Stanford study finds masks are effective

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Whilst a mask is marginally effective against bacteria, it does absolutely shit against tiny viral pathogens if you get the drift! Fact!
So 99% of the scientists around the world are just scheming to make the whole whole world slightly inconvenienced? (Seriously?)

"99% of scientists"?

Explain that more specifically. Like 99% of every "scientist" globally? Or 99% of scientists in the US? Or 99% of scientists at like one university?

And then exactly what kind of "scientist" because that is a VERY large pool. "Scientists" is everyone with a degree in some scope of science.

I really would like to know how my actual medical training is wrong now. Like what authority do you have to try to tell me my medical training was wrong? That my ppe training, my infectious disease training is false now.

Why dont you go ask a nurse or a doctor if THEY wear cloth masks doing rounds in the hospital. Then ask them why they DONT.

Call your local hospital and tell them they can change their ppe standards and protocol because democrats just made a scientific break through and realized cloth masks are acceptable ppe. And we dont even have to change them! Just wear the same one room to room.

So when I go back to work, Admin, you are saying "99% of scientists"(which could be like 2 people who are not even medical professionals for all we know) now say nurses, doctors, emts/cnas....et, we can wear a single cloth mask all day AND we probably dont need gowns now either, right? Since pathogens miraculously stopped clinging onto cloth.

Because until democrats made masks political, every medical professional has been using procedural masks and tossing them BEFORE they walk out of a patients room. You know, wearing a new one everytime. And not contaminating it by touching it.

Hey you know.....maybe they are just Trumptards? Stupid dummy Trumptards that dont understand science?

You know this is the biggest problem with Covid in the US. Democrats/leftists being completely unable to have rational conversations about masks and being so rigid to the point of pure fucking hysterical idiocy. Your partisan politics are NOT "science". You cant even think critically.

The next time you get sick or need medical advice? Leave the doctors alone and just call Huffpost. They'll know what to do.

Last edited:

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Please read red print at the bottom of this diagram, and please @Lily @Admin. @LotusBud ...no more mask talk. We can’t get any sillier surely???

images

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Admin who ticked your post with ???? marks doesn't understand fully about what masks can filter. Possibly lily is the same.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Common sense study finds Oak should be shot with a powerful tranquilizer and then rolled off a steep cliff

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A week ago, I asked why I smell fuel when filling up with my mask on at the servo. Now this was kinda cute, Lily piped up saying that was because fuel molecules are larger??? Straight out of the mouth of babes scenario, bless her cotton socks.
:LOL3:

That was sarcasm. Do you need a special font so that you know I'm being sarcastic? Would Book Antiqua work for you?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
A week ago, I asked why I smell fuel when filling up with my mask on at the servo. Now this was kinda cute, Lily piped up saying that was because fuel molecules are larger??? Straight out of the mouth of babes scenario, bless her cotton socks.

That was sarcasm. Do you need a special font so that you know I'm being sarcastic? Would Book Antiqua work for you?
We already have @LotusBud for more than our fair share of sarcasm thanks very much!

:sarcasm:

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

We already have @LotusBud for more than our fair share of sarcasm thanks very much!

:sarcasm:

Oh, I hadn't seen that emoji. I'll make sure to give readers like you a signal. No problem, I can accommodate the "special" needs people.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
What the fuck is this thread here for? Fucking shut up!

Uhm, no.
We’re wearing fucking masks. Who gives a fuck if some studies show a marginal positive. Fact remains is that we’re dealing with pathogens. You people are dumber than a box of hammers ffs!

They are fucking dumb but I didn't want to be impolite.

I really appreciate that we can disagree on something major, and we are capable of doing so and even criticizing eachothers logic when we see an error or misunderstand what the other is saying.. without devolving into a shit show of personal attacks and idiotic angry name calling.
11% is a pathetic resullt... and 35% for the 60s is only marginaly better.
I agree zero protection against death is better than 11%!!!!

Real bad logic here. The vast majority of Covid infections do not even require hospitalization.

This whole "mask or death!!" reasoning is a false dichotomy.

You only pay attention to the deaths or illness of those who opposed mandates. Then you got ALL those infections and deaths of people who openly said "I was so cautious. I always wore my mask".

Stats mean fuck all when you did everything the state said, but you mindlessly adjusted your mask in a store and transferred Covid right onto the part of your mask by your mucus membranes or had a false sense of security and got too close to an infected person. Or rubbed Covid in your eyes.

Handwashing is the best way to mitigate spread of....everything.
LOL 600,000 dead Americans disagree with your magical thinking.

How many wore masks?

No, Admin. I dont think they would. However....they probably dont want to be used as partisan props.

I personally had Covid, and I always wore a mask. The right kind, the right way. Because I'm actually trained in the use of ppe.

Again this shouldnt be about politics. Leftists fuck up everything making it political.
The N95 mask that seems the best, needs to be discarded and replaced every time one comes into close proximity to another person. Every time. No mask can ever be used twice...ever...never...ever!

N95 or N100 is what you wear to protect yourself.

This mask shit we are supposed to do is based on mitigation. When it's done properly, it lowers the amount of spit and fluids that could be carrying viruses falling on surfaces and other people. It doesn't eliminate it....it lowers the amount. AND while it doesnt protect you....it can cut into the viral load you are exposed to, if you get exposed.

So wouldnt get AS sick as you would have without one. This really depends on the exposure though. These masks are not meant to protect the one wearing them. It's to mitigate the rate of infection.

BUT.... you have to have a REAL mask. The procedural ones you get in the hospital. And you HAVE to change it every 15 to 30 minutes. AND you absolutely cannot be contaminating it by touching it.

These cloth masks people are wearing are not doing fuck all. And I SEE people touching their masks. So every pathogen you get on your hands(and there are A LOT....not just covid) you put right into your face. Cloth masks will hold spit, dead skin, bacteria from your face/nose and mouth and probably help out viruses that get on there. It's a fucking petri dish.

And as you see.....even places with mandates, people are spreading it. And a lot of cases were people who say they always wors their mask and were "cautious". You have a bunch of untrained people slapping make shift "masks" on their faces, they aren't doing it right, not hand washing properly.

And the sad thing is, people want to force elementary age kids to wear these at school all day. So kids are gonna be passing viruses MORE now. Because you know it stops at cloth masks. These kids will be sticking germy hands all over their own and other kids masks, trading. Spitting at eachother ...licking hands and yelling "corona touch". And the partisans dont even care or want to discuss it.....let's put our kids at risk because leftists are irrational and controling.

They dont actually care enough to NOT make it political.

Teachers should get vaccinated if they can. The rooms and desks disinfected a few times daily. And a good handwashing routine with proper handwashing should be worked in. THAT will do for children.

Adults are still spreading it and getting sick because adults cannot even do it right. They want kids to get sick too now.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Please read red print at the bottom of this diagram, and please @Lily @Admin. @LotusBud ...no more mask talk. We can’t get any sillier surely???

images

It says "may prevent" but they dont.

If they did? Hospitals would allow them. Nurses would use them at work and get cute ones.

But they dont. And cloth will carry pathogens. But if the left demands it, well it will be worded like that. "May prevent".

So its saying it MIGHT.

However. ...the proper use of regular procedural masks WILL help prevent the spread.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Uhm, no.
We’re wearing fucking masks. Who gives a fuck if some studies show a marginal positive. Fact remains is that we’re dealing with pathogens. You people are dumber than a box of hammers ffs!

I really appreciate that we can disagree on something major, and we are capable of doing so and even criticizing eachothers logic when we see an error or misunderstand what the other is saying.. without devolving into a shit show of personal attacks and idiotic angry name calling.

Real bad logic here. The vast majority of Covid infections do not even require hospitalization.

You only pay attention to the deaths or illness of those who opposed mandates. Then you got ALL those infections and deaths of people who openly said "I was so cautious. I always wore my mask".

Stats mean fuck all when you did everything the state said, but you mindlessly adjusted your mask in a store and transferred Covid right onto the part of your mask by your mucus membranes or had a false sense of security and got too close to an infected person. Or rubbed Covid in your eyes.

How many wore masks?

No, Admin. I dont think they would. However....they probably dont want to be used as partisan props.

I personally had Covid, and I always wore a mask. The right kind, the right way. Because I'm actually trained in the use of ppe.

Again this shouldnt be about politics. Leftists fuck up everything making it political.
The N95 mask that seems the best, needs to be discarded and replaced every time one comes into close proximity to another person. Every time. No mask can ever be used twice...ever...never...ever!

This mask shit we are supposed to do is based on mitigation. When it's done properly, it lowers the amount of spit and fluids that could be carrying viruses falling on surfaces and other people. It doesn't eliminate it....it lowers the amount. AND while it doesnt protect you....it can cut into the viral load you are exposed to, if you get exposed.

So wouldnt get AS sick as you would have without one. This really depends on the exposure though. These masks are not meant to protect the one wearing them. It's to mitigate the rate of infection.

BUT.... you have to have a REAL mask. The procedural ones you get in the hospital. And you HAVE to change it every 15 to 30 minutes. AND you absolutely cannot be contaminating it by touching it.

These cloth masks people are wearing are not doing fuck all. And I SEE people touching their masks. So every pathogen you get on your hands(and there are A LOT....not just covid) you put right into your face. Cloth masks will hold spit, dead skin, bacteria from your face/nose and mouth and probably help out viruses that get on there. It's a fucking petri dish.

And as you see.....even places with mandates, people are spreading it. And a lot of cases were people who say they always wors their mask and were "cautious". You have a bunch of untrained people slapping make shift "masks" on their faces, they aren't doing it right, not hand washing properly.

And the sad thing is, people want to force elementary age kids to wear these at school all day. So kids are gonna be passing viruses MORE now. Because you know it stops at cloth masks. These kids will be sticking germy hands all over their own and other kids masks, trading. Spitting at eachother ...licking hands and yelling "corona touch". And the partisans dont even care or want to discuss it.....let's put our kids at risk because leftists are irrational and controling.

Teachers should get vaccinated if they can. The rooms and desks disinfected a few times daily. And a good handwashing routine with proper handwashing should be worked in. THAT will do for children.

Adults are still spreading it and getting sick because adults cannot even do it right. They want kids to get sick too now.

“BUT.... you have to have a REAL mask. The procedural ones you get in the hospital. And you HAVE to change it every 15 to 30 minutes. AND you absolutely cannot be contaminating it by touching it.”

And this is exactly what a lot of people forget!
:ThumbsUp1:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Uhm, no.

How many wore masks?

“BUT.... you have to have a REAL mask. The procedural ones you get in the hospital. And you HAVE to change it every 15 to 30 minutes. AND you absolutely cannot be contaminating it by touching it.”

Yeah and if they are democrats/leftists they immediately dismiss that and make it a partisan argument.

Like fine fuckface. Covid is still spreading even with mandates. Have it.

You cant reason with them.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Uhm, no.

How many wore masks?

Yeah and if they are democrats/leftists they immediately dismiss that and make it a partisan argument.

Immunity challenge...the blind leading the blind!

FfobI2.gif

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Uhm, no.

How many wore masks?

Immunity challenge...the blind leading the blind!

FfobI2.gif
Hahahaaa...even the bloke in blue on the perimeter felt that!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ivermectin use in humans literally got the Noble prize in 2015. It is used for malaria, river blindess, elephentitus, and round worm among dozens of other uses. Also 15 studies from around the world have shown it improves outcomes for covid.

The final verdict is still out but the usual morons are babbling when they should be reading.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
"The researchers analyzed a population of almost 350,000 people from 600 villages in rural Bangladesh over the period of November 2020 to April 2021. Their findings, which were released Wednesday, found that those who lived in villages where surgical masks were being promoted were 11% less likely than those in control villages to become infected with COVID-19.
And in people over the age of 60, the impact increased to nearly 35%, the report found.

“What I really would like people to take away from this is to see that we have very rigorous and systematic evidence that masks are effective,” said Ashley Styczynski, a lead author on the study and an infectious disease fellow at Stanford. She added: “I think there were many people who have remained doubtful because of the lack of a randomized control trial around this type of question.”

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Science determined the pores in surgical masks are 100X bigger than a virus. STFU, wench.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Pasta strainers. They really hold all that water if you are simply willing to believe they do

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Last edited: