Stanford study finds masks are effective

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
images

This is a very, very serious environmental crime... where is this?
All around the world, but developing countries usually are the worst when it comes to environmental pollution.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

All the effort we put into looking after the planet and then comes along a disaster.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"The researchers analyzed a population of almost 350,000 people from 600 villages in rural Bangladesh over the period of November 2020 to April 2021. Their findings, which were released Wednesday, found that those who lived in villages where surgical masks were being promoted were 11% less likely than those in control villages to become infected with COVID-19.
And in people over the age of 60, the impact increased to nearly 35%, the report found.

“What I really would like people to take away from this is to see that we have very rigorous and systematic evidence that masks are effective,” said Ashley Styczynski, a lead author on the study and an infectious disease fellow at Stanford. She added: “I think there were many people who have remained doubtful because of the lack of a randomized control trial around this type of question.”

I do not even begin to understand how anyone can believe masks do not have an impact. It's a very simple kind of logic.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
"The researchers analyzed a population of almost 350,000 people from 600 villages in rural Bangladesh over the period of November 2020 to April 2021. Their findings, which were released Wednesday, found that those who lived in villages where surgical masks were being promoted were 11% less likely than those in control villages to become infected with COVID-19.
And in people over the age of 60, the impact increased to nearly 35%, the report found.

“What I really would like people to take away from this is to see that we have very rigorous and systematic evidence that masks are effective,” said Ashley Styczynski, a lead author on the study and an infectious disease fellow at Stanford. She added: “I think there were many people who have remained doubtful because of the lack of a randomized control trial around this type of question.”

I do not even begin to understand how anyone can believe masks do not have an impact. It's a very simple kind of logic.
That’s because you haven’t my science qualifications to know otherwise. It’s having a massive impact on our oceans though...

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
It makes it worth wearing a mask.

I do not like wearing masks.

Keep your distance if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

People like you make me want to vomit. Next time, I'll get real close to you and vomit in your face, since you don't mind that sort of sharing of germs.
And I’m sure he’ll shit in your mouth returning the favour yoo vile oxygen-thief yoo!

I would knock her fucking teeth out.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
Masks are worse than covid. FACT. If wearing it for a week or two would solve the problem maybe it'd be ok. But two fukkin years is too much. Just like their vaccines don't work. Their lockdowns don't work. I'll take my chance with the virus instead. Pissing off totalitarians like poark is just a fringe benefit.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

People like you make me want to vomit. Next time, I'll get real close to you and vomit in your face, since you don't mind that sort of sharing of germs.
And I’m sure he’ll shit in your mouth returning the favour yoo vile oxygen-thief yoo!

No you wouldn't, because I'd kick your tiny balls up to your brain pan first.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Masks are worse than covid. FACT. If wearing it for a week or two would solve the problem maybe it'd be ok. But two fukkin years is too much. Just like their vaccines don't work. Their lockdowns don't work. I'll take my chance with the virus instead. Pissing off totalitarians like poark is just a fringe benefit.

Stop whinging. And you're exaggerating. It's been just 1 1/2 years since the first lockdowns, and we didn't even have masks then.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Stop whinging. And you're exaggerating. It's been just 1 1/2 years since the first lockdowns, and we didn't even have masks then.
Am I on ignore again LotusBottom?
:Whatevr3:

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

You would be severe high maintenance to live with I reckon. Your husband must be an absolute legend to put up with such a challenge.
:OMGLOL:

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

It's extremely minimal. Also what the hell is the point of wearing a mask in a bar or restaurant when you have to either lower it or remove it completely to eat or drink anything?
She’s having a brain_fart right about now!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It's extremely minimal. Also what the hell is the point of wearing a mask in a bar or restaurant when you have to either lower it or remove it completely to eat or drink anything?

It's not "extremely minimal." It is measurably substantive.

Dining and drinking, there is no point there. I never suggested there was. I think at this point people should only dine outside. But in a shop of any kind, where people are walking around, passing each other, etc., in any kind of public transportation, including ride shares, in theaters, at big gatherings (music events, etc.), and in my opinion, outside, it is common fucking courtesy to wear one. Outside, I only take mine off when there are no people nearby.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Dining and drinking, there is no point there. I never suggested there was. I think at this point people should only dine outside. But in a shop of any kind, where people are walking around, passing each other, etc., in any kind of public transportation, including ride shares, in theaters, at big gatherings (music events, etc.), and in my opinion, outside, it is common fucking courtesy to wear one. Outside, I only take mine off when there are no people nearby.
So pointless in other words? When people come into your tainted vicinity that’s teeming with your pathogens, your contamination is magically going to disappear...right?

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

Oh gawd, you even wear a face diaper outside? You are truly a stereotypical Covid Karen to an absolute tee.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Thank you Lily.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oh gawd, you even wear a face diaper outside? You are truly a stereotypical Covid Karen to an absolute tee.

If there are people around, moron. The point is to protect other people. You are a stereotypical "the only one who matters is me" narcissistic, low IQ dumb cuck.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

If there are people around, moron. The point is to protect other people. You are a stereotypical "the only one who matters is me" narcissistic, low IQ dumb cuck.
But you don’t understand the science behind viral transmission. It’s not in your field of logic and you’re completely lost. You’re not a very good listener Mrs LotusBottom! No apple for you...

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

I bet you wear a mask in fucking bed.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thing is Scouse, wearing a mask might save your life, and it doesn’t have to be a political statement. Do it for your cat amigo

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

as long as she is seen to be doing the recommended community health measure, she has succeeded inbeing a compliant citizen. If she thinks there are a modicum of benefit to mask wearing,... what's the big deal.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

The studies show masks do have a slight impact by blocking droplet spray. They do not really protect uninfected people from getting infected and the benefit is almost exclusively with infected people and droplet spray. That said, if you are on a bus or train longer that 15 minutes you probably will still get exposed mask or no. That is to say masks are 90% ineffective and only 10% effective according to studies which I have repeatedly linked. It is also very time dependent.

N95 masks are much, much more effective but they need to be changed every 20 minutes or less and may never be reused.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
they need to be changed every 20 minutes or less and may never be reused.

That is one thing these mask-retards do not seem to grasp. The masks they wear are little breeding grounds for all kinds of bacteria. And they constantly touch things, then touch the mask, touch things, then take the mask off, touch things, put the mask back on...

Sickly fucks.