Hit By Pitch

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I am 6 hits for 7 at bats, with three walks and a hit-by-pitch so far in the playoffs. That is a 0.857 Batting Average and a .909 On Base Percentage.

So a number of people sent me a PM after reading the post above, concerned for my well-being after being Hit By A Pitch.

So I was facing a guy who throws pretty hard...he is probably the second fastest pitcher in my league. I had two strikes, so I moved up in the box and a little closer to the plate so I could cover the plate well and make contact with anything near a strike. I do not like to leave it up to the umpire to call a close pitch a third strike - I swing to make contact at anything close once I have two strikes on me.

So the pitch comes in up and in. I need to stay set and wait to make sure it is not a breaking ball that might curve and drop into the strike zone (or anywhere close to it as the umpire was calling a pretty big strike zone). Instead, it tails in and does not dip much if at all. I lean back and almost avoid the pitch, but it gets my right forearm (which is my back arm...I swing right handed).

I trotted to first, then asked for a runner so I could go put ice on it right away....which I did.

Anyways, I am fine. Thank you all for your concern.

Here are a few pictures of the mark it left. There is some swelling and I expect that it will bruise over the next few days...

GW53uUc.jpg

BmBlSoJ.jpg

It is weird how it left a circle pattern like that.

It is painful to touch. I have been icing it on and off all day today.

I am hoping it does not affect me at all for the Championship Game.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
So a number of people sent me a PM after reading the post above, concerned for my well-being after being Hit By A Pitch.

So I was facing a guy who throws pretty hard...he is probably the second fastest pitcher in my league. I had two strikes, so I moved up in the box and a little closer to the plate so I could cover the plate well and make contact with anything near a strike. I do not like to leave it up to the umpire to call a close pitch a third strike - I swing to make contact at anything close once I have two strikes on me.

So the pitch comes in up and in. I need to stay set and wait to make sure it is not a breaking ball that might curve and drop into the strike zone (or anywhere close to it as the umpire was calling a pretty big strike zone). Instead, it tails in and does not dip much if at all. I lean back and almost avoid the pitch, but it gets my right forearm (which is my back arm...I swing right handed).

I trotted to first, then asked for a runner so I could go put ice on it right away....which I did.

Anyways, I am fine. Thank you all for your concern.

Here are a few pictures of the mark it left. There is some swelling and I expect that it will bruise over the next few days...

GW53uUc.jpg

BmBlSoJ.jpg

It is weird how it left a circle pattern like that.

It is painful to touch. I have been icing it on and off all day today.

I am hoping it does not affect me at all for the Championship Game.
It’s simply displacement. In slo-mo you would see the ball sinking into the muscle via the flesh and displacing its energy or the inertia of the ball around the perimeter. The centre will probably bruise up nicely.
I get similar patterns from paint-balling!

Mate…honestly, most of these leftards here don’t even leave the house!

Well done with the game scores.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It’s simply displacement. In slo-mo you would see the ball sinking into the muscle via the flesh and displacing its energy or the inertia of the ball around the perimeter. The centre will probably bruise up nicely.
I get similar patterns from paint-balling!

Mate…honestly, most of these leftards here don’t even leave the house!

Well done with the game scores.

:AssKisser::Sucky Sucky:

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I trimmed a couple doug fir limbs away from my deck and I got some pitch on my hands and pants, it was very sticky...I appreciate all the DM's with hand washing and laundry tips, I will update as things develop.

9db28d5ca9aed3be298740dc7acc10b6.jpg

Last edited: