The South shall rise again... with the help of a crane.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Actually, my position on these matters is known.

I support the contextualizing of history, not the erasing of it.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!

If it's offensive, then I don't have a problem with it going.
It's not offensive to me personally.
The one at Gettysburg is in historical context,
But if it goes,
It goes-

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

MOST people do. Benzo thinks otherwise.
Wrong again.
You're very closed minded-

IM closed minded? I'm not the one celebrating the destruction of someone else's art because a well funded activist group finds it offensive and isnt interested in the nuance and layers of American history, am I? Lmao.

Define "closed minded", Benz. I'm wondering if you think it means "people who disagree with left wing identity politics".

The fact it isnt going to a museum kinda says a lot, yeah?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Wrong again.

IM closed minded? I'm not the one celebrating the destruction of someone else's art because a well funded activist group finds it offensive and isnt interested in the nuance and layers of American history, am I? Lmao.

Define "closed minded", Benz. I'm wondering if you think it means "people who disagree with left wing identity politics".

Actually I tend to agree.

Why are these zealots tearing down history?

So the rest of us can't see or appreciate it?
Leave it alone ffs.

We have the same problem in Canada too of Social Justice Morons tearing down our history.

This is Marxism - social Marxism like it was practised in China and Cambodia.

The true Evil at work is they are erasing history in order to rewrite it. So your children and grandchildren will never know about it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

We have the same problem in Canada too of Social Justice Morons tearing down our history.

Yep.

It's a damn disturbing shame that all these well funded leftwing groups are attacking and destroying (and revising) history and claiming to represent the people.

It comes down to.. what are any of us gonna do about it?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

Yep.

It's a damn disturbing shame that all these well funded leftwing groups are attacking and destroying (and revising) history and claiming to represent the people.

Native activists destroyed this priceless statue of Queen Victoria in Canada worth millions of dollars in real value.

One more piece of informative history gone.

Oh well

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

The true Evil at work is they are erasing history in order to rewrite it. So your children and grandchildren will never know about it.

Did you approve of Saddam Hussein's statue, a traitor to his people, coming down?

Lee was a traitor to his nation, full stop.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

Yep.

I understand there was a lot wrong with the institution of slavery but I'd still want to know about it.

Actually these BLM Antifa types are so outraged by a bunch of statues representing a fallen regime from 150 years ago but they don't criticize Islam for enslaving Black people in Africa. This is going on right now.

The world should condemn this practice as well as the Taliban and ISIS as major human rights violations.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

Yep.

I understand there was a lot wrong with the institution of slavery but I'd still want to know about it.

Actually these BLM Antifa types are so outraged by a bunch of statues representing a fallen regime from 150 years ago but they don't criticize Islam for enslaving Black people in Africa. This is going on right now.

The world should condemn this practice as well as the Taliban and ISIS as major human rights violations.

Black people in America are concerned about Black people in America. Just how much do you want them to work on? Talk about privilege.

WTF are you doing to make the world a better place? Posting here?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

Yep.

That's the issue though. The Civil War had nothing to do with slavery when it started. It was a state rights war.

And it's not the "north good, south bad" narrative the revisionist history wants it to be.

People in the north are often surprised when they see black southerners with Confederate flags.

It's a war of narratives. And people should be very alarmed that well funded activist groups are trying to control the narratives of history.

It's sad, it's a very sad thing. And its NOT the "people" that are doing it.

I'm sure the activist narrative over in your country is also a revision of actual history. I wish I knew more about it. It's clear the problems in America are global. (As far as western countries at least)

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

Yep.

Indeed but you see how simple sharing of views and information is received by these controling and dogmatic progressives.

The entire point is to take apart western civilization. When you look at their goals and language through that proper lense, it makes a lot of sense. People caught up in it are high off emotion, not thinking rationally so they dont see the big picture. Hate anger and hysterics is how they "progress".

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

Yep.

That's the issue though. The Civil War had nothing to do with slavery when it started. It was a state rights war.

And it's not the "north good, south bad" narrative the revisionist history wants it to be.

People in the north are often surprised when they see black southerners with Confederate flags.

It's a war of narratives. And people should be very alarmed that well funded activist groups are trying to control the narratives of history.

I'm sure the activist narrative over in your country is also a revision of actual history. I wish I knew more about it. It's clear the problems in America are global. (As far as western countries at least)

Hey, don't believe your lying eyes!

Georgia
"The people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery."

Mississippi

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

Yep.

I think the Civil War had a lot to do with slavery. However it was just 5% or less of Southerners who owned slaves. The vast majority of Southern Whites were poor and had no economic stake in preserving slavery.

Yes from the pov of the 1%ers it made sense to fight for and preserve slavery, but likely not the bottom 95% or more.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

Yep.

I think the Civil War had a lot to do with slavery. However it was just 5% or less of Southerners who owned slaves. The vast majority of Southern Whites were poor and had no economic stake in preserving slavery.

Yes from the poverty of the 1%ers it made sense to fight for and preserve slavery, but likely not the 95% or more.

What poor white people had was no competition and this sense that "at least we're not slaves (read black)". They had a vested interest in the status quo.

They could feel like "somebody". That's what is happening to Blazor now. He is working class and doesn't understand what has him in that position. In his mind it's leftists. Unfortunately, he hasn't bothered to think that the people that have run Virginia in modern times have not been leftists until recently. It was a red state the entire time he was growing up.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Wrong again.

Leave it alone ffs.

Yep.

Yes from the pov of the 1%ers it made sense to fight for and preserve slavery, but likely not the bottom 95% or more.

They wanted state rights preserved and freeing slaves became an objective later on. You are absolutely right that a very low amount of southerners even had slaves. It was the wealthy.

And there were black slave owners.

Forcing a narrative that America was "built" on racism is the objective with these people. They want to push this idea that the liberal order of America itself provides protection of "racism" and must be brought down.

It stops having any sort of coherency past that....none of them have any ideas of what to replace it with beyond different varieties and bizzare forms of communism.

They are kinda just getting revolting amounts of funding to divide and destroy the country on their way to utopia. Which is going to be some global socailist bullshit no one in their right mind would want.

America and the experiment has to be repainted as a failure from the start. So no one fights for that American liberty again.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anybody watch the, The Colour Purple? How did you like the part where 14 yr old Celie kept being raped and her babies were sold off?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Anybody watch the, The Colour Purple? How did you like the part where 14 yr old Celie kept being raped and her babies were sold off?

Its horrible. It makes me proud that America abolished legal slavery.

Now if only we had well funded activists fighting human trafficking with that same vigor, we could probably stop other 14 year olds from the constant rape and forced abortions(since today that's how its handled when young sex slaves get pregnant) that are occurring today right in our own backyards. Its fucking SAD.