I was shown an EPA chart regarding hot temps

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It seems the 1930's still hold the records for the hottest temperature in US history.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
heat-waves_figure3_2022.png

Longer-term records show that heat waves in the 1930s remain the most severe in recorded U.S. history (see Figure 3). The spike in Figure 3 reflects extreme, persistent heat waves in the Great Plains region during a period known as the “Dust Bowl.” Poor land use practices and many years of intense drought contributed to these heat waves by depleting soil moisture and reducing the moderating effects of evaporation.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Senile @Joe, do you remember the heat waves of the 1930's?

You were just a youngster, but I bet you have vivid memories of it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
No one, of any value, had any comments about this chart.

Hmmm.

What kind of discussion were you hoping for? I'm not asking that to be snarky or anything...I genuinely don't know what to say about it.

It's just an information post with no questions or argument provided.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What kind of discussion were you hoping for? I'm not asking that to be snarky or anything...I genuinely don't know what to say about it.

It's just an information post with no questions or argument provided.

I find it interesting that the EPA, the government themselves, is posting data that shows we had extremely dry and hot conditions in the 1930's that we don't have today.

While that same government makes arguments that the climate is warming to catastrophic levels. I wonder what global temps looked liked in the 1930s.

Is this a warming a natural phenomenon. If not, why not?

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I find it interesting that the EPA, the government themselves is posting data that shows we had extremely dry and hot conditions in the 1930's that we don't have today.

While that same government makes arguments that the climate is warming to catastrophic levels. I wonder what global temps looked liked in the 1930s.

Is this a warming a natural phenomenon. If not, why not?

I can't disagree with you.

I think it's being exploited for a reason to increase taxes and assert more control over how we all live.

Activists are never reasonable though and always have that urgency and alarm. I remember being told polar bears were suffering and starving too death and that one picture of that thin polar bear was used over and over. Claims that ice caps melting made it hard for them to find food.

Well the bears just started coming on land more and while that's not great news for the human population ...the polar bear population is doing just fine lol.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
It seems the 1930's still hold the records for the hottest temperature in US history.

heat-waves_figure3_2022.png

Longer-term records show that heat waves in the 1930s remain the most severe in recorded U.S. history (see Figure 3). The spike in Figure 3 reflects extreme, persistent heat waves in the Great Plains region during a period known as the “Dust Bowl.” Poor land use practices and many years of intense drought contributed to these heat waves by depleting soil moisture and reducing the moderating effects of evaporation.
Is that the united states only? Remember that the farming practices in the central US had impact on climate and soil erosion (the dustbowl).

The Google also:

What caused the heatwave of the 1930s?

Heatwave of July 1936

Poor land management (farming techniques) across the Plains furthered the impact of the drought, with lush wheat fields becoming barren waste lands. Without the vegetation and soil moisture, the Plains acted as a furnace. The climate of that region took on desert qualities, accentuating its capacity to produce heat.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Could you also ask me what I meant by giving an explanation for that few year anomaly?
...or maybe just review the linked material itself and pester no one with you lassitude.

This is between @Admin. and you, and @Lily.

I already have all the answers.

I just want to observe you people have a discussion, maybe even an argument, for my entertainment.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A few days of extra hot weather does not a pattern make, the average mean temperature(including the Ocean) has been steadily increasing since the industrial age.

What are you talking about when you say "a few extra days"? It wasn't just a few days. Do you remember the Dust bowl? It was a serious problem.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
What are you talking about when you say "a few extra days"? It wasn't just a few days. Do you remember the Dust bowl? It was a serious problem.
Lily - I gave you the explanation. In the course of hundreds of years a 6 year period/anomaly is a blip and what matters is the long term trend and it's causes. The causes of the 30s blip are well known, and also as a master data analyst you know the chart scale representing the data can be expanded or contracted to amplify a point. You want to see the 30s blip disappear(?) expand the upper and lower limits. LoLz

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Lily - I gave you the explanation. In the course of hundreds of years a 6 year period/anomaly is a blip and what matters is the long term trend and it's causes. The causes of the 30s blip are well known, and also as a master data analyst you know the chart scale representing the data can be expanded or contracted to amplify a point. You want to see the 30s blip disappear(?) expand the upper and lower limits. LoLz

In the course of thousands and maybe even millions of years our current climate is a blip as well. It all depends on how you chop up time, isn't it?

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Right. However, in geologic time we've had warming and cooling...it's not unknown to the planet.
You're point is that human made global warming is a hoax...like Covid 19 and the moon landing? Human activity does impact climate and has increased global temps. What has happened in the past over thousands and 10s of thousands of years is now happening in decades. If you can, explain it by natural, non-human created causes.