Support for Path to Citizenship for Illegals Plummets

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
It is encouraging to see Democraps, per the poll, dumping the ridiculous idea that illegal activity should be rewarded.
Those who have known me/my view on this know that it is a major point of contention between me and my otherwise political brethren and sistrens.
This country is vastly overpopulated as it is and offering inducements such as this and the bastardization of the 14th birthright clause only has the predictable result of mass gatecrashing.
Of coursed - in truth and reality it is the conservative business community which benefits most by the cheap labor which immigration provides, legal and illegal, and it has always been apparent to me that secure borders, and strict limitations is the true Liberal position re: immigration.
The Biden administration has clearly mishandled the situation as much as the Trump admin did.
In fact - what administration going back to Reagan hasn't? BION - Clinton was the best.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Americans’ support for providing a pathway to citizenship has plummeted since President Joe Biden took office in January as the new administration has struggled to get a handle on the worsening
at the southern border, according to a new poll.

A Politico/ Morning Consult
shows just 43 percent of voters believe that undocumented immigrants who are currently living in the United States should be offered a pathway to citizenship. That figure has dropped 14 points since January.

Among Democrats, support fell from 72 percent to 57 percent, while just one-in-four Republicans were in favor of the proposed pathway, a decrease of ten percentage points.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Healthy economies are growing economies, birth rates decline in mature economies...stifling growth and leading to decline...unless you find sources of population outside your arbitrary population base.

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
Healthy economies are growing economies, birth rates decline in mature economies...stifling growth and leading to decline...unless you find sources of population outside your arbitrary population base.
So growth is ever good. No limits?

I'll check, but I can't recall the last time the population of the US was in decline.
In fact it has doubled in my lifetime.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I'll check, but I can't recall the last time the population of the US was in decline.
Why is our generation known as "The baby boomers" or boomers for short?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Pro tip, there were dos el boomeros

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

You know - I don't need to explain that to you.
800px-US_Census_Population_Graph_from_1790.svg.png
Population growth chart 1790 - 2010

We should all be rich like Bill Gates if population growth was related to personal wealth

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have said it a million times. I'll say it again.

I don't think there should be no limits on immigration. Every country that I know anything about has limits and laws. Immigration does need to be controlled and limited. But I do not believe in treating people looking for a better life like animals. They're doing what any of us would do if we came from abject poverty. The way the US treats them is obscene.

All that being said, this is what I believe is crucial. Well, two things. No, three.

1, Population growth has got to be controlled. There are way too many people for the planet. 2, global corporations have got to pay workers everywhere a living wage. Do that, and emigration will be drastically reduced. There will be economic refugees as long as these corporations treat their workers like slaves. And 3, the US has got to stop creating war-torn nations that in turn create desperate refugees.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
...why doesn't the United States just create the equivalent of a French Foreign Legion?

foreign-legion_1126189a.jpg

...so this would allow those who want American Citizenship badly enough, to enlist in the US armed forces.

I know unofficially, that foreign nationals have enlisted in the American armed forces.

The US should just make it official, and do what France has been doing for centuries.

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
Immigration does need to be controlled and limited. But I do not believe in treating people looking for a better life like animals.
Absolutely - this was a great failure of the Trump administration.
The immediate failure of the Biden administration is that sent the message "Border Open for Crossing".
Intentional or not - that's what happened.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
...why doesn't the United States just create the equivalent of a French Foreign Legion?

...so this would allow those who want American Citizenship badly enough, to enlist in the US armed forces.

I know unofficially, that foreign nationals have enlisted in the American armed forces.

The US should just make it official, and do what France has been doing for centuries.

A LOT of foreign nationals have enlisted in the US armed forces, yes. It's a FACT. And they are taken gladly. They should get automatic citizenship. They put them through a lot.

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

Not a relevant point.
Fact is that American women have 2.05 children born to them. Just statistically below replacement levels
therefore - all population growth is directly related to immigration - regardless of where it comes from.
Illegal immigration, however is equal to legal immigration in numbers and primarily across the southern border.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

A LOT of foreign nationals have enlisted in the US armed forces, yes. It's a FACT. And they are taken gladly. They should get automatic citizenship. They put them through a lot.

I'm aware of that.

But the USA should just make it Official.

Call it an American Foreign Legion.

And this would be 'the pathway to citizenship'.

I agree with Holliday...that there shouldn't be wholesale citizenship for illegals or under qualified.

But perhaps what the US should create is a lower class 1 year renewable visa, call it something like an 'X visa' for domestics, farmworkers, low skilled workers. They'd have to pay their taxes, they'd get access to healthcare, but they could never immigrate and become citizens.

I remember when I was in the States, I had to apply and pay for a Free Trade visa.

However, I could never immigrate or receive social security or social benefits, just work and pay taxes as a conditionof staying in the USA.

I think about the only pathway to US citizenship for foreigners is a green card or possibly an H1 class visa for PhD's or professional athletes or celebrities.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Not a relevant point.
Fact is that American women have 2.05 children born to them. Just statistically below replacement levels
therefore - all population growth is directly related to immigration - regardless of where it comes from.
Illegal immigration, however is equal to legal immigration in numbers and primarily across the southern border.

That's why the world outside US borders matters. If people were paid more in 3rd world countries and they were better educated, their birth rates would go down, and all those things would work in concert to reduce emigration drastically.

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

I disagree, Lotus. Dilution of the ranks (greater numbers of non-Romans in the Roman army) is often sited as a cause of it deterioration as a fighting force.
I mean, why does enlisting in the military as a non-citizen put one in line for citizenship any more than cleaning latrines, plucking chicken, or picking lettuce?

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I disagree, Lotus. Dilution of the ranks (greater numbers of non-Romans in the Roman army) is often sighted as a cause of it deterioration as a fighting force.
I mean, why does enlisting in the military as a non-citizen put one in line for citizenship any more than cleaning latrines, plucking chicken, or picking lettuce?

They take them because not enough Americans are signing up. I don't want to see the draft return, do you? I have a son, so fuck that shit.

It should put them at the head of the line because they risk their fucking lives.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I disagree, Lotus. Dilution of the ranks (greater numbers of non-Romans in the Roman army) is often sighted as a cause of it deterioration as a fighting force.

I believe there is a class in the US military for foreign volunteers.

But they also expect the to be ready to serve in dangerous missions with a high possibility of never coming back.

I think if they die in combat, then citizenship can get conferred upon next of kin.

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
But perhaps what the US should create is a lower class 1 year renewable visa, call it something like an 'X visa' for domestics, farmworkers, low skilled workers. They'd have to pay their taxes, they'd get access to healthcare, but they could never immigrate and become citizens.
I think the big question, Joe, is what to do with the millions who have been here for many years and in particular those who were brought here, no fault of their own, as children.
I don't see kicking them out but neither do I see rewarding with citizenship. So I agree that there should be a special status created for them - neither their children, or children's children should have citizen status.
This would in effect be a form of amnesty - and I'd be okay with it if it was also permanent in law that there would never be another, and that law would be created of a zero tolerance variety for both violators and their enablers - ie, employers, and harborers. Harsh penalties.

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

They take them because not enough Americans are signing up. I don't want to see the draft return, do you? I have a son, so fuck that shit.

It should put them at the head of the line because they risk their fucking lives.
Pardons - I had no idea you were a supporter of maintaining the military apparatus.

PS: risking lives - I'll wager more illegals die due to working in poor conditions/dangerous health conditions in the fields and coups than in the military.

PS: lemme expand on something there.
If, as I have suggested many times, we had a proper and functional guest worker program
then conditions would have to be improved in accordance with worker safety laws. Wages would rise and Americans might then be more willing to take those positions, thereby reducing the need for the foreign labor.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I think the big question, Joe, is what to do with the millions who have been here for many years and in particular those who were brought here, no fault of their own, as children.
I don't see kicking them out but neither do I see rewarding with citizenship. So I agree that there should be a special status created for them - neither their children, or children's children should have citizen status.
This would in effect be a form of amnesty - and I'd be okay with it if it was also permanent in law that there would never be another, and that law would be created of a zero tolerance variety for both violators and their enablers - ie, employers, and harborers. Harsh penalties.

You can't be lenient on illegals otherwise they'll never stop coming.

I think their mentality is if 99% of them fail, but just 1% succeed in getting into the US, that's considered a success.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Pardons - I had no idea you were a supporter of maintaining the military apparatus.

PS: risking lives - I'll wager more illegals die due to conditions working in poor conditions/dangerous health conditions in the fields and coups than in the military.

If, as I have suggested many times, we had a proper and functional guest worker program
then conditions would have to be improved in accordance with worker safety laws. Wages would rise and Americans might then be more willing to take those positions, thereby reducing the need for the foreign labor.

I don't support maintaining the military apparatus. Where'd you come up with that? Don't be a brainless troll, please.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Sorry libtards, you opened pandoras box on this so even if you dont support it, you support it. I'd like to see the baby thrown out with the bathwater here as you're all detrimental to America anyway. Just fukin die.

OP
OP

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

PS: risking lives - I'll wager more illegals die due to conditions working in poor conditions/dangerous health conditions in the fields and coups than in the military.

I don't support maintaining the military apparatus. Where'd you come up with that? Don't be a brainless troll, please.
Then don't worry about who is or isn't signing up.
There won't be a draft, and even if there was draft cards will still burn (figuratively speaking).

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I think the large corporations and the top 1% should pay a 'Military Industrial Complex Tax' because a large reason the US maintains a huge armed forces is to protect their financial interests.

ie - why is the average US taxpayer expected to foot the bill when a US tanker gets in trouble with Somali Pirates in the Arab Gulf? That should be up to that company to pay 100% of the cost of such rescue operations as a 'price for doing business' there. None of those profits go towards most US citizens, so such corporations and their shareholders should pay taxes for such protection.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I think the large corporations and the top 1% should pay a 'Military Industrial Complex Tax' because a large reason the US maintains a huge armed forces is to protect their financial interests.

ie - why is the average US taxpayer expected to foot the bill when a US tanker gets in trouble with Somali Pirates in the Arab Gulf? That should be up to that company to pay 100% of the cost of such rescue operations as a 'price for doing business' there. None of those profits go towards most US citizens, so such corporations and their shareholders should pay taxes for such protection.

Exactly. I completely agree.

I think 98% of the reason for (or at least use of) the US military is for protection of financial assets, as well as seizure of natural resources in foreign countries that will increase said financial assets.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Then don't worry about who is or isn't signing up.
There won't be a draft, and even if there was draft cards will still burn (figuratively speaking).

Don't tell me what I should or should not worry about, my dear friend. Thanks.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Exactly. I completely agree.

I think 98% of the reason for (or at least use of) the US military is for protection of financial assets, as well as seizure of natural resources in foreign countries that will increase said financial assets.

There should be 2 separate taxes for military exeenditures, since it eats up much of the US budget.

One for domestic expenditures which every US citizen would pay, and another for overseas bases and operations which the corporations would be expected to foot the bill for since it benefits them the most.

If I were a US citizen, I'd be piping mad at the US government if I was expected to pay for an overseas military empire while large corporations got massive tax cuts and just paid minimal for such operations. That translates into fewer hospitals, roads, schools and services for them because the corporations are getting subsidized.

In reality, the international US military presence is a subsidy for large corporations and their shareholders. Anyone having properties and assets which the US military protects should foot the entire bill, not the average US citizen.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Yeah, will do a lot better as a society with more stinky alcoholic wetbacks who can't even spell their own names on a job application.

Good thinking there, Francis

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

Trouble in Parasites between you Holeintheheaddickwad18 ?

you fucking mooks on the left cant even agree with each other let alone run a cohesive and effective government

both of you should strangle yourselves to death

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Immigration does need to be controlled and limited. But I do not believe in treating people looking for a better life like animals.
Absolutely - this was a great failure of the Trump administration.
The immediate failure of the Biden administration is that sent the message "Border Open for Crossing".
Intentional or not - that's what happened.

Indeed it was.