh. My. God.

Dove has proven she is obsessed with Martini.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You go girl.

Oh. My. God.

She wasn't a topic of this thread...but she had to insert herself and make it about her. Pitiful.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

You go girl.

Oh. My. God.

She wasn't a topic of this thread...but she had to insert herself and make it about her. Pitiful.

It's on par for her. It always has to be about her.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You go girl.

Oh. My. God.

It's on par for her. It always has to be about her.

And she has the balls to say otherwise...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Stop making everything about you, Dovey. Please.

To be fair I didnt even know I came in here.

I really cant help if people discuss me a lot, Blurt. I apologize deeply that these people have decided to discuss me instead of Break.

DDT

Factory Bastard
Dafoe steals the show in that one. Streets of Fire he’s also excellent as the reverse duck tail haired big bad. Excellent music in that one as well.
I've always liked DaFoe. My opinion is probably skewed a bit since Streets of Fire was a favourite of mine as a child, but he just has a unique look. Not to mention he seems like a decent dude in 'real life.'

I've used this avatar before on other forums:

2101.gif

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Stop making everything about you, Dovey. Please.

To be fair I didnt even know I came in here.

I really cant help if people discuss me a lot, Blurt. I apologize deeply that these people have decided to discuss me instead of Break.

The whole point is that NO ONE was talking about you. No one was discussing you in this thread. You're so self-centered, you also read yourself into threads where no one, not one person, is "discussing" you.

:Crazy:

Master

Site Supporter
I've always liked DaFoe. My opinion is probably skewed a bit since Streets of Fire was a favourite of mine as a child, but he just has a unique look. Not to mention he seems like a decent dude in 'real life.'

I've used this avatar before on other forums:

2101.gif
Streets of Fire is severely under rated.

diane Lane is a piece of ass in that movie.

They made this horrible sequel like 20 years later that’s pretty much green screened for the backgrounds that’s an abomination.