Deer steals hunter's gun, flees into woods

Powah

Factory Bastard
A hunter in the Czech Republic was charged by a deer that snagged the man's gun on its antlers and fled into the woods with the weapon, police said.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
a hunter contacted authorities to recount the story of how he lost his gun while hunting near the village of Horni Plana.

The man said one of the hunting dogs in his group startled a stag in a wooded area, causing the panicked deer to run directly toward him.

The deer's antlers ripped the man's sleeve and ended up snagged on his .22 Hornet rifle, which had been slung over his left hand at the time.

The animal ran off into the woods with the hunter's unloaded gun still attached to its antlers, the man told police.

Police said another hunter reported spotting a deer with a rifle dangling from its antlers more than half a mile from the scene
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP

Powah

Factory Bastard
Here he is :devil1:

989da8d0-2fd9-11eb-ba37-8347e3aba4a3_800_420.jpeg

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
I read the message on some Dutch news site and there they just told that the gun was "fortunately unloaded"...

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hunting deer with a .22?

Not a .22lr but a .22 hornet which has more power but still not a good choice.

Up here you can't hunt big game with anything smaller than a .23 cal but my go to gun is a .30-06

Down here deer ain't considered "big game" although we don't have anything else that's "big" either. When I was a kid the preferred deer load was the .30-30. Nowadays, there's a bow hunting season and a shotgun season (slug gun) and you don't wanna get caught poaching or using anything else but that. I've poached 'em with the 7-30 Waters from a 14" Contender, perfect setup really in the woods, but at the time it was my private land, posted, so no worry about the wardens dropping by.

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
7-30 waters is not very common up here but I have heard that some guys like it. My wife when she hunted used a Remington 700 in 7mm-08.. I tell you that is one sweet cartridge, low recoil,accurate and with good shot placement the 140gr pill will even knock down a moose.:rightON::rightON:

Bear is another story. You can never go to "big" when hunting something that will hunt you back.