Stanford study finds masks are effective

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"The researchers analyzed a population of almost 350,000 people from 600 villages in rural Bangladesh over the period of November 2020 to April 2021. Their findings, which were released Wednesday, found that those who lived in villages where surgical masks were being promoted were 11% less likely than those in control villages to become infected with COVID-19.
And in people over the age of 60, the impact increased to nearly 35%, the report found.

“What I really would like people to take away from this is to see that we have very rigorous and systematic evidence that masks are effective,” said Ashley Styczynski, a lead author on the study and an infectious disease fellow at Stanford. She added: “I think there were many people who have remained doubtful because of the lack of a randomized control trial around this type of question.”

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
"The researchers analyzed a population of almost 350,000 people from 600 villages in rural Bangladesh over the period of November 2020 to April 2021. Their findings, which were released Wednesday, found that those who lived in villages where surgical masks were being promoted were 11% less likely than those in control villages to become infected with COVID-19.
And in people over the age of 60, the impact increased to nearly 35%, the report found.

“What I really would like people to take away from this is to see that we have very rigorous and systematic evidence that masks are effective,” said Ashley Styczynski, a lead author on the study and an infectious disease fellow at Stanford. She added: “I think there were many people who have remained doubtful because of the lack of a randomized control trial around this type of question.”

Herbert Hoover U is fake gnus!

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
11% is a pathetic resullt... and 35% for the 60s is only marginaly better.

It makes it worth wearing a mask. Along with vaccination and not gathering in large group indoors, etc.

There isn't a magic pill. It seems better than being put on a ventilator though.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I agree zero protection against death is better than 11%!!!!

This is the shit that kills me. What in the holy fuck?

I won't try anything unless it guarantees my immortality! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! *pulls hair out of head* *gnashes teeth and snarls* FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDUM!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Are these CLOTH masks or proper procedural masks?

Because that matters.

Also it shouldnt be a blanket mandate from the government and elementary age children should not be masked at school all day. Masks need to be procedural masks and they must be changed every 15 to 30 minutes. They also cannot be touched and contaminated. All these factors MATTER.

Ask nurses or doctors why they are not permitted to wear a cloth mask at work. Let alone the same cloth mask all day... you'll get the answer.

Disposable gowns exist for a reason. That reason is pathogens will attach to clothing and you can take them room to room. SAME on cloth masks.

Covid "surged" in places with mask mandates because they are not used properly by adults. Cloth is garbage. And people are touching them and wearing the same contaminated shit all day.

This isnt political ffs. This is reality.

Last edited:

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It makes it worth wearing a mask. Along with vaccination and not gathering in large group indoors, etc.

There isn't a magic pill. It seems better than being put on a ventilator though.

we have no community covid yet BUT we had 2 brief episodes of 5 days of hard lockdown and were required to wear masks into shops. But fancy Bangladesh doing studies... they're not even 3rd worlders.... they are like 10 rungs lower than 3rd worlders.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Real bad logic here. The vast majority of Covid infections do not even require hospitalization.

This whole "mask or death!!" reasoning is a false dichotomy.

You only pay attention to the deaths or illness of those who opposed mandates. Then you got ALL those infections and deaths of people who openly said "I was so cautious. I always wore my mask".

Stats mean fuck all when you did everything the state said, but you mindlessly adjusted your mask in a store and transferred Covid right onto the part of your mask by your mucus membranes or had a false sense of security and got too close to an infected person. Or rubbed Covid in your eyes.

Handwashing is the best way to mitigate spread of....everything.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

we have no community covid yet BUT we had 2 brief episodes of 5 days of hard lockdown and were required to wear masks into shops. But fancy Bangladesh doing studies... they're not even 3rd worlders.... they are like 10 rungs lower than 3rd worlders.

Stanford researchers apparently wanted to do a study with grown adults. It seems that they had to go to Bangladesh to find them.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Stanford researchers apparently wanted to do a study with grown adults. It seems that they had to go to Bangladesh to find them.

What a load of shit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

What of shit.

Of masking. Do you often post when you're in a coma? Nice trick though.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

it may as well be....

it means 89% chance of you catching covid wearing a mask in bangladesh, dimbulb....

"Jacksonville Beach woman, 26, says she was careful, wore mask, but still got virus"

Tons of stories like this and people who got sick saying they always wore the mask

The problem is that people aren't doing it right and partisan politics doesnt care.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I won't try anything unless it guarantees my immortality! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! *pulls hair out of head* *gnashes teeth and snarls* FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDUM!

I have never opposed masks however now that you have posted that study I find it hilarious you are impressed by that bilge. I pegged you with more brains than that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I have never opposed masks however now that you have posted that study I find ithilarious you are impressed by that bilge. I pegged you with more brains than that.

I'm not impressed. I am glad that any measure that helps people stay healthy, even modest, is proven. I'm not doing cartwheels Debbie Downer.

If you don't want to wear a mask don't wear one.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What the fuck is this thread here for? Fucking shut up!

Uhm, no.
We’re wearing fucking masks. Who gives a fuck if some studies show a marginal positive. Fact remains is that we’re dealing with pathogens. You people are dumber than a box of hammers ffs!

You don't have to care nor do you have to wear a mask. You don't have to melt down either. Can you ever have a neutral reaction to anything? Do you always have to be at a boiling point?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
No one really opposes MASKS. They oppose the government mandating them.

I passionately oppose masks on children at school for obvious reasons. Kids shouldnt have to have the burden and be put at a higher risk.

@Breakfall they have made it political so....yeah they get real dumb about it. No nuance exists. Wear the cloth Petri dish or you'll be vented!! Put the cloth Petri dish on your small kid and let them get sick or you want them to get sick!

They've gone nuts with control and trashing others.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Uhm, no.
We’re wearing fucking masks. Who gives a fuck if some studies show a marginal positive. Fact remains is that we’re dealing with pathogens. You people are dumber than a box of hammers ffs!

You don't have to care nor do you have to wear a mask. You don't have to melt down either. Can you ever have a neutral reaction to anything? Do you always have to be at a boiling point?
Your idea of a meltdown is extraordinary different to mine. You’re on Bastard Factory doll.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Uhm, no.

Your idea of a meltdown is extraordinary different to mine. You’re on Bastard Factory doll.

I think you should have called it "Meltdown Factory" in that case. I don't know if you're aware, but one can be a bastard without hollering all the time for any little "feelings" about being slighted.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

it may as well be....

it means 89% chance of you catching covid wearing a mask in bangladesh, dimbulb....

"Jacksonville Beach woman, 26, says she was careful, wore mask, but still got virus"

Tons of stories like this and people who got sick saying they always wore the mask

The problem is that people aren't doing it right and partisan politics doesnt care.

we, (I'm including Aus in this) are governed by idiots.... see, now I'm getting all emo about this... You need to check the rainbows another Katie posted. Also some new American girls are posting... you know where I'm talking about.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

I passionately oppose masks on children at school for obvious reasons. Kids shouldnt have to have the burden and be put at a higher risk.

@Breakfall they have made it political so....yeah they get real dumb about it. No nuance exists. Wear the cloth Petri dish or you'll be vented!! Put the cloth Petri dish on your small kid and let them get sick or you want them to get sick!

They just keep on rehashing this utter tripe over and over again. Fuuuuuck. It’s mind_numbing!

images

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

They just keep on rehashing this utter tripe over and over again. Fuuuuuck. It’s mind_numbing!

images

Facts are worth repeating.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Uhm, no.

I think you should have called it "Meltdown Factory" in that case. I don't know if you're aware, but one can be a bastard without hollering all the time for any little "feelings" about being slighted.
You’re not a Bastard...trust me. You’re a blow-in and will remain so for a fair while I gather.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Uhm, no.

You’re not a Bastard...trust me. You’re a blow-in and will remain so for a fair while I gather.

Did I say I was a bastard? No, I didn't. But don't worry about facts. You have feels.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

images

Facts are worth repeating.
We don’t require another ignorant leftard in our midst. Grow some...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

it may as well be....

we, (I'm including Aus in this) are governed by idiots.... see, now I'm getting all emo about this... You need to check the rainbows another Katie posted. Also some new American girls are posting... you know where I'm talking about.

I hate that we all have to ride the stress/emo rollercoaster because our governments are so fucktarded....but I'm glad I'm not riding it alone lol.