Tipping workers

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Guess I’d skip tipping, too, if I were a GenZ’er and drop the coins in a jar for my retirement seeing as the Canadian Pension Plan and U.S. Social Security coffers will be empty by the time I get that golden watch.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Guess I’d skip tipping, too, if I were a GenZ’er and drop the coins in a jar for my retirement seeing as the Canadian Pension Plan and U.S. Social Security coffers will be empty by the time I get that golden watch.

Well, that's one way of looking at things.

UncleDiLF

So much FiLTH!!!!
Site Supporter ☠️
I never tip. I Give Them a good smile at the end.

I dont believe in tipping. They should have been better in school.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I used to tip quite generously but now that our local minimum wage is $16.30 I no longer feel a need to give large tips. I absolutely refuse to tip for counter service where no service is provided beyond simply giving me what I paid for already. I also hate that many of these counter service places put absurd rates like 25%, 30% or 40%.

If I see that then, fuck you, you get nothing. 15% is the highest I will go these days. They already get a living wage.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Tipping is getting a little out of control.

It used to be 10%. Then 15%. Now most of the payment machines suggest 15%, 18%, or 20%. That, coupled with the higher cost of meals, has made going out for dinner a significant expense.

Still, I usually tip at least 18% because I have this strange desire to have strangers like me.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We're going to pay tips or we're going to pay for meals that cost more money. One way or another, business aren't going to absorb those costs.

It seems when we tip, we have some control.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't sit down in Restaurants often being single, but often when I get take out, I will tip 20% So the servers will think I am a man of means, and tier one luxury.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I never tip. I Give Them a good smile at the end.

I dont believe in tipping. They should have been better in school.
If you just leave nothing they just know you are a cheap bastard but if you leave just a dime then they know you are a ass hole too -