What's the last thing you purchased?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
The previous Eco Drive was 450 bucks in 2007....very attractive polished SS and gold rimmed... this one was only 120 bucks last year. The old one still works but the capacitor in it needs more and more sunlight to not miss a beat.

Like every 3-4 days instead of 3-4 months....

I have a Seiko solar powered watch. I like it.

My old Seiko "Kinetic" charges with movement...it does not hold a charge for long now and needs servicing...it is probably a capacitor that needs to be replaced.

Many times I have looked at Citizen Eco Drive watches and almost bought one. It might happen. I have a bit of a watch fetish.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
u bought a watch in the era of smart phones?

Yeah. Where I go hiking, there is no reason to have a smart phone.

I do not like to carry my phone most of the time in the city, either. People can leave a message and I will call them back.
even out of range there r useful apps, ie barometer etc, that r useful.

i played angry birds then listened 2 an audiobook as i drifted off 2 sleep

I do not like carrying a smart phone around most of the time.

When I hike, I might carry any of the following:

A GMRS radio. A watch. A camera. A drone. A bottle of water. Snacks. A knife. Pepper spray. Sunscreen. Bug repellent.

But never a smart phone.
a smart phone does a few of those (watch, camera, compass, calculator, altimeter, etc) - before u retire a phone, uploaded with tons of usefull apps, then use it

those gmrs '36 mile' radios r bs. ok for malls and children lol

I carry a 5 watt UHF handheld with me....

we have 2m radios, is that the same? i know its illegal without a license but whatever, they go for miles lol

i checked, mine is an icom

UHF in Australia is 476.4250 to 477.4125MHz
thats all the room they give u?

i turned mine on and it went from 144 to 148 for talking

Without a licence, yes....

There's 80 channels in that range. More than enough....

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
The previous Eco Drive was 450 bucks in 2007....very attractive polished SS and gold rimmed... this one was only 120 bucks last year. The old one still works but the capacitor in it needs more and more sunlight to not miss a beat.

My old Seiko "Kinetic" charges with movement...it does not hold a charge for long now and needs servicing...it is probably a capacitor that needs to be replaced.

Many times I have looked at Citizen Eco Drive watches and almost bought one. It might happen. I have a bit of a watch fetish.

The watch is like a man's shoes and jacket with first impressions.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

wrist watches today r like yesterdays pocket watch, the trend is nearly dead

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yet people love their smart watches....

Wearing a traditional watch shows that the person deserves to sit at the grown up table.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Wearing a traditional watch shows that the person deserves to sit at the grown up table.

but if u have a phone in your pocket its fake and redundant, all for 'bling'

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Me too....but by choice. I hate the fuss and expense with hair.

I use clippers on my hair...it grows out so quickly and looks shaggy in a week...I should just clipper it for a minute or so every few days, but I let it grow for a few weeks all the time and wait until my wife says it is too long around my ears...

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
ur bald? like a shaved bruce willis or a toilet-seat 'idgaf' boss hog baldness?

I do not shave it...it is like this guy, but maybe not as far back...

enrt2yidb1461.jpg

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

How much for a decent PC with the ability to house multiple ssd's/hard drives & operating systems?

I'm kinda running away from Apple given its exorbitant prices. It's like $7000 usd for their entry level 2019 mac pro which they plan to make obsolete in the near future.

whatever u buy itll be worth nothing and obsolete tomorrow

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

but if u have a phone in your pocket its fake and redundant, all for 'bling'

I try not to carry a phone on me but I seldom take my watch off.... even while swimming or diving.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

How much for a decent PC with the ability to house multiple ssd's/hard drives & operating systems?

I'm kinda running away from Apple given its exorbitant prices. It's like $7000 usd for their entry level 2019 mac pro which they plan to make obsolete in the near future.

Well as long it can install and run Windows 11, I might be able to keep it current til 2030. Anyways I'm starting to lose my patience with Apple.

Windows is now almost as good as Apple to the point where the differences are becoming imperceptible. Apple has a sheenier shinier interface but they run stuff like Photoshop the same.

I don't think there's any advantage to owning an Apple computer anymore. Just hype propoganda and a hefty price tag.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Well as long it can install and run Windows 11, I might be able to keep it current til 2030. Anyways I'm starting to lose my patience with Apple.

Windows is now almost as good as Apple to the point where the differences are becoming imperceptible. Apple has a sheenier shinier interface but they run stuff like Photoshop the same.

I don't think there's any advantage to owning an Apple computer anymore. Just hype propoganda and a hefty price tag.

I run everything off a Galaxy Note Plus phone quite comfortably... it does everything well.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Ive watched maybe 5 minutes of it altogether.... no interest whatsoever. Boring subject matter tbh....

Back when it first ran, a woman I worked with had HBO and recorded it on VHS every week for me. I watched the entire series that way.

Then a few years later I borrowed the series on DVD from the library and watched it through.

Then I bought the series on DVD and watched it a few years ago.

I plan to watch it again.

The plot, the character development, the moral issues, etc. etc.....I found the entire series really entertaining.