Random Thoughts Thread

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Some twat accused me of leaving a pile of dog shit on the pavement, my boy had already shit and I had it in a bag ready for the bin, so I threw it at him and it hit him in the face, I’m just thinking I really should grow up.

THROB

Factory Bastard
I got a used laptop for Christmas so i can get online again.
cost $30 a month to be online so need to go looking for a job. fast.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Every day millions (billions?) of people have their natural sleep rhythm interrupted by an alarm clock.

This goes on week after week, month after month, year after year.

Is it any wonder the whole fucking planet has gone insane?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Every day millions (billions?) of people have their natural sleep rhythm interrupted by an alarm clock.

This goes on week after week, month after month, year after year.

Is it any wonder the whole fucking planet has gone insane?

Except you can fix this by setting a healthy sleep wake pattern and implementing the 103210 rule .

I’m pretty sure it has most to do with sending everyone home for the pandemic making them realize they get the same amount of work done at home while caring for their pets/children and then forcing them back into the workforce during a recession.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Except you can fix this by setting a healthy sleep wake pattern and implementing the 103210 rule .

I don't know what any of that means but it sounds like you're still talking about forcing a change in an individual's natural rhythm. Then there's the whole "every person is different and what may work for one won't for many others".

We've been enslaved to clocks and calendars solely to benefit capital, not humans.

It's fucked up and now so are we.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't know what any of that means but it sounds like you're still talking about forcing a change in an individual's natural rhythm. Then there's the whole "every person is different and what may work for one won't for many others".

We've been enslaved to clocks and calendars solely to benefit capital, not humans.

It's fucked up and now so are we.

It’s basically setting and keeping the same bedtime and wake time daily so that your body’s sleep rhythm resets itself to something that works for your life/work/routine. Ideally, you should sleep for 8 hours.

102310:

10 hours before bed: No more caffeine. 3 hours before bed: No more food or alcohol. 2 hours before bed: No more work. 1 hour before bed: No more screen time (shut off all phones, TVs and computers, etc.)

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
It’s basically setting and keeping the same bedtime and wake time daily so that your body’s sleep rhythm resets itself to something that works for your life/work/routine. Ideally, you should sleep for 8 hours.

Being able to keep the exact same schedule every day sounds kinda... privileged.
And unrealistic.

10 hours before bed: No more caffeine. 3 hours before bed: No more food or alcohol. 2 hours before bed: No more work. 1 hour before bed: No more screen time (shut off all phones, TVs and computers, etc.)

Strict perpetual schedules are fine for machines.
We are not machines.
Acting like machines has made us insane.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️

“I am not a machine. For what can a machine know of the smell of wet grass in the morning, or the sound of a crying baby? I am the feeling of the warm sun against my skin; I am the sensation of a cool wave breaking over me. I am the places I have never seen, yet imagine when my eyes are closed. I am the taste of another's breath, the color of her hair.
You mock me for the shortness of my life span, but it is this very fear of dying which breathes life into me. I am the thinker who thinks of thought. I am curiosity, I am reason, I am love, and I am hatred. I am indifference. I am the son of a father, who in turn was a father’s son. I am the reason my mother laughed and the reason my mother cried. I am wonder and I am wondrous. Yes, the world may push your buttons as it passes through your circuitry. But the world does not pass through me. It lingers. I am in it and it is in me. I am the means by which the universe has come to know itself. I am the thing no machine can ever make. I am meaning.”​

― Bernard Beckett,
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Also, shouldn't that string of numbers be 103210? It's out of order...

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Being able to keep the exact same schedule every day sounds kinda... privileged.
And unrealistic.

We are not machines.
And unrealistic.

We are not machines.

Except the 24 hour clock is already internal and sleep affects everything in your life. Not getting adequate sleep is detrimental to your mental and physical health.

The alternative, which would include a life of leisure devoid of an alarm clock, is a perpetual jet lag state since we shouldn’t get more than 8 hours of sleep each night.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Except the 24 hour clock is already internal and sleep affects everything in your life. Not getting adequate sleep is detrimental to your mental and physical health.

The alternative, which would include a life of leisure devoid of an alarm clock, is a perpetual jet lag state since we shouldn’t get more than 8 hours of sleep each night.

I only need to use an alarm clock once or twice a month usually, when I have something scheduled first thing. Just to make sure I do not oversleep.

And when I do not use an alarm, I get very close to 8 hours of sleep.

I do not need an alarm to know when I feel like getting up.

"a life of leisure devoid of an alarm clock"

I highly recommend it.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter

Humans live all over the planet.
Some places have very different light/dark cycles than others.
Even if you never move geographically depending on Earth's position within the solar cycle you will experience varying amounts of light/dark over the course of time.

But you're advocating for everyone locking themselves into a perpetual unbending 24-hour cycle?

1) That's not natural and never would have been common except for the industrialization of societies with the subsequent implementation of regimented "shift" work to maximize productivity (profits).

2) Why do you presume a natural sleep rhythm (and some of us require far less than 8 hours) is "inadequate"? Because it wouldn't work *for you*? We are not all the same. We are not manufactured from standardized parts and assembled in exactly the same way every time. We are not machines.

Who said anything about leisure? Why would you presume someone who doesn't use an alarm clock must be lazy and unbalanced and prone to sleeping all the time? Is that how *you* would be if you stopped using an alarm?

It's like you refuse to have any curiosity or imagination that might contradict your complete and total belief in the sanctity of the work/play/sleep paradigm designed to create productive drones in service to the hive of capital, not genuine and whole individuals who are existing entirely as themselves.

That's kind of an impasse and I think I'm done here.
It's been interesting though, thanks.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Humans live all over the planet.
Some places have very different light/dark cycles than others.
Even if you never move geographically depending on Earth's position within the solar cycle you will experience varying amounts of light/dark over the course of time.

But you're advocating for everyone locking themselves into a perpetual unbending 24-hour cycle?

1) That's not natural and never would have been common except for the industrialization of societies with the subsequent implementation of regimented "shift" work to maximize productivity (profits).

2) Why do you presume a natural sleep rhythm (and some of us require far less than 8 hours) is "inadequate"? Because it wouldn't work *for you*? We are not all the same. We are not manufactured from standardized parts and assembled in exactly the same way every time. We are not machines.

Who said anything about leisure? Why would you presume someone who doesn't use an alarm clock must be lazy and unbalanced and prone to sleeping all the time? Is that how *you* would be if you stopped using an alarm?

It's like you refuse to have any curiosity or imagination that might contradict your complete and total belief in the sanctity of the work/play/sleep paradigm designed to create productive drones in service to the hive of capital, not genuine and whole individuals who are existing entirely as themselves.

That's kind of an impasse and I think I'm done here.
It's been interesting though, thanks.

Well, I think you went completely off the grid with my leisure comment. Any lifestyle that allows you to not have to wake up to an alarm at 6 am everyday, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, decade after decade because you have to is leisurely in my book.

I do not think we were designed to live like this, but I do what I can to make it easier.

Have a good night, Vitty.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Well, I think you went completely off the grid with my leisure comment. Any lifestyle that allows you to not have to wake up to an alarm at 6 am everyday, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, decade after decade because you have to is leisurely in my book.

I do not think we were designed to live like this, but I do what I can to make it easier.

Have a good night, Vitty.
Get a cat…you won’t need an alarm to wake you up at six…you’ll be awake by five! Lol

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I go to bed about 11, don’t wake up till 7. 30 -8 30am, but then I don’t have a conscious, never lay awake thinking of shit I’ve done.

I don't have restless thoughts either, trying to sleep or otherwise.
My mind is pretty damn placid and I like it that way.
I wouldn't go so far as to say zen-like (though I sometimes do just kidding around) but fairly close to the mark.

I usually shoot for 1-2am lay down so I can be awake again at 6-7am.

fromHELL

Banned
Banned
the amount of bitches begging for shit aka money to be spent on them is nauseating. fucking get a job cunts. pay for your own shit and what you so desperately want online. no wonder why so many serial killers target cunts. humanoids without a damn bit of value in life

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I go to the park every day without fail, rain snow sun I’m still there, some cunt comes from thousands of miles away to spend a few days here, telling me to put the dog on a lead, go fuck yer mum you cunt.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Why are you giving my Waterboys song a “gay as fuck” reaction @Cookie Monster ? Are you looking for some attention? I sawded your Bronskl Beat post! Lol

kiss-lip.gif

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Why are you giving my Waterboys song a “gay as fuck” reaction @Cookie Monster ? Are you looking for some attention? I sawded your Bronskl Beat post! Lol

kiss-lip.gif
You are one hyper sensative bitch, not everybody likes everyone's music dumbass. I like Some of cw'[s and a bit of Garratys music and some others. Your taste in music just happens to be as gay as fuck!